Subject: [Idr] Benjamin Kaduk's Yes on draft-ietf-idr-rfc8203bis-07: (with COMMENT)

From: Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2020 15:43:06 -0700

Benjamin Kaduk has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-idr-rfc8203bis-07: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-rfc8203bis/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for this clear and well-written document.  Just a couple minor comments;
no reply necessary.

Section 4

   If a Shutdown Communication with an invalid UTF-8 sequence is
   received, a message indicating this event SHOULD be logged for the

Could we say "invalid or non-shortest-form-encoded UTF-8 sequence"?
I had started a comment on section 2 about the error handling, but then
I saw that there was already an error handling section!

Section 7.2

Some die-hards might argue that the "SHOULD include methods such as
syslog" promotes RFC 5424 to a normative reference, but I won't make a
big deal about it.