Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-bgp-open-policy-20.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 03:14:38 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Route Leak Prevention and Detection using Roles in UPDATE and OPEN Messages
        Authors         : Alexander Azimov
                          Eugene Bogomazov
                          Randy Bush
                          Keyur Patel
                          Kotikalapudi Sriram
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-bgp-open-policy-20.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2022-01-18

Abstract:
   Route leaks are the propagation of BGP prefixes that violate
   assumptions of BGP topology relationships, e.g., announcing a route
   learned from one transit provider to another transit provider or a
   lateral (i.e., non-transit) peer or announcing a route learned from
   one lateral peer to another lateral peer or a transit provider.
   These are usually the result of misconfigured or absent BGP route
   filtering or lack of coordination between autonomous systems (ASes).
   Existing approaches to leak prevention rely on marking routes by
   operator configuration, with no check that the configuration
   corresponds to that of the eBGP neighbor, or enforcement that the two
   eBGP speakers agree on the relationship.  This document enhances the
   BGP OPEN message to establish an agreement of the relationship on
   each eBGP session between autonomous systems in order to enforce
   appropriate configuration on both sides.  Propagated routes are then
   marked according to the agreed relationship, allowing both prevention
   and detection of route leaks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-open-policy/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-open-policy-20

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-bgp-open-policy-20

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts