Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-rs-bfd-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2019 12:23:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Making Route Servers Aware of Data Link Failures at IXPs
        Authors         : Randy Bush
                          Jeffrey Haas
                          John G. Scudder
                          Arnold Nipper
                          Christoph Dietzel
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-rs-bfd-08.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2019-09-02

Abstract:
   When BGP route servers are used, the data plane is not congruent with
   the control plane.  Therefore, peers at an Internet exchange can lose
   data connectivity without the control plane being aware of it, and
   packets are lost.  This document proposes the use of a newly defined
   BGP Subsequent Address Family Identifier (SAFI) both to allow the
   route server to request its clients use BFD to track data plane
   connectivity to their peers' addresses, and for the clients to signal
   that connectivity state back to the route server.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-rs-bfd/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-rs-bfd-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-idr-rs-bfd-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-rs-bfd-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/