Subject: ATOU [_Pointing to

From: Degelbeck Montezuma <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 01:39:56 +0200

to? CHANTECLER Hens. FIRST CHICKEN [_Without smiling._] Have you
nothing to communicate with regard to your song? CHANTECLER I just sing.
SECOND CHICKEN And when you sing--? CHANTECLER The heavens hear me.
THIRD CHICKEN Have you a special method? CHANTECLER I-- FIRST CHICKEN
You live-- CHANTECLER To sing! SECOND CHICKEN And your song--?
CHANTECLER Is my life! THIRD CHICKEN But how do you sing? CHANTECLER I
take pains. FIRST CHICKEN But do you scan [_Beating furiously with his
wing._] one-one-two One-three? Three-one? Or four? What is your dynamic
theory? THE BLACKBIRD [_Shouting._] Who has not his little pet dynamic
theory? CHANTECLER Dyna--? SECOND CHICKEN Where do you place the accent?
On the Cock--? THIRD CHICKEN On the Doo? CHANTECLER On the-- FIRST
CHICKEN [_Impatiently._] What is your school? CHANTECLER Schools of
Cocks? SECOND CHICKEN [_Rapidly._] Certainly. Some sing
Cock-a-doodle-doo, and some Keek-a-deedle-dee! CHANTECLER Cock--?
Keek--? THIRD CHICKEN Not to speak of those who-- A COCK [_Coming
forward._] The correct and proper way to crow is Cowkerdowdledow!
CHANTECLER What Cock is that? FIRST CHICKEN An Anglo-Indian. SECOND
CHICKEN And the Turk over there, whose comb suggests a cyst, crows
Coocooroocoocoo! THIRD CHICKEN [_Shouting in his ear._] Do you not upon
occasions vary your Cockadoodledoo with Cackadaddledaa? ANOTHER COCK
[_Springing up at the right._] I, for one, entirely suppress the vowels:
C-ck-d-dl-d! CHANTECLER [_Trying to get away._] Is it a Welsh Rabbit
dream? ANOTHER COCK [_Springing up at the left._] O-a-oo-e-oo! Have you
ever tried suppressing the consonants? ANOTHER COCK [_Pushing aside all
the others._] I mix the whole thing up--Cuck-o-deedle-daa!--in a free
and supple song! CHANTECLER My brain reels! ALL THE COCKS [_Gathered
about him, fighting._] No! Cuckodee--No, Cackadaa--No, Coocooroo-- THE
COCK [_Who mixes all up._] The free Cockadoodle! The free crow is
obligatory! CHANTECLER Pray, w