Subject: [Idr] Francesca Palombini's No Objection on draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ext-com-registry-04: (with COMMENT)

From: Francesca Palombini via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 13:55:11 -0800

Francesca Palombini has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ext-com-registry-04: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/blog/handling-iesg-ballot-positions/
for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ext-com-registry/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the work on this document.

I agree with Ben that it would be good to write something about the "0x0c-0x7f 
Unassigned" range: I would suggest to split that into the 0x0c-0x3f Unassigned
and 0x40-0x7f Reserved (with a pointer to the BGP Non-Transitive Extended
Community Types registry). And then, to be thorough, it would be good to do the
same type of split in the BGP Non-Transitive Extended Community Types registry.

I understand this was not the meaning of this document (hence the non-blocking
comment), but since we are fixing things, I believe this would be an
improvement to the current registries.

Francesca