Subject: Re: [Idr] draft-li-idr-flowspec-rpd-05.txt - WG Adoption call (10/14 to 10/28/2019)

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2019 08:56:06 -0400

Huiamo: 

<wg chair hat on> 

The title draft-ietf-idr-bgp-rpd is acceptable to this chair.   If you would
like to submit draft-li-idr-flowspec-rpd-05.txt as draft-ietf-idr-bgp-rpd,
then please let me know.   I will enable your submission of the draft. 

Sue Hares 

From: Idr [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Huaimo Chen
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2019 10:44 PM
To: Susan Hares; 'Christoph Loibl'
Cc: 'idr wg'
Subject: Re: [Idr] draft-li-idr-flowspec-rpd-05.txt - WG Adoption call
(10/14 to 10/28/2019)

Hi Christoph, 

    Thanks much for your support and suggesting tilte draft-ietf-idr-bgp-rpd
for the draft.

   This title is good. Would it be better to use
draft-ietf-idr-bgp-routing-policy-distribution? 

    The latter is similar to other titles such as
draft-ietf-idr-bgp-sr-policy-path-segment.

Best Regards,

Huaimo

  _____  

From: Idr <[email-masked]> on behalf of Susan Hares <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2019 9:10 AM
To: 'Christoph Loibl' <[email-masked]>
Cc: 'idr wg' <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Idr] draft-li-idr-flowspec-rpd-05.txt - WG Adoption call
(10/14 to 10/28/2019) 

Christoph: 
<WG member hat on, individual contributor>
I agree with your review of the title. 

Sue Hares

-----Original Message-----
From: Christoph Loibl [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2019 2:43 PM
To: Susan Hares
Cc: idr wg
Subject: Re: [Idr] draft-li-idr-flowspec-rpd-05.txt - WG Adoption call
(10/14 to 10/28/2019)

I know, I am very late with my support. I was unable to read the latest
version of the document till now. 

I fully support the adoption (this happened already I know).

However, one thing I want to mention:

The technology described in the document is not really related to BGP
Flowspec and even the title has been changed in the meantime:

        from
        BGP FlowSpec Extensions for Routing Policy Distribution (RPD) (-00)
        to
        BGP Extensions for Routing Policy Distribution (RPD) (-05)

I recommend using a different working-title for the draft as well (currently
draft-li-idr-flowspec-rpd / draft-ietf-idr-flowspec-rpd) to avoid confusion
with other flowspec related work in IDR (ie. draft-ietf-idr-bgp-rpd-00)

Cheers Christoph

-- 
Christoph Loibl
[email-masked] | CL8-RIPE | PGP-Key-ID: 0x4B2C0055 |
https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nextlay
er.at
<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nextla
yer.at&amp;data=02%7C01%7Chuaimo.chen%40futurewei.com%7Cf87644e2b368483fc73e
08d75e03ccf9%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C637081242736400279
&amp;sdata=B3%2FWszat01yiMTQLuulRBqcKrs6izPnWrqxYX0ge%2BG8%3D&amp;reserved=0
&amp;data=02%7C01%7Chuaimo.chen%40futurewei.com%7Cf87644e2b368483fc73e08d75e
03ccf9%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C637081242736400279&amp;s
data=B3%2FWszat01yiMTQLuulRBqcKrs6izPnWrqxYX0ge%2BG8%3D&amp;reserved=0

> On 14.10.2019, at 21:18, Susan Hares <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> This begins a 2 week WG adoption call for
draft-li-idr-flowspec-rpd-05..txt

> (10/14 to 10/28/2019).  You can access the draft at: 
>  
>
https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdatatracke
r.ietf.org%2Fdoc%2Fdraft-li-idr-flowspec-rpd%2F
<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdatatrack
er.ietf.org%2Fdoc%2Fdraft-li-idr-flowspec-rpd%2F&amp;data=02%7C01%7Chuaimo.c
hen%40futurewei.com%7Cf87644e2b368483fc73e08d75e03ccf9%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c7
53a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C637081242736400279&amp;sdata=oN2YF8xB0VNV%2BYkbqEcZV
URE3M4RFDTn5pIwRIfnU3Y%3D&amp;reserved=0>
&amp;data=02%7C01%7Chuaimo.chen%40futurewei.com%7Cf87644e2b368483fc73e08d75e
03ccf9%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C637081242736400279&amp;s
data=oN2YF8xB0VNV%2BYkbqEcZVURE3M4RFDTn5pIwRIfnU3Y%3D&amp;reserved=0
>  
> In your discussion regarding this draft consider if:
>  
> 1)      Passing extended policy in BGP  is useful,
> 2)      Passing policy in wide community atom is a technical sound
mechanism,
> 3)      A deployment need exists for this technology. 
>  
>  
> Susan Hares
> Co-chair and shepherd 
> _______________________________________________
> Idr mailing list
> [email-masked]
>
https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.o
rg%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fidr
<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.
org%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fidr&amp;data=02%7C01%7Chuaimo.chen%40futurewei.co
m%7Cf87644e2b368483fc73e08d75e03ccf9%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%
7C0%7C637081242736400279&amp;sdata=7UJGGV31hhkTUieQuXjy0gFd3yyOJ9SuWyuT4ued8
Ag%3D&amp;reserved=0>
&amp;data=02%7C01%7Chuaimo.chen%40futurewei.com%7Cf87644e2b368483fc73e08d75e
03ccf9%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C637081242736400279&amp;s
data=7UJGGV31hhkTUieQuXjy0gFd3yyOJ9SuWyuT4ued8Ag%3D&amp;reserved=0

_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.o
rg%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fidr
<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.
org%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fidr&amp;data=02%7C01%7Chuaimo..chen%40futurewei.c
om%7Cf87644e2b368483fc73e08d75e03ccf9%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1
%7C0%7C637081242736400279&amp;sdata=7UJGGV31hhkTUieQuXjy0gFd3yyOJ9SuWyuT4ued
8Ag%3D&amp;reserved=0>
&amp;data=02%7C01%7Chuaimo.chen%40futurewei.com%7Cf87644e2b368483fc73e08d75e
03ccf9%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C637081242736400279&amp;s
data=7UJGGV31hhkTUieQuXjy0gFd3yyOJ9SuWyuT4ued8Ag%3D&amp;reserved=0

---

From: Huaimo Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2019 13:39:19 +0000

Hi Sue,

    Thank you very much for your time.
    We would like to submit it as draft-ietf-idr-bgp-rpd.

Best Regards,
Huaimo
________________________________
From: Susan Hares <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, November 1, 2019 8:56 AM
To: Huaimo Chen <[email-masked]>; 'Christoph Loibl' <[email-masked]>
Cc: 'idr wg' <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: [Idr] draft-li-idr-flowspec-rpd-05.txt - WG Adoption call (10/14 to 10/28/2019)

Huiamo:

<wg chair hat on>

The title draft-ietf-idr-bgp-rpd is acceptable to this chair.   If you would like to submit draft-li-idr-flowspec-rpd-05.txt as draft-ietf-idr-bgp-rpd, then please let me know.   I will enable your submission of the draft.

Sue Hares

From: Idr [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Huaimo Chen
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2019 10:44 PM
To: Susan Hares; 'Christoph Loibl'
Cc: 'idr wg'
Subject: Re: [Idr] draft-li-idr-flowspec-rpd-05.txt - WG Adoption call (10/14 to 10/28/2019)

Hi Christoph,

    Thanks much for your support and suggesting tilte draft-ietf-idr-bgp-rpd for the draft.

   This title is good. Would it be better to use draft-ietf-idr-bgp-routing-policy-distribution?

    The latter is similar to other titles such as draft-ietf-idr-bgp-sr-policy-path-segment.

Best Regards,

Huaimo

________________________________

Subject: Re: [Idr] draft-li-idr-flowspec-rpd-05.txt - WG Adoption call (10/14 to 10/28/2019)

Christoph:

Sue Hares

-----Original Message-----
From: Christoph Loibl [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2019 2:43 PM
To: Susan Hares
Cc: idr wg
Subject: Re: [Idr] draft-li-idr-flowspec-rpd-05.txt - WG Adoption call
(10/14 to 10/28/2019)

        from

Cheers Christoph

--
Christoph Loibl
[email-masked] | CL8-RIPE | PGP-Key-ID: 0x4B2C0055 | https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nextlayer.at&amp;data=02%7C01%7Chuaimo.chen%40futurewei.com%7Cf87644e2b368483fc73e08d75e03ccf9%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C637081242736400279&amp;sdata=B3%2FWszat01yiMTQLuulRBqcKrs6izPnWrqxYX0ge%2BG8%3D&amp;reserved=0<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nextlayer.at&data=02%7C01%7Chchen%40futurewei.com%7C0b1eadbe4d78446b222408d75ecae081%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C637082097773361791&sdata=e%2FzCY6cEpI%2BulS05JCIPaLBZwlEsCgCUBjpIwi0LQfY%3D&reserved=0>

> This begins a 2 week WG adoption call for draft-li-idr-flowspec-rpd-05..txt

> https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdatatracker.ietf.org%2Fdoc%2Fdraft-li-idr-flowspec-rpd%2F&amp;data=02%7C01%7Chuaimo.chen%40futurewei.com%7Cf87644e2b368483fc73e08d75e03ccf9%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C637081242736400279&amp;sdata=oN2YF8xB0VNV%2BYkbqEcZVURE3M4RFDTn5pIwRIfnU3Y%3D&amp;reserved=0<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdatatracker.ietf.org%2Fdoc%2Fdraft-li-idr-flowspec-rpd%2F&data=02%7C01%7Chchen%40futurewei.com%7C0b1eadbe4d78446b222408d75ecae081%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C637082097773371780&sdata=VN9YNsEb%2B3GROOQMfU4fpzAPTyEFN0RxHkJhYdsq5Lg%3D&reserved=0>
>
mechanism,
> https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fidr&amp;data=02%7C01%7Chuaimo.chen%40futurewei.com%7Cf87644e2b368483fc73e08d75e03ccf9%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C637081242736400279&amp;sdata=7UJGGV31hhkTUieQuXjy0gFd3yyOJ9SuWyuT4ued8Ag%3D&amp;reserved=0<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fidr&data=02%7C01%7Chchen%40futurewei.com%7C0b1eadbe4d78446b222408d75ecae081%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C637082097773381775&sdata=Jv7MdzJ4p6OsTRpyf0PQlyn8tTY9fRD0%2BQtTGQMVJoM%3D&reserved=0>

_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fidr&amp;data=02%7C01%7Chuaimo.chen%40futurewei.com%7Cf87644e2b368483fc73e08d75e03ccf9%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C637081242736400279&amp;sdata=7UJGGV31hhkTUieQuXjy0gFd3yyOJ9SuWyuT4ued8Ag%3D&amp;reserved=0<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fidr&data=02%7C01%7Chchen%40futurewei.com%7C0b1eadbe4d78446b222408d75ecae081%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C637082097773381775&sdata=Jv7MdzJ4p6OsTRpyf0PQlyn8tTY9fRD0%2BQtTGQMVJoM%3D&reserved=0>