Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-ext-opt-param-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 01:10:52 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Extended
      Optional Parameters Length for BGP OPEN Message
        Authors         : Enke Chen
                          John Scudder
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-ext-opt-param-08.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2019-11-18

Abstract:
   The Optional Parameters in the BGP OPEN message as defined in the
   base BGP specification are limited to 255 octets due to a one-octet
   length field.  BGP Capabilities are carried in this field and may
   foreseeably exceed 255 octets in the future, leading to concern about
   this limitation.

   In this document we update RFC 4271 by extending, in a backward-
   compatible manner, the length of the Optional Parameters in the BGP
   OPEN.  The Parameter Length field of individual Optional Parameters
   is also extended.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-ext-opt-param/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-ext-opt-param-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-idr-ext-opt-param-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-ext-opt-param-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: John Scudder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 09:13:59 +0000

Speaking of things stuck in an edit buffer, I realized I had some small editorial changes as a result of WGLC feedback that I hadn’t published. Now I have. 

—John

> On Nov 18, 2019, at 5:10 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
...