Subject: Re: [Idr] draft-xie-idr-bgpls-sr-vtn-mt-03.txt - Call for WG adoption: 12/18/2021 to 1/7/2022 - Draft adopted

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2022 07:06:07 -0500

WG group consensus has been reached on draft-xie-idr-bgpls-sr-vtn-mt-03.txt.

The authors should submit this draft as
draft-ietf-idr-bgpls-sr-vtn-mt-00.txt 

The draft has been adopted as an information draft.   

I've included a summary of the responses to the 2 consensus call questions. 

Summary comments on consensus call

(https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/idr/GdQyiDN8OL0qR_j4uiHF7MKSzgU/)

============

A few summary comments on the consensus in the WG: 

Q1:  Does this informational draft aid operation of 5G networks for new
applications?

WG has consensus this is a useful information description. 

It is useful for 5G networks. 

The draft is useful even in scenarios were MT-ID 

among multiple domains cannot be expected (section 2.2).

Q2: Should IDR recommend the global VTN-ID?

IDR does not need to require a global VTN-ID to be defined for this
document. 

IDR should monitor TEAS, MPLS, and SPRINGs work on the following the

need for global identifiers for 5G slices.    

This work includes:  (but may not be limited to) 

1) MPLS Definition of ADI 

The  MPLS DT is discussing requirements in:

draft-bocci-mpls-miad-adi-requirements-01.txt) 

2) Definition of TEAS Slide ID and application to BGP 

TEAS WG  does not have a protocol specification for a 

Global ID that can be easily mapped to an MT-ID 

among multiple domains. 

TEAS does have  Network Slice framework in
draft-ietf-teas-ietf-network-slices-05.txt. 

This document: 

a) defines a slice service (section 3.2) as a 

set of CEs and a connection matrix.  

b) identifies the term network slice endpoints (NSE)

as an connection endpoint for ingress and egress (section 4.2).

---

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2022 07:18:01 -0500

Small correction for text below 

old/   2) Definition of TEAS Slide ID and application to BGP/

New/2) Definition of TEAS Slice ID and application to BGP/

Sue 

From: Idr [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Susan Hares
Sent: Friday, February 4, 2022 7:06 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; 'TEAS WG Chairs';
[email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Idr] draft-xie-idr-bgpls-sr-vtn-mt-03.txt - Call for WG
adoption: 12/18/2021 to 1/7/2022 - Draft adopted

 

============

among multiple domains. 

This document: