Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-rfc7752bis-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2019 06:15:52 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Distribution of Link-State and Traffic Engineering Information Using BGP
        Author          : Ketan Talaulikar
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-rfc7752bis-01.txt
	Pages           : 58
	Date            : 2019-09-14

Abstract:
   In a number of environments, a component external to a network is
   called upon to perform computations based on the network topology and
   current state of the connections within the network, including
   Traffic Engineering (TE) information.  This is information typically
   distributed by IGP routing protocols within the network.

   This document describes a mechanism by which link-state and TE
   information can be collected from networks and shared with external
   components using the BGP routing protocol.  This is achieved using a
   new BGP Network Layer Reachability Information (NLRI) encoding
   format.  The mechanism is applicable to physical and virtual IGP
   links.  The mechanism described is subject to policy control.

   Applications of this technique include Application-Layer Traffic
   Optimization (ALTO) servers and Path Computation Elements (PCEs).

   This document obsoletes RFC 7752 by completely replacing that
   document.  It makes a number of small changes and clarifications to
   the previous specification.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-rfc7752bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-rfc7752bis-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-idr-rfc7752bis-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-rfc7752bis-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/