Subject: [ieee-ietf-coord] proposed agenda for the 10/29 IEEE 802 - IETF coordination virtual meeting

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 11:14:13 +0200

Please find below a proposed agenda for the 10/29 virtual meeting. 

Bashing is welcome. 

Regards,

Dan

1. Roll Call, Agenda Bashing, Minutes Approval

The minutes of the 9/5 virtual meeting are available at
http://www.ietf.org/iesg/ieee/minutes-2012-09-05.txt.

2. Review of Other Action Items from Previous Meetings (not part of the
shared items list)

Current list of AIs: 

>From the 7/25 f2f meeting: 

  - Spencer Dawkins, Eric Gray, Dan Romascanu, Dorothy Stanley and Pat 
Thaler agreed to work on an update to RFC 4441.

  - The IEEE 802 agreed to review and update the people they currently 
have subscribed to the new-work mailing list, and to send PARs to new-
work.

  - The IEEE 802 agreed to add a page to their website listing their 
current liaison relationships.

  - The IEEE 802 will look at removing mailing list restrictions that 
prevent IETF participants from contributing to IEEE 802 work.

  - The IESG agreed to draft an IESG Statement regarding Ethertype 
Requests. 

  - The IAB and IESG will suggest a process for providing feedback to 
the IEEE RAC on Virtualization and OUI Tiers.

>From the 9/5 virtual meeting:

 - Spencer Dawkins to create a new mail list for IEEE and IETF general 
coordination discussion.

- Dan Romascanu to initiate a Doodle poll for the date of the next 
telechat. Done, the next telechat will take place on Monday October 29, 
between 2PM and 4PM EDT.

3. RFC 4441bis - status report presented by Spencer

4. Areas of shared interest between the IETF and IEEE 802.  Review of 
the list of items, status and action items - discussion led by Pat and
Dan

The updated Potential Areas for IETF/IEEE802 Coordination
document will be forwarded before the call. 

5. Action Items recap

6. Next virtual meeting possible dates

---

From: Spencer Dawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 11:12:32 -0500

> Please find below a proposed agenda for the 10/29 virtual meeting.

Just to catch everyone up on my action items ...

> Thaler agreed to work on an update to RFC 4441.

This turned into a larger drafting team than previously advertised - the 
group also includes Ross Callon (IAB liaison shepherd for IEEE 802.1 and 
IEEE SA), and Subir Das and Roger Marks on the IEEE 802 side. We're 
typing (see below).

>   - Spencer Dawkins to create a new mail list for IEEE and IETF general

Done (you're reading this e-mail from the list now). Admins are Dan and 
Ross.

> 3. RFC 4441bis - status report presented by Spencer

I'm happy to answer questions on the call, but just so no one is 
surprised at where we are ...

The drafting team has met several times (virtually), come up with an 
outline and a -00 draft (links are at 
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/i-d-announce/current/msg47303.html).

Much of the text in -00 is either stolen from RFC 4441 or RFC 6756 
(which provides a similar description for the ITU-T/IETF relationship). 
Since we had more cut-and-pasteable text describing the way the IETF 
works, there's more text in the -00 draft on the IETF than on IEEE 802, 
and the IEEE participants are typing to fix that.

Eric Gray has done a careful read of the slam-dunked text in -00 and 
provided several pages of comments, so if you haven't looked at -00 in 
detail, I'd suggest looking at the outline of -00 and waiting for -01. 
We will have one more drafting team meeting (on Wednesday), and we 
should be able to submit -01 early in the week of IETF 85.

Thanks,

Spencer

---

From: Ross Callon <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 00:16:38 +0000

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning and expect to be back in time for the call tomorrow. If the appointment runs late then it is possible that I might be late for the call. 

Of course, the east coast of the USA is going to be hit by a hurricane tomorrow, and my calling in depends upon having electric power. Other folks, particularly those from anywhere between Washington DC and New York, are more likely than I to have trouble due to the hurricane. 

Ross

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Romascanu, Dan (Dan)
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2012 5:14 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [ieee-ietf-coord] proposed agenda for the 10/29 IEEE 802 - IETF coordination virtual meeting

Bashing is welcome. 

Regards,

Dan

5. Action Items recap

_______________________________________________
ieee-ietf-coord mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieee-ietf-coord