Subject: Re: [Idr] draft-ietf-idr-bgp-flowspec-oid-11.txt - Working Group Last Call (3/30 to 4/13)

From: "UTTARO, JAMES" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2020 14:03:35 +0000

Sue,

              Apologies I could not attend today's IDR meeting. As per our conversation last week,  AT&T has deployed the following services that distribute flowspec updates/rules from a centralized controller that depend on the flowspec-oid technology specification. Note these are all on demand.

  1.  Edge Blocking
  2.  DDOS Diversion
  3.  Traffic Rate Limiting

Thanks,
              Jim Uttaro

From: Idr <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Susan Hares
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2020 12:44 PM
To: 'IDR List' <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Idr] draft-ietf-idr-bgp-flowspec-oid-11.txt - Working Group Last Call (3/30 to 4/13)

This is a 2 week WG LC for  draft-idr-bgp-flowspec-oid-1.txt.
You may find the draft at:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-flowspec-oid/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__datatracker.ietf.org_doc_draft-2Dietf-2Didr-2Dbgp-2Dflowspec-2Doid_&d=DwMFAg&c=LFYZ-o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=s7ZzB4JbPv3nYuoSx5Gy8Q&m=u07uFO3Esv1oju44LBsuc0AQoi7HkiD6lsCmVo8Qsmw&s=YJZzMD_DisrQZDVVs9UmQg4uGvd9FZZNk7CDGo9vb3I&e=>

Based on our discussion at the 3/30/2020 interim,
Most  Flow Specification implementations add this feature.

1) draft authors will send a response to this email with their IPR statements.
2) draft authors will update the IDR wiki page

https://trac.ietf.org/trac/idr/wiki/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-flowspec-oid%20implementations<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__trac.ietf.org_trac_idr_wiki_draft-2Dietf-2Didr-2Dbgp-2Dflowspec-2Doid-2520implementations&d=DwMFAg&c=LFYZ-o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=s7ZzB4JbPv3nYuoSx5Gy8Q&m=u07uFO3Esv1oju44LBsuc0AQoi7HkiD6lsCmVo8Qsmw&s=X6dkMmpuFsA4ctk0kmlBG4_l6j_IU500dO6LKWyI9Hg&e=>

3) The WG will run a 2 week WG last call discussion

During this discussion please indicate:

a) What deployments you know about
  (3rd party information about an implementation is fine)

b) Are there any issues with the implementations

c) Is this specification ready for publication?

Cheerily, Sue  Hares

---

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2020 12:07:50 -0400

Jim:

Is this information for public consumption?   If so, can I place it on idr
wiki and shepherd's report. 

If not, may I forward the information to Alvaro so he can use it to pass
this work through the IESG. 

Thanks,  Sue Hares 

From: UTTARO, JAMES [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, April 8, 2020 10:04 AM
To: Susan Hares; 'IDR List'
Subject: RE: [Idr] draft-ietf-idr-bgp-flowspec-oid-11.txt - Working Group
Last Call (3/30 to 4/13)

Sue,

              Apologies I could not attend today's IDR meeting. As per our
conversation last week,  AT&T has deployed the following services that
distribute flowspec updates/rules from a centralized controller that depend
on the flowspec-oid technology specification. Note these are all on demand.

a.      Edge Blocking 

b.      DDOS Diversion

c.       Traffic Rate Limiting

Thanks,

              Jim Uttaro

From: Idr <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Susan Hares
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2020 12:44 PM
To: 'IDR List' <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Idr] draft-ietf-idr-bgp-flowspec-oid-11.txt - Working Group Last
Call (3/30 to 4/13)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-flowspec-oid/
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__datatracker.ietf.org_d
oc_draft-2Dietf-2Didr-2Dbgp-2Dflowspec-2Doid_&d=DwMFAg&c=LFYZ-o9_HUMeMTSQicv
jIg&r=s7ZzB4JbPv3nYuoSx5Gy8Q&m=u07uFO3Esv1oju44LBsuc0AQoi7HkiD6lsCmVo8Qsmw&s
=YJZzMD_DisrQZDVVs9UmQg4uGvd9FZZNk7CDGo9vb3I&e=> 

1) draft authors will send a response to this email with their IPR
statements. 

https://trac.ietf.org/trac/idr/wiki/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-flowspec-oid%20implem
entations
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__trac.ietf.org_trac_idr
_wiki_draft-2Dietf-2Didr-2Dbgp-2Dflowspec-2Doid-2520implementations&d=DwMFAg
&c=LFYZ-o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=s7ZzB4JbPv3nYuoSx5Gy8Q&m=u07uFO3Esv1oju44LBsuc0A
Qoi7HkiD6lsCmVo8Qsmw&s=X6dkMmpuFsA4ctk0kmlBG4_l6j_IU500dO6LKWyI9Hg&e=> 

Cheerily, Sue  Hares

---

From: "UTTARO, JAMES" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2020 16:21:49 +0000

Sue,

              Let me double check with the manager of this team..

Thanks,
              Jim Uttaro

From: Susan Hares <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 08, 2020 12:08 PM
To: UTTARO, JAMES <[email-masked]>; 'IDR List' <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: [Idr] draft-ietf-idr-bgp-flowspec-oid-11.txt - Working Group Last Call (3/30 to 4/13)

Jim:

Is this information for public consumption?   If so, can I place it on idr wiki and shepherd's report.

If not, may I forward the information to Alvaro so he can use it to pass this work through the IESG.

Thanks,  Sue Hares

From: UTTARO, JAMES [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 8, 2020 10:04 AM
To: Susan Hares; 'IDR List'
Subject: RE: [Idr] draft-ietf-idr-bgp-flowspec-oid-11.txt - Working Group Last Call (3/30 to 4/13)

Sue,

a.      Edge Blocking
b.      DDOS Diversion
c.       Traffic Rate Limiting

Thanks,
              Jim Uttaro

From: Idr <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> On Behalf Of Susan Hares
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2020 12:44 PM
To: 'IDR List' <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Subject: [Idr] draft-ietf-idr-bgp-flowspec-oid-11.txt - Working Group Last Call (3/30 to 4/13)

Cheerily, Sue  Hares

---

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2020 12:38:16 -0400

Jim:

Thank you for checking. 

Sue 

From: UTTARO, JAMES [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, April 8, 2020 12:22 PM
To: Susan Hares; 'IDR List'
Subject: RE: [Idr] draft-ietf-idr-bgp-flowspec-oid-11.txt - Working Group
Last Call (3/30 to 4/13)

Sue,

Thanks,

              Jim Uttaro

Jim:

Thanks,  Sue Hares 

Sue,

a.      Edge Blocking 

b.      DDOS Diversion

c.       Traffic Rate Limiting

Thanks,

              Jim Uttaro

Cheerily, Sue  Hares