Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-flowspec-interfaceset-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 03:09:36 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Applying BGP flowspec rules on a specific interface set
        Authors         : Stephane Litkowski
                          Adam Simpson
                          Keyur Patel
                          Jeffrey Haas
                          Lucy Yong
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-flowspec-interfaceset-05.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2019-11-18

Abstract:
   The BGP Flow Specification (flowspec) Network Layer Reachability
   Information (BGP NLRI) extension (draft-ietf-idr-rfc5575bis) is used
   to distribute traffic flow specifications into BGP.  The primary
   application of this extension is the distribution of traffic
   filtering policies for the mitigation of distributed denial of
   service (DDoS) attacks.

   By default, flow specification filters are applied on all forwarding
   interfaces that are enabled for use by the BGP flowspec extension.  A
   network operator may wish to apply a given filter selectively to a
   subset of interfaces based on an internal classification scheme.
   Examples of this include "all customer interfaces", "all peer
   interfaces", "all transit interfaces", etc.

   This document defines BGP Extended Communities (RFC4360) that allow
   such filters to be selectively applied to sets of forwarding
   interfaces sharing a common group identifier.  The BGP Extended
   Communities carrying this group identifier are referred to as the BGP
   Flowspec "interface-set" Extended Communities.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-flowspec-interfaceset/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-flowspec-interfaceset-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-idr-flowspec-interfaceset-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-flowspec-interfaceset-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/