Subject: [Idr] WG Adoption calls for March-april

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 10:56:22 -0500

Greetings IDR people: 

We are running 4 WG adoption calls and 2 list discussion 

from 3/10 to 3/25.   After IETF, we will run adoption calls on 

BGP auto-configuration and CAR/CT during 

March and April.  

The 4 WG adoptions are: 

1) draft-hares-idr-flowspec-v2-05.txt

      Flow specification v2  (Keyur Patel Shepherd) 

2) draft-wang-idr-bgp-ifit-capabilities-04.txt 

    IFIT Tail to Head end additions (egress to ingress signaling) 

    (Susan Hares Shepherd) 

3) draft-hb-idr-sr-p2mp-policy-04.txt 

     Advertising P2MP policy for SR 

   (Susan Hares Shepherd)      

4) draft-sas-idr-maxprefix-inbound-04

     Inbound Prefix limit additions to RFC4271 

     (Susan Hares Shepherd) 

Two list discussions are: 

1) BGP Auto-configuration proposals for DC  (Jeff Haas Shepherd) 

 We are discussing the pros/cons of the following

two  Layer-3 BGP auto-configuration proposals:

a) L3DN +L3DN-ulpc      

     (based on secure, reliable transport) 

 b) draft-minto-idr-bgp-autodiscovery 

     ("shout in the dark" -unreliable transport) 

The pros/cons of the L2  proposals (L3DL and LLDP) 

have been discussed in IETF 112 and interims.  

2) We are discussing the CAR/CT proposals (Susan Hares Shepherd) 

Using 2 questions posted by Jeff Haas. 

Question 1: BGP routes with color, How does route resolution work with your
feature?

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/idr/OaNnE5epcaK7GtcV8OlAVdD3ZbI/

Question 2: BGP routes with color, Question 2: Route origination and
propagation

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/idr/4MYIFyHWITj8-Kk38AmKlkhh5b8/