Subject: [Idr] Cross-check wrt draft-abraitis-bgp-version-capability

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019 04:46:05 -0000

Hi IDR,

Donatas has brought his little draft to me to consider for publication on
the Independent Stream.

We will be doing some edits along the way (including to mark the document as
not on the Standards Track).

I'm aware that there have been some discussions about this document in IDR
with debate about whether a more generic attribute would be useful, and
discussion about whether a well-known format of the version identifier
should be used.

The document is going forward in its current form and this is not a request
to reopen those old conversations, but reviews and comments are welcome.

This email serves two purposes:
1. To let you know of our plans for this document
2. To offer IDR the last chance to say "No, wait! This work really does need
to be done within the working group."

Thanks,
Adrian
Independent Submissions Editor (ISE)
[email-masked]