Subject: [Idr] Candidate minutes for IDR interim 24 January, 2022

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2022 16:57:39 -0500

Working Group,

With apologies for the tardiness, the IDR minutes for our 24 January interim [1]
have been written up.  We had a delay due to technical issues in getting the
youtube video (available on the session page [2]) that kept me from starting
the work earlier.

Please note that there seems to be a difference in the Markdown support for
the tools.  If you find the minutes difficult to read on the official
minutes site, consider reviewing them in the notes link from the interim
page.  Same source, different rendering.  (Time for a trouble ticket...)

Much like "intent" was a good portion of our discussion for the interim,
I've tried my best to distill the intent of the discussion into the minutes.
Please review the contents and send corrections to this thread.  

There are multiple action items that we can now begin working on now that we
have the minutes:

1. The Chairs will be initiating several threads on particular points of
discussion for BGP CAR and CT from the interim discussion.  It was clear
during the interim that there are differences in desired operation, route
resolution, and originating routers for the features.  

The expectation of these targeted threads isn't to specifically conclude on
one behavior being better than the others.  Instead, it's to try to arrive
at a common understanding of how each proposal is intended to be operated
and how it interacts with existing and proposed BGP machinery.  

2. We have reached a point for BGP autoconfiguration where we should be
discussing our adoption strategy for one or more of the proposals.  However,
we received a last minute request to consider a further proposal and we're
giving it until the end of week to appear.

3. BGP flowspec v2 has progressed to the point where the authors would like
to have the work adopted into the Working Group.  We'll likely initiate the
adoption call later this week.  Meanwhile, your review of the current text
would be appreciated.

-- Jeff (for the Chairs)

[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/interim-2022-idr-02/materials/minutes-interim-2022-idr-02-202201241000-00
[2] https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/interim-2022-idr-02/session/idr