Subject: ANNOUNCE: ISOC Netw. & Distr. Sys. Security Symp. (NDSS'02)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 11:23:24 -0500 (EST)

R E G I S T E R   N O W ! !

THE INTERNET SOCIETY'S
2002 NETWORK AND DISTRIBUTED SYSTEM SECURITY SYMPOSIUM (NDSS'02)
February 7-8, 2002
Catamaran Resort Hotel, San Diego, California

General Chair:   Cliff Neuman, USC Information Sciences Institute
Program Chairs:  Paul Van Oorschot, Entrust
                 Virgil Gligor, University of Maryland

ONLINE INFORMATION AND REGISTRATION:  http://www.isoc.org/ndss02

EARLY REGISTRATION DISCOUNT DEADLINE:  January 11, 2002

The 9th annual NDSS Symposium brings together researchers, implementers, and
users of network and distributed system security technologies to discuss
today's important security issues and challenges. The Symposium provides a
mix of technical papers and panel presentations that describe promising new
approaches to security problems that are practical and, to the extent
possible, have been implemented. NDSS fosters the exchange of technical
information and encourages the Internet community to deploy available
security technologies and develop new solutions to unsolved problems.

THIS YEAR'S TOPICS INCLUDE:
* Wireless Security
* Analyzing the Anonymity of Anonymous Networking Protocols
* Intrusion Detection and Defending Against Network Attacks
* Detecting Steganographic Content on the Web
* Server-Aided Digital Signatures
* PKI, Certificates and Privilege Management
* Various Aspects of Transport Layer Security/TLS

PRE-CONFERENCE TECHNICAL TUTORIALS:
* Major IETF Security Standards:  PKIX, IPsec, SSL/TLS, Dr. Stephen Kent
* Crash Course in SSL and TLS, Mr. Eric Rescorla
* Building Secure Software, Dr. Gary McGraw
* Wirelss LAN Security:  Problems & Solutions, Dr. William Arbaugh
* Group Security, Dr. Thomas Harjono and Mr. Hugh Harney

For further information about NDSS'02 REGISTRATION contact Michele Estadt
at the Internet Society at +1-703-326-9880 ext 104 or send e-mail to
[email-masked]

SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE!
Take advantage of this high visibility event.  Contact Martin Kupres at the
Internet Society EMEA office at +41 22 807 1444 or send e-mail to
[email-masked].

THE INTERNET SOCIETY is a non-governmental organization for global
cooperation and coordination for the Internet and its internetworking
technologies and applications.