Subject: Virus alert exchange format(VAEF)?

From: "Darjoan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 14:05:50 +0800

Hello,

We are discussing about IDMEF,IODEF and so on.
Does someone know about an standard format about virus alert for antivirus
software ?
I refer it as Virus Alert Exchange Format, VAEF .:-))

I think that VAEF can be an standard extended part of IDMEF, and that VAEF
can locate in AdditioalData element and used by some virus-scannig software
in an security management system including IDS,firewall,antivirus,VPN,etc.
The background of this idea is about security management.

Cheers

Darjoan

---

From: Stuart Staniford <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 09:49:11 -0800

At the meeting in a couple of weeks, we planned to basically consider 
whether the working group should take on any other tasks or not.  Our 
initial documents are all either in or finished WG last call and will go 
to the IESG very soon (finally!).  So the WG can either hang around in a 
semi-zombie state just in order to revise those documents as needed by 
the IESG and shepherd them through the standards track, or we could 
attempt other work (like producing a v2 document set, standardizing 
IODEF, standardizing vulnerability alerts, or your virus alert idea).  
Anything like that would require a new charter and at least some new 
people willing to do the hard work.

Comments on these issues are welcome.

Stuart.