Subject: [Idr] Martin Duke's No Objection on draft-ietf-idr-flow-spec-v6-17: (with COMMENT)

From: Martin Duke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 11:06:01 -0700

Martin Duke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-idr-flow-spec-v6-17: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-flow-spec-v6/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

IIUC the truth table for Type 12 (Fragment) is as follows:

          Offset = 0             Offset > 0

M = 0    NOT (FF | IsF)   (LF)

M = 1      (FF)                    ?

IsF is the two right cells in the table, but there is no way to express the
lower right cell using these semantics. If IsF meant "neither first nor last
fragment" it would be possible to express all possibilities using the bitmask
and bitmask_op. Maybe that's a use case we don't envision right now, but I
don't see any downside in being able to express it.

Otherwise, this is a great document. Thanks!