Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ymbk-idr-l3nd-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 13:12:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Layer-3 Neighbor Discovery
        Authors         : Randy Bush
                          Russ Housley
                          Rob Austein
                          Susan Hares
                          Keyur Patel
	Filename        : draft-ymbk-idr-l3nd-03.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2022-03-21

Abstract:
   Data Centers where the topology is BGP-based need to discover
   neighbor IP addressing, IP Layer-3 BGP neighbors, etc.  This Layer-3
   Neighbor Discovery protocol identifies BGP neighbor candidates.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ymbk-idr-l3nd/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ymbk-idr-l3nd-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ymbk-idr-l3nd-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 13:26:25 -0700

sorry, jeff.  the term 'encapsulations' is still used but may change to
'afi' or 'addresses'.  off-list discussion with robert has shed some
light on the confusion

    > Encapsulation to me really means how the packet is wrapped before
    > being sent out from the box. Maybe we have different meanings for
    > it here ...

    or it is the choice of which in which protocol, i.e. ipv4 or ipv6,
    it is wrapped before being whacked onto an interface to be
    encapsulated in that interface's layer 1/2 transport's wrapping.

    and hence the confusion

randy