Subject: [Idr] Fwd: Last Call: <draft-ietf-pce-pcep-flowspec-09.txt> (PCEP Extension for Flow Specification) to Proposed Standard

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2020 08:03:09 -0700

FYI…

On June 22, 2020 at 4:53:57 PM, The IESG ([email-masked]) wrote:

The IESG has received a request from the Path Computation Element WG (pce)
to
consider the following document: - 'PCEP Extension for Flow Specification'
<draft-ietf-pce-pcep-flowspec-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-07-06. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

The Path Computation Element (PCE) is a functional component capable
of selecting paths through a traffic engineering network. These
paths may be supplied in response to requests for computation, or may
be unsolicited instructions issued by the PCE to network elements.
Both approaches use the PCE Communication Protocol (PCEP) to convey
the details of the computed path.

Traffic flows may be categorized and described using "Flow
Specifications". RFC XXXX defines the Flow Specification and
describes how Flow Specification Components are used to describe
traffic flows. RFC XXXX also defines how Flow Specifications may be
distributed in BGP to allow specific traffic flows to be associated
with routes.

This document specifies a set of extensions to PCEP to support
dissemination of Flow Specifications. This allows a PCE to indicate
what traffic should be placed on each path that it is aware of.

RFC Editor Note: Please replace XXXX in the Abstract with the RFC
number assigned to draft-ietf-idr-rfc5575bis when it is published.
Please remove this note.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-flowspec/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3840/

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce