Subject: [Idr] Protocol Action: 'Signaling MSD (Maximum SID Depth) using Border Gateway Protocol - Link State' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-msd-18.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 10:48:32 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Signaling MSD (Maximum SID Depth) using Border Gateway Protocol - Link
   State'
  (draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-msd-18.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-msd/

Technical Summary

   This document defines a way for a Border Gateway Protocol Link-State
   (BGP-LS) speaker to advertise multiple types of supported Maximum SID
   Depths (MSDs) at node and/or link granularity.

Working Group Summary

   WG consensus was positive with indications
  that this feature was needed in BGP-LS networks.

Document Quality

   2 cisco implementations exist.  No additional vendors indicated a 
   plan to implement the IDR MSD feature.   However, there is support 
   for this feature in SR in the LSR  WG.

Personnel

  Document Shepherd: Susan Hares
  Responsible AD: Alvaro Retana