Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-tunnel-encaps-22.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2021 14:57:06 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : The BGP Tunnel Encapsulation Attribute
        Authors         : Keyur Patel
                          Gunter Van de Velde
                          Srihari R. Sangli
                          John Scudder
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-tunnel-encaps-22.txt
	Pages           : 47
	Date            : 2021-01-07

Abstract:
   This document defines a BGP Path Attribute known as the "Tunnel
   Encapsulation Attribute", which can be used with BGP UPDATEs of
   various SAFIs to provide information needed to create tunnels and
   their corresponding encapsulation headers.  It provides encodings for
   a number of Tunnel Types along with procedures for choosing between
   alternate tunnels and routing packets into tunnels.

   This document obsoletes RFC 5512, which provided an earlier
   definition of the Tunnel Encapsulation Attribute.  RFC 5512 was never
   deployed in production.  Since RFC 5566 relies on RFC 5512, it is
   likewise obsoleted.  This document updates RFC 5640 by indicating
   that the Load-Balancing Block sub-TLV may be included in any Tunnel
   Encapsulation Attribute where load balancing is desired.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-tunnel-encaps/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-tunnel-encaps-22
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-idr-tunnel-encaps-22

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-tunnel-encaps-22

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/