Subject: [Idr] Last Call: <draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-registry-04.txt> (Updates to the Allocation Policy for the Border Gateway Protocol - Link State (BGP-LS) Parameters Registries) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2021 12:49:38 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Inter-Domain Routing WG (idr) to
consider the following document: - 'Updates to the Allocation Policy for the
Border Gateway Protocol -
   Link State (BGP-LS) Parameters Registries'
  <draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-registry-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-03-16. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   RFC 7752 defines Border Gateway Protocol - Link State (BGP-LS).  IANA
   created a registry consistent with that document called the "Border
   Gateway Protocol - Link State (BGP-LS) Parameters Registry" with a
   number of sub-registries.  The allocation policy applied by IANA for
   those registries is "Specification Required" as defined in RFC 8126.

   This document updates RFC 7752 by changing the allocation policy for
   all of the registries to "Expert Review" and by updating the guidance
   to the Designated Experts.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-registry/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.