Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-deprecate-as-set-confed-set-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2019 19:43:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Deprecation of AS_SET and AS_CONFED_SET in BGP
        Authors         : Warren Kumari
                          Kotikalapudi Sriram
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-deprecate-as-set-confed-set-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2019-09-03

Abstract:
   BCP 172 (i.e., RFC 6472) recommends not using AS_SET and
   AS_CONFED_SET in Border Gateway Protocol (BGP).  This document
   updates RFC 4271 and proscribes the use of the AS_SET and
   AS_CONFED_SET types of path segments in the AS_PATH.  This is done to
   simplify the design and implementation of BGP and to make the
   semantics of the originator of a route clearer.  This will also
   simplify the design, implementation, and deployment of various BGP
   security mechanisms.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-deprecate-as-set-confed-set/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-deprecate-as-set-confed-set-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-idr-deprecate-as-set-confed-set-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/