Subject: [Idr] New idr WG co-Chairs

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2021 11:15:18 -0800

Dear idr WG:

As you know, John has been selected as a Routing AD starting next month
during IETF 110.  As a result, he will be stepping down as idr co-chair.
John: thank you for all the work and time you have dedicated to the WG — we
all look forward to working with you in your new role.  Congratulations!

BGP is arguably the most important protocol on the Internet: it pieces
together every single AS, is used by thousands of organizations, and has
been the subject of countless discussions.  It is simple and complex at the
same time.  The idr WG, as the shepherd of inter-domain routing in the
IETF, reflects the importance of BGP.  Thus, the WG needs to be chaired by
recognized experts in the field.  John has represented idr very well.

In consultation with Sue and the other ADs, we have asked Keyur Patel and
Jeff Haas to join Sue as idr Co-Chairs. Both are experienced chairs
(sidrops and bfd, respectively) and have significantly contributed to BGP
and the IETF.

I am adding Jeff and Keyur as Chairs immediately to facilitate the
transition.  The expectation is that they will fully take over for John at
IETF 110.  Welcome!

Thanks!

Alvaro.

---

From: Job Snijders <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2021 20:42:36 +0100

Dear group, dear chairs (alumni and new),

> all look forward to working with you in your new role. Congratulations!

Congratulations John, the routing community is lucky to have you as part
of the leadership.

> transition.  The expectation is that they will fully take over for John at

This is fantastic news for the IDR working group! I concur Keyur and
Jeff are industry renowed subject matter experts, both have taught me a
lot. Welcome news.

The Internet would not have existed at its current scale without the
countless contributions from Sue, John, Jeff, and Keyur. Thank you.

Kind regards,

Job

---

From: "Dongjie (Jimmy)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2021 14:30:12 +0000

Congratulations to John, thank you for all your great contribution to IDR, now it is time to take on more responsibility for the community.

Welcome Keyur and Jeff, I’ve learnt a lot from both of you, look forward to work with you in IDR.

Best regards,
Jie

From: Idr [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Alvaro Retana
Sent: Thursday, February 4, 2021 3:15 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Idr] New idr WG co-Chairs

Dear idr WG:

As you know, John has been selected as a Routing AD starting next month during IETF 110.  As a result, he will be stepping down as idr co-chair.  John: thank you for all the work and time you have dedicated to the WG — we all look forward to working with you in your new role.  Congratulations!

BGP is arguably the most important protocol on the Internet: it pieces together every single AS, is used by thousands of organizations, and has been the subject of countless discussions.  It is simple and complex at the same time.  The idr WG, as the shepherd of inter-domain routing in the IETF, reflects the importance of BGP.  Thus, the WG needs to be chaired by recognized experts in the field.  John has represented idr very well.

In consultation with Sue and the other ADs, we have asked Keyur Patel and Jeff Haas to join Sue as idr Co-Chairs. Both are experienced chairs (sidrops and bfd, respectively) and have significantly contributed to BGP and the IETF.

I am adding Jeff and Keyur as Chairs immediately to facilitate the transition.  The expectation is that they will fully take over for John at IETF 110.  Welcome!

Thanks!

Alvaro.

---

From: "UTTARO, JAMES" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2021 21:11:44 +0000

+1

Thanks,
              Jim Uttaro

From: Idr <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Dongjie (Jimmy)
Sent: Thursday, February 04, 2021 9:30 AM
To: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
Cc: Keyur Patel <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Idr] New idr WG co-Chairs

Best regards,
Jie

From: Idr [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Alvaro Retana
Sent: Thursday, February 4, 2021 3:15 AM
To: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
Subject: [Idr] New idr WG co-Chairs

Dear idr WG:

Thanks!

Alvaro.

---

From: Jeff Tantsura <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2021 13:15:19 -0800

Congrats John and thank you for all the great work you have done!
Jeff and Keyur - welcome, looking forward to continuing  working with you!

Cheers,
Jeff
On Feb 3, 2021, 11:15 AM -0800, Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>, wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Idr mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr