Subject: [[email-masked]: BOUNCE [email-masked]: Non-member submission from [[email-masked]]]

From: Mike Erlinger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 08:48:16 -0700

-- 
Mike Erlinger, Professor and Chair Computer Science
www:      http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~mike
email:    [email-masked]
smail:    Computer Science Dept., Harvey Mudd College,
          301 E. 12th Street, Claremont, CA, 91711 
          909-621-8912,   FAX: 909-607-8364

Subject: BOUNCE [email-masked]: Non-member submission from [[email-masked]]
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 12:53:36 -0700

>From idwg-l-manager Mon Jul 19 12:53:35 2004
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-idwg-idmef-xml-12.txt
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:53:18 -0400
Sender: [email-masked]

--NextPart

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Intrusion Detection Exchange Format Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The Intrusion Detection Message Exchange Format
	Author(s)	: D. Curry, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-idwg-idmef-xml-12.txt
	Pages		: 167
	Date		: 2004-7-19
	
The purpose of the Intrusion Detection Message Exchange Format
(IDMEF) is to define data formats and exchange procedures for sharing
information of interest to intrusion detection and response systems,
and to the management systems which may need to interact with them.
This Internet-Draft describes a data model to represent information
exported by intrusion detection systems, and explains the rationale
for using this model.  An implementation of the data model in the
Extensible Markup Language (XML) is presented, an XML Document Type
Definition is developed, and examples are provided.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idwg-idmef-xml-12.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-idwg-idmef-xml-12.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idwg-idmef-xml-12.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

--NextPart
Content-Type: Multipart/Alternative; Boundary="OtherAccess"

--OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
	access-type="mail-server";
	server="[email-masked]"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idwg-idmef-xml-12.txt

--OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
	name="draft-ietf-idwg-idmef-xml-12.txt";
	site="ftp.ietf.org";
	access-type="anon-ftp";
	directory="internet-drafts"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

--OtherAccess--

--NextPart--