Subject: [Idr] IANA Early allocation request for draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-flex-algo

From: "Ketan Talaulikar (ketant)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2020 15:33:56 +0000

Hello Sue/John,

While the document is progressing on the WGLC, is it possible for us to request for early allocation for the following pending TLV code-point to aid implementation?

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-flex-algo-04#section-5

    1045 (suggested) - Flex Algorithm Exclude SRLG TLV

Thanks,
Ketan

From: Van De Velde, Gunter (Nokia - BE/Antwerp) <[email-masked]>
Sent: 03 November 2020 18:36
To: Ketan Talaulikar (ketant) <[email-masked]>; Susan Hares <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Idr] IPR and WG LC for draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-flex-algo-04.txt (11/1 to 11/16)

Hi Ketan,

Thanks for the info.
Having early allocation code point will help me to progress Nokia implementation.

Kind Regards,
G/

From: Ketan Talaulikar (ketant) <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Sent: Tuesday, November 3, 2020 13:55
To: Van De Velde, Gunter (Nokia - BE/Antwerp) <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>; Susan Hares <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>; [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: [Idr] IPR and WG LC for draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-flex-algo-04.txt (11/1 to 11/16)

Hi Gunter,

You are correct that early allocation has not been yet made for the FA Exclude SRLG TLV. This was because none of the authors had (yet) got to implement it and there was no request received for it.

IMHO we should go ahead with a parallel request for early allocation if it is holding up an implementation. Do let know if we need to and if not wait for it happen at publication time.

Thanks,
Ketan

From: Idr <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> On Behalf Of Van De Velde, Gunter (Nokia - BE/Antwerp)
Sent: 03 November 2020 18:06
To: Susan Hares <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>; [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Idr] IPR and WG LC for draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-flex-algo-04.txt (11/1 to 11/16)

Hi Sue, All,

Support to progress this draft.
Please be aware that no code point is assigned yet to the Flex Algo Exclude SRLG TLV (chapter 3.5 of draft BGP-LS Extensions for Flex-Algo).

Nokia has an implementation of this draft.

G/

From: Idr <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> On Behalf Of Susan Hares
Sent: Monday, November 2, 2020 03:19
To: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
Subject: [Idr] IPR and WG LC for draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-flex-algo-04.txt (11/1 to 11/16)

This begins a 2 week WG LC for  draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-flex-algo-04.txt
(11/1 to 11/16).

The authors should send their IPR statements by Tuesday (11/3)
or this WG LC will be extended 1 extra week.

You can access the draft at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-flex-algo/

This draft is also needed to match BGP work to LSR specification
for draft-ietf-lsr-flex-algo-13.txt (at IESG).

There are 2 Cisco implementations of draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-flex-algo.
Details on the implementations are at:
https://trac.ietf.org/trac/idr/wiki/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-flex-algo%20implementations

WG members should consider in their response:

a) Are there technical issues with the flexible algorithm technology?
b) Is this draft ready for publication?
c) Will this technology aid LSR deployments?
d) Are you concerned about the 2 implementations coming
only from Cisco?

If you know of any other planned implementations, please send
Chairs this information or respond to this email to inform the WG.

Cheers, Susan Hares

---

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2020 22:53:40 -0500

Ketan: 

Yes - it is part of the adopted draft.  Thanks for letting me know I missed
this in the WG Status.  

Sue 

From: Idr [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Ketan Talaulikar
(ketant)
Sent: Tuesday, November 3, 2020 10:34 AM
To: Susan Hares; idr-chairs
Cc: [email-masked]; Van De Velde, Gunter (Nokia - BE/Antwerp)
Subject: [Idr] IANA Early allocation request for
draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-flex-algo

Hello Sue/John,

While the document is progressing on the WGLC, is it possible for us to
request for early allocation for the following pending TLV code-point to aid
implementation?

Thanks,

Ketan

From: Van De Velde, Gunter (Nokia - BE/Antwerp)
<[email-masked]> 
Sent: 03 November 2020 18:36
To: Ketan Talaulikar (ketant) <[email-masked]>; Susan Hares
<[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Idr] IPR and WG LC for draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-flex-algo-04.txt
(11/1 to 11/16)

Hi Ketan,

Thanks for the info.

Having early allocation code point will help me to progress Nokia
implementation.

Kind Regards,

G/

From: Ketan Talaulikar (ketant) <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Tuesday, November 3, 2020 13:55
To: Van De Velde, Gunter (Nokia - BE/Antwerp)
<[email-masked]>; Susan Hares <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Idr] IPR and WG LC for draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-flex-algo-04.txt
(11/1 to 11/16)

Hi Gunter,

You are correct that early allocation has not been yet made for the FA
Exclude SRLG TLV. This was because none of the authors had (yet) got to
implement it and there was no request received for it.

IMHO we should go ahead with a parallel request for early allocation if it
is holding up an implementation. Do let know if we need to and if not wait
for it happen at publication time.

Thanks,

Ketan

From: Idr <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Van De Velde, Gunter (Nokia -
BE/Antwerp)
Sent: 03 November 2020 18:06
To: Susan Hares <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Idr] IPR and WG LC for draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-flex-algo-04.txt
(11/1 to 11/16)

Hi Sue, All,

Please be aware that no code point is assigned yet to the Flex Algo Exclude
SRLG TLV (chapter 3.5 of draft BGP-LS Extensions for Flex-Algo).

G/

From: Idr <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Susan Hares
Sent: Monday, November 2, 2020 03:19
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Idr] IPR and WG LC for draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-flex-algo-04.txt
(11/1 to 11/16)

(11/1 to 11/16).   

https://trac.ietf.org/trac/idr/wiki/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-flex-algo%20implem
entations

only from Cisco? 

Cheers, Susan Hares

---

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 00:35:05 -0500

Ketan and Gunter: 

Thank you for your patience.  I found out from Amanda at IANA that the
process for adding this feature.  I have sent a note to Alvaro requesting
this early allocation. 

Cheers, Sue 

From: Idr [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Susan Hares
Sent: Sunday, November 15, 2020 10:54 PM
To: 'Ketan Talaulikar (ketant)'; 'idr-chairs'
Cc: [email-masked]; 'Van De Velde, Gunter (Nokia - BE/Antwerp)'
Subject: Re: [Idr] IANA Early allocation request for
draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-flex-algo

Ketan: 

Sue 

Hello Sue/John,

Thanks,

Ketan

Hi Ketan,

Thanks for the info.

Kind Regards,

G/

Hi Gunter,

Thanks,

Ketan

Hi Sue, All,

G/

(11/1 to 11/16).   

only from Cisco? 

Cheers, Susan Hares