Subject: Direction

From: Mike Erlinger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 09:27:17 -0800

Hi All

1.  Herve Debar, one of the past editors of IDMEF, has agreed to
    edit the IDMEF document to the bitter end...

2.  His first action will be to post the updated IDMEF (change to
    schemas) as an ID.

3.  He will then start posting email messages each devoted to a
    single possible change.  This is where people really need to act.
    Some of these proposed changes are simple issues that became
    evident during the conversion process or someone's implementation
    experience.  Other changes need more discussion/analysis, so
    please get involved.

4.  Obviously, anyone else is free to post suggested changes, but 
    please keep each mail message to a single change.

mike

ps.  i will be gone for two+ weeks, the first week of which i will
have no email.

-- 
Mike Erlinger, Professor and Chair Computer Science
www:      http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~mike
email:    [email-masked]
smail:    Computer Science Dept., Harvey Mudd College,
          301 E. 12th Street, Claremont, CA, 91711 
          909-621-8912,   FAX: 909-607-8364