Subject: [Idr] Robert Wilton's No Objection on draft-ietf-idr-rfc8203bis-07: (with COMMENT)

From: Robert Wilton via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2020 08:01:39 -0700

Robert Wilton has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-idr-rfc8203bis-07: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-rfc8203bis/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I found this short document to be easy to read and understand, so thank you for
that.

One minor nit, which you are free to take or leave:

2.  Shutdown Communication

    0                   1                   2                   3
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   | Error Code 6  |    Subcode    |    Length     |     ...       \
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+               /
   \                                                               \
   /                 ... Shutdown Communication ...                /
   \                                                               \
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

It would be nice to link the "Error Code 6" back to its definition of "Cease". 
E.g. this could be done in the preceding paragraph 'Error Code 6 ("Cease")', by
defining the Error Code field below the packet diagram (e.g. as is done for the
Subcode field).

Regards,
Rob