Subject: Re: [Idr] AD Review of draft-ietf-idr-bgp-flowspec-oid-12

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2021 07:54:47 -0700

Juan:

Hi!

I am starting requesting that this document be placed on the May/20
Telechat, which means that we need the update to be completed by May/14 —
along with addressing any other reviews that might come in before then.

Thanks!!

Alvaro.

On April 30, 2021 at 3:55:55 PM, Alvaro Retana ([email-masked])
wrote:

On April 30, 2021 at 2:33:19 PM, Juan Alcaide wrote:

Juan:

Hi!

Just one point:

...
> --> I originally added AS_CONFED_SET because the
> [I-D.ietf-idr-deprecate-as-set-confed-set] is not an RFC yet. But I'll
gladly
> remove AS_CONFED_SET reference for clarity if that's ok.
> And just add a note in case it's not deprecated yet. Only concern is that
it
> was (could have been) mentioned in both sections 4.1 and 5. So I thought
> perhaps the best place to add the note would be at the end of the
> introduction. My proposal:
>
>
> Throughout this document, some references are made to
> AS_CONFED_SEQUENCE AS_PATH segments. If AS_CONFED_SET ASPATH
> segments are supported, same considerations MUST apply to them.
> Note, however, that AS_CONFED_SET segments are expected to be
> deprecated per [I-D.ietf-idr-deprecate-as-set-confed-set], and thus
> support for them will soon not be required.

Suggestion:

   Throughout this document, some references are made to AS_CONFED_SEQUENCE
   segments; see Sections 4.1 and 5.  If AS_CONFED_SET segments are also
   present in the AS_PATH, the same considerations apply to them.  Note,
   however, that the use of AS_CONFED_SET segments is not recommended
   [RFC6472].  Refer to [I-D.ietf-idr-deprecate-as-set-confed-set] as well.

Both references should be Informative.

Thanks!

Alvaro.

---

From: "Juan Alcaide (jalcaide)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 12:01:13 +0000

Submitted draft-ietf-idr-bgp-flowspec-oid-14 with all the feedback and a couple of minor editorial/nit changes after a proof read.

-J

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 5, 2021 4:55 PM
To: Juan Alcaide (jalcaide) <[email-masked]>
Cc: Susan Hares <[email-masked]>; James Uttaro <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]; IDR List <[email-masked]>; David Smith (djsmith) <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: [Idr] AD Review of draft-ietf-idr-bgp-flowspec-oid-12

Juan:

Hi!

I am starting requesting that this document be placed on the May/20 Telechat, which means that we need the update to be completed by May/14 — along with addressing any other reviews that might come in before then.

Thanks!!

Alvaro.

On April 30, 2021 at 3:55:55 PM, Alvaro Retana ([email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>) wrote:
On April 30, 2021 at 2:33:19 PM, Juan Alcaide wrote:

Juan:

Hi!

Just one point:

...
> [I-D.ietf-idr-deprecate-as-set-confed-set] is not an RFC yet. But I'll gladly
> And just add a note in case it's not deprecated yet. Only concern is that it

Suggestion:

Thanks!

Alvaro.