Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-rfc7752bis-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2021 08:52:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Distribution of Link-State and Traffic Engineering Information Using BGP
        Author          : Ketan Talaulikar
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-rfc7752bis-07.txt
	Pages           : 63
	Date            : 2021-06-21

Abstract:
   In a number of environments, a component external to a network is
   called upon to perform computations based on the network topology and
   the current state of the connections within the network, including
   Traffic Engineering (TE) information.  This is information typically
   distributed by IGP routing protocols within the network.

   This document describes a mechanism by which link-state and TE
   information can be collected from networks and shared with external
   components using the BGP routing protocol.  This is achieved using a
   new BGP Network Layer Reachability Information (NLRI) encoding
   format.  The mechanism is applicable to physical and virtual IGP
   links.  The mechanism described is subject to policy control.

   Applications of this technique include Application-Layer Traffic
   Optimization (ALTO) servers and Path Computation Elements (PCEs).

   This document obsoletes RFC 7752 by completely replacing that
   document.  It makes some small changes and clarifications to the
   previous specification.  This document also obsoletes RFC 9029 by
   incorporating the updates which it made to RFC 7752.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-rfc7752bis/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-idr-rfc7752bis-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-rfc7752bis-07

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Ketan Talaulikar (ketant)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2021 15:55:47 +0000

Hi All,

This update is to pull in the updated text related to IANA considerations and updates since posting of RFC9029.

Thanks,
Ketan

-----Original Message-----
From: Idr <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: 21 June 2021 21:23
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-rfc7752bis-07.txt

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr