Subject: [Idr] 2 Week WG adoption call draft-hujun-idr-bgp-ipsec-02.txt and draft-hujun-idr-bgp-ipsec-transport-mode-00 (3/30 to 4/13/2020

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 08:06:49 -0400

This begins a 2 week WG adoption call for  two drafts BGP provisioned IPSEC
infrastructure 

1) draft-hujun-idr-bgp-ipsec-02.txt:

BGP Provisioned IPSEC Tunnel Configuration 

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hujun-idr-bgp-ipsec/

2) draft-hujun-idr-bgp-ipsec-transport-mode-00.txt:

BGP Provisioned IPsec Transport Mode Protected Tunnel Configuration 

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hujun-idr-bgp-ipsec-transport-mode/

These drafts were presented at IETF 104 and IETF 105. 

At IETF 105, there was a detailed discussion on the security issues. 

After IETF 105, the author modified his draft to take care of the 

Issues mentioned.  

Discussion during the WG Adoption should examine: 

1) Has this draft addressed the necessary security issues to 

    be adopted as IDR WG draft?

2) Is this useful generic IPSEC functionality for networks? 

   The EVPN related to IPSEC continues in BESS. 

   This draft is considered here as a general feature. 

3) Are there any deployments of this draft? 

Stay safe and healthy. Sue