Subject: [ieee-ietf-coord] Draft minutes of the 2013-03-16 IEEE 802 - IETF Meeting

From: Cindy Morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 09:49:15 -0700

All,

Attached please find the draft minutes from the coordination meeting held last month in Orlando.  Please let me know if you have any changes/corrections/additions.

Best regards,
Cindy

Cindy Morgan / Project Manager / IETF
48377 Fremont Blvd., Suite 117 / Fremont CA 94358
T: +1.510.492.4085 / F: +1.510.492.4001 / http://www.ietf.org
----------
Managed by Association Management Solutions (AMS);
Forum Management, Meeting and Event Planning
Website: http://www.amsl.com

---

From: Spencer Dawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2013 16:02:13 -0500

On 4/5/2013 11:49 AM, Cindy Morgan wrote:
>    The target audience for the document is IEEE 802 participants and IETF
>    participants who are proposing new work in one of the organizations
>    that may overlap or conflict with work going on in the other and need
>    guidance how to proceed.

I would like to add "This requires a resource that's accessible for 
people who will never attend a meeting in the other organization." 
That's where the drafting team ended up, and this was the biggest issue 
raised during IAB review, so I'd like to capture it here.

Thanks,

Spencer

---

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 09:40:11 +0000

Hi,

Thanks, Cindy and Jon, for being taking notes and consolidating them in the draft minutes.

My suggested editorial updates:

1.       OLD:

  The group discussed ways to improve communications, including use of
  the [email-masked] mailing list and finding the right balance
  between formal and informal communications.  Both groups need to find
  ways to draw attention to the communication when trying to raise the
  priority of time-sensitive items.

NEW:

  The participants discussed ways to improve communications, including use of
  the [email-masked] mailing list and finding the right balance
  between formal and informal communications.  Both organizations need to find
  ways to draw attention to urgent communications and try to raise the
  priority of time-sensitive items.

2.       OLD:

  Dan Romascanu wondered whether a tutorial by the IETF at the IEEE 802
  plenary would be useful, similar to the IEEE 802.1Q tutorial
  [http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/86/slides/slides-86-edu-
  ieee802-2.pdf] at IETF 86; the group agreed this would be a good idea.

  The group discussed future collaboration, agreeing that the virtual
  meetings would continue.  The group discussed timing and opportunities
  for future face-to-face meetings, but no decision was made.

NEW:

  Dan Romascanu wondered whether a tutorial by the IETF at the IEEE 802
  plenary would be useful, similar to the IEEE 802.1Q tutorial
  [http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/86/slides/slides-86-edu-
  ieee802-2.pdf] at IETF 86; the group agreed this would be a good idea.
  Exact timing and content (process vs. technical) will be discussed in the
  coordination meetings.

  The group discussed future collaboration, agreeing that the virtual
  meetings would continue.  The group discussed timing and opportunities
  for future face-to-face meetings, but no decision was made. Discussions
  will continue off-line.

3.       Add to Action Items after the first paragraph:

  The coordination team will discuss scheduling the next face-to-face meeting,
  desirably during 2014.

Regards,

Dan

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Cindy Morgan
Sent: Friday, April 05, 2013 7:49 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [ieee-ietf-coord] Draft minutes of the 2013-03-16 IEEE 802 - IETF Meeting

All,

Best regards,
Cindy

_______________________________________________
ieee-ietf-coord mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieee-ietf-coord

---

From: "Jon Rosdahl" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 05:49:49 -0600

Cindy you have the pen, 
the changes seem reasonable to me.
Thanks to Cindy for doing the heavy lifting on the consolidation.
Jon
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Romascanu, Dan (Dan) 
  To: Cindy Morgan ; [email-masked] 
  Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2013 3:40 AM
  Subject: Re: [ieee-ietf-coord] Draft minutes of the 2013-03-16 IEEE 802 - IETF Meeting

  Hi,

  1.       OLD: 

  NEW: 

  2.       OLD: 

  NEW: 

    coordination meetings. 

    will continue off-line. 

    desirably during 2014. 

  Regards,

  Dan

  All,

  Best regards,
  Cindy

  [email-masked]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  [email-masked]

---

From: Cindy Morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 11:22:29 -0700

All,

Version 2 of the draft minutes is attached, incorporating changes from Spencer and Dan.

Best regards,
Cindy