Subject: [Idr] Shpehrd of draft-ietf-idr-rfc8203bis-04.txt

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2019 03:02:20 -0400

Job, Jacob, John,  Alex: 

I have reviewed draft-ietf-ider-rfc8203bis-04.txt in preparation 

For sending this document to the IESG for publication.  

I've included my comments in two forms: 

Required Changes and Editorial suggestions. 

I've asked for OPS-DIR and RTG-DIR early review of 

this draft.    Please consider submitting the required 

text changes in a -05.txt version so the 

early reviews can move swiftly. 

Susan Hares 

--------------------

Shepherd's Required Changes prior to submission: 

IN section: 5.  IANA Considerations 

Old:  /Cease Notification message subcodes/

New: /BGP Cease NOTIFICATION message subcodes/

Why: registry name at: 

https://www.iana.org/assignments/bgp-parameters/bgp-parameters.xhtml#bgp-par
ameters-83

is incorrectly provided in the text. 

Shepherd's Editorial suggestion: 

Location:  Page 3: Section 6 Security considerations

Paragraph 3, last sentence 

Text:/ Refer to the
   related considerations in 
[RFC4271 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4271> ] and [RFC4272
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4272> ]./ 

I understand why you point to [RFC4272], but what related

considerations are you examining in [RFC4271]. 

I suggest adding a section in [RFC4271] that you wish to refer to. 

The form could be 

New text:/ Refer to the
   related considerations in 
[RFC4271 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4271> ] (section x.x) and [RFC4272
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4272> ]./