Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-zhu-idr-bgp-ls-path-mtu-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 00:05:00 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Signaling Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU) using BGP-LS
        Authors         : Yongqing Zhu
                          Zhibo Hu
                          Shuping Peng
                          Robbins Mwehaire
	Filename        : draft-zhu-idr-bgp-ls-path-mtu-05.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2020-11-17

Abstract:
   BGP Link State (BGP-LS) describes a mechanism by which link-state and
   TE information can be collected from networks and shared with
   external components using the BGP routing protocol.  The centralized
   controller (PCE/SDN) completes the service path calculation based on
   the information transmitted by the BGP-LS and delivers the result to
   the Path Computation Client (PCC) through the PCEP or BGP protocol.

   Segment Routing (SR) leverages the source routing paradigm, which can
   be directly applied to the MPLS architecture with no change on the
   forwarding plane and applied to the IPv6 architecture, with a new
   type of routing header, called SRH.  The SR uses the IGP protocol as
   the control protocol.  Compared to the MPLS tunneling technology, the
   SR does not require additional signaling.  Therefore, the SR does not
   support the negotiation of the Path MTU.  Since multiple labels or
   SRv6 SIDs are pushed in the packets, it is more likely that the
   packet size exceeds the path mtu of SR tunnel.

   This document specifies the extensions to BGP Link State (BGP-LS) to
   carry maximum transmission unit (MTU) messages of link.  The PCE/SDN
   calculates the Path MTU while completing the service path calculation
   based on the information transmitted by the BGP-LS.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhu-idr-bgp-ls-path-mtu/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhu-idr-bgp-ls-path-mtu-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-zhu-idr-bgp-ls-path-mtu-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-zhu-idr-bgp-ls-path-mtu-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/