Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-hb-idr-sr-p2mp-policy-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2021 07:48:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Advertising p2mp policies in BGP
        Authors         : Hooman Bidgoli
                          Daniel Voyer
                          Andrew Stone
                          Rishabh Parekh
                          Serge Krier
                          Arvind Venkateswaran
	Filename        : draft-hb-idr-sr-p2mp-policy-04.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2021-10-07

Abstract:
   SR P2MP policies are set of policies that enable architecture for
   P2MP service delivery.

   A P2MP policy consists of candidate paths that connects the Root of
   the Tree to a set of Leaves.  The P2MP policy is composed of
   replication segments.  A replication segment is a forwarding
   instruction for a candidate path which is downloaded to the Root,
   transit nodes and the leaves.

   This document specifies a new BGP SAFI with a new NLRI in order to
   advertise P2MP policy from a controller to a set of nodes.

   This document introduces three new route types within this NLRI, one
   for P2MP policy and its candidate paths that need to be programmed on
   the Root node, one for the replication segment incoming SID which
   uniquely will identify the cross connect and another for each
   outgoing interface that the packets get replicated to.  The last two
   route types are forwarding instructions that needs to be programmed
   on the Root, and optionally on Transit and Leaf nodes.

   It should be noted that this document does not specify how the Root
   and the Leaves are discovered on the controller, it only describes
   how the P2MP Policy and Replication Segments are programmed from the
   controller to the nodes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hb-idr-sr-p2mp-policy/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hb-idr-sr-p2mp-policy-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hb-idr-sr-p2mp-policy-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/