Subject: [Idr] Protocol Action: 'Extended Optional Parameters Length for BGP OPEN Message' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-idr-ext-opt-param-13.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2021 10:11:29 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Extended Optional Parameters Length for BGP OPEN Message'
  (draft-ietf-idr-ext-opt-param-13.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, John Scudder and Martin Vigoureux.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-ext-opt-param/

Technical Summary

   This document updates RFC 4271 by extending, in a backward-compatible
   manner, the length of the Optional Parameters in the BGP OPEN.  The
   Parameter Length field of individual Optional Parameters is also
   extended.

Working Group Summary

   The discussion in the WG was long, but with clear support.

Document Quality

   4 implementations exist in released code:  
   https://trac.ietf.org/trac/idr/wiki/draft-ietf-idr-ext-opt-param%20implementations

Personnel

   Document Shepherd: Susan Hares 
   AD: Alvaro Retana