Subject: [Idr] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-idr-capabilities-registry-change-08: (with COMMENT)

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 May 2020 05:38:51 -0700

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-idr-capabilities-registry-change-08: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-capabilities-registry-change/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Easy to read document and while looking straightforward, I believe that Ben
Kaduk and Magnus have raised a valid DISCUSS to be addressed. If section 3
content is exhaustive, then this would solve their DISCUSS probably.

Finally,
https://www.iana.org/assignments/capability-codes/capability-codes.xhtml seems
to indicate that there are still many code points available for first come,
first use. So, perhaps no need to carve out another FCFS code points block.

Regards

-éric