Subject: [Idr] Protocol Action: 'Revised Validation Procedure for BGP Flow Specifications' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-idr-bgp-flowspec-oid-15.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 12:59:41 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Revised Validation Procedure for BGP Flow Specifications'
  (draft-ietf-idr-bgp-flowspec-oid-15.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, John Scudder and Martin Vigoureux.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-flowspec-oid/

Technical Summary

   This document describes a modification to the validation procedure
   defined for the dissemination of BGP Flow Specifications (rfc8955).

Working Group Summary

   The WG had strong approval and strong request to  "get this 
   standardized soon."

Document Quality

   5 implementations, 4 vendors see 
   https://trac.ietf.org/trac/idr/wiki/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-flowspec-oid%20implementations

Personnel

   Document Shepherd: Susan Hares 
   Responsible Area Director: Alvaro Retana