Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-deprecate-as-set-confed-set-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 08:48:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Deprecation of AS_SET and AS_CONFED_SET in BGP
        Authors         : Warren Kumari
                          Kotikalapudi Sriram
                          Lilia Hannachi
                          Jeffrey Haas
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-deprecate-as-set-confed-set-06.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2021-09-12

Abstract:
   BCP 172 (i.e., RFC 6472) recommends not using AS_SET and
   AS_CONFED_SET in the Border Gateway Protocol.  This document advances
   this recommendation to a standards requirement in BGP; it proscribes
   the use of the AS_SET and AS_CONFED_SET types of path segments in the
   AS_PATH.  This is done to simplify the design and implementation of
   BGP and to make the semantics of the originator of a route clearer.
   This will also simplify the design, implementation, and deployment of
   various BGP security mechanisms.  This document (if approved) updates
   RFC 4271 and RFC 5065 by eliminating AS_SET and AS_CONFED_SET types,
   and obsoletes RFC 6472.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-deprecate-as-set-confed-set/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-idr-deprecate-as-set-confed-set-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-deprecate-as-set-confed-set-06

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/