Subject: [Idr] Last Call: <draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-msd-16.txt> (Signaling MSD (Maximum SID Depth) using Border Gateway Protocol - Link State) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2020 11:06:34 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Inter-Domain Routing WG (idr) to
consider the following document: - 'Signaling MSD (Maximum SID Depth) using
Border Gateway Protocol - Link
   State'
  <draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-msd-16.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-04-17. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a way for a Border Gateway Protocol - Link
   State (BGP-LS) speaker to advertise multiple types of supported
   Maximum SID Depths (MSDs) at node and/or link granularity.

   Such advertisements allow entities (e.g., centralized controllers) to
   determine whether a particular Segment Identifier (SID) stack can be
   supported in a given network.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-msd/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-msd/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3273/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3023/