Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-bfd-subcode-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 04:21:55 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : BGP Cease Notification Subcode For BFD
        Author          : Jeffrey Haas
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-bfd-subcode-01.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2022-02-17

Abstract:
   The Bidirectional Forwarding Detection protocol (BFD) is used to
   detect loss of connectivity between two forwarding engines, typically
   with low latency.  BFD is leveraged by routing protocols, including
   the Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), to use that detection of loss of
   connectivity to bring down the protocol connections faster than the
   native protocol timers.

   This document defines a Subcode for the BGP Cease NOTIFICATION
   message for when a BGP connection is being closed due to a BFD
   session going down.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bfd-subcode/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-idr-bfd-subcode-01.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-bfd-subcode-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts

---

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 07:28:26 -0500

In a grimly hilarious set of circumstances, I was made aware that Bruno
Rijsman had written mostly the same draft as mine.

I've recognized Bruno's prior contribution in this minor update.
Juniper did not implement Bruno's draft at that time.

-- Jeff

On Thu, Feb 17, 2022 at 04:21:55AM -0800, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Idr mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr