Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-bgp-open-policy-15.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2021 08:01:26 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Route Leak Prevention using Roles in Update and Open messages
        Authors         : Alexander Azimov
                          Eugene Bogomazov
                          Randy Bush
                          Keyur Patel
                          Kotikalapudi Sriram
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-bgp-open-policy-15.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2021-01-16

Abstract:
   Route leaks are the propagation of BGP prefixes which violate
   assumptions of BGP topology relationships; e.g. passing a route
   learned from one lateral peer to another lateral peer or a transit
   provider, passing a route learned from one transit provider to
   another transit provider or a lateral peer.  Existing approaches to
   leak prevention rely on marking routes by operator configuration,
   with no check that the configuration corresponds to that of the eBGP
   neighbor, or enforcement that the two eBGP speakers agree on the
   relationship.  This document enhances BGP OPEN to establish agreement
   of the (peer, customer, provider, Route Server, Route Server client)
   relationship of two neighboring eBGP speakers to enforce appropriate
   configuration on both sides.  Propagated routes are then marked with
   an Only to Customer (OTC) attribute according to the agreed
   relationship, allowing both prevention and detection of route leaks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-open-policy/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-open-policy-15
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-open-policy-15

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-bgp-open-policy-15

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Alejandro Acosta <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 11:51:42 -0400

Hello,

   I know it's late and this draft was already asked for publication 
(congratulations). I think this is a terrific job and I can  imagine 
different scenarios.

   I wonder if there is already some working code somewhere?, probably 
some beta code for quagga, frr, etc?.

Thanks,

Alejandro,

On 16/1/21 12:01 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Idr mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr

---

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 11:10:04 -0500

Alejandro: 

Please see the implementation report on the IDR wiki at: 

https://trac.ietf.org/trac/idr/wiki/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-open-policy

You will find information regarding the bgp open policy implementations.  I'm glad to discuss these implementation reports with you.  You can query the authors of this draft or the implementer forms. 

Cheers, Sue 

-----Original Message-----
From: Idr [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Alejandro Acosta
Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2021 10:52 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-bgp-open-policy-15.txt

Hello,

   I know it's late and this draft was already asked for publication (congratulations). I think this is a terrific job and I can  imagine different scenarios.

   I wonder if there is already some working code somewhere?, probably some beta code for quagga, frr, etc?.

Thanks,

Alejandro,

---

From: Alejandro Acosta <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 12:10:11 -0400

Hello,

   So sorry, I just found this:

Thanks,

Alejandro,

---

From: Alejandro Acosta <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2021 11:45:06 -0400

Hello Susan, All,

   Thank for your reply and all for your feedback.

   I just want to comment that I did this video (sorry that it's in 
Spanish) about BGP Open Policy/BGP Roles, I did it in FRR which worked 
like a charm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0WDg4TO0ug

Thanks,

Alejandro,

---

From: Alexander Azimov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 22:12:29 +0300

Dear Alejandro,

Thank you for the demo and it is good to hear that it worked perfectly out
of the box!

вс, 24 янв. 2021 г. в 18:45, Alejandro Acosta <
[email-masked]>:

> > You will find information regarding the bgp open policy
> implementations.  I'm glad to discuss these implementation reports with
> you.  You can query the authors of this draft or the implementer forms.
> >
> > Cheers, Sue
> >

-- 
Best regards,
Alexander Azimov