Subject: [ieee-ietf-coord] FW: [OPSAWG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsawg-rfc5066bis-00.txt

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 13:12:51 +0000

The I-D announced below includes the Interface Stack Capability MIB Definitions, which are planned to continue to be maintained by the IETF, as per point 7 in http://www.ietf.org/iesg/ieee/20121217/coordination-04.txt. Based on this I-D I plan to enter Sponsor Ballot comment asking for the separation of this part of the MIB module from IEEE 802.3.1. Please forward this document for comments to the members of the IEEE 802.3.1 Task Force. Comments may be sent to the OPSAWG mail list [email-masked], or directly to Ed Beili, the document editor. 

Thanks and Regards,

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2013 2:17 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [OPSAWG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsawg-rfc5066bis-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Operations and Management Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Interface Stack Capability MIB
	Author(s)       : Edward Beili
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsawg-rfc5066bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2012-12-25

Abstract:
   This document defines Management Information Base (MIB) module for
   use with network management protocols in TCP/IP-based internets.
   This document defines a set of objects, describing cross-connect
   capability of a managed device with multi-layer (stacked) interfaces,
   extending the stack management objects in the Interfaces Group MIB
   and the Inverted Stack Table MIB modules.  This document obsoletes
   RFC 5066.  It amends that specification by moving the entire EFM-CU-
   MIB module along with the relevant descriptive text, to a separate
   document, maintained by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics
   Engineers (IEEE) 802.3.1 working group.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-rfc5066bis

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsawg-rfc5066bis-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
OPSAWG mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/opsawg