Subject: [ieee-ietf-coord] IEEE 802 OmniRAN PAR/Scope - Request for Feedback

From: "Zuniga, Juan Carlos" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 14:19:57 -0400

Dear IESG members,

The IEEE 802 EC OmniRAN Study Group has submitted a Project
Authorization Request (PAR) and five criteria (5C) for consideration at
the upcoming IEEE 802 Plenary (Nov 10-15, Dallas, TX, USA), with the
proposal to create a new IEEE standards project on "Network Reference
Model and Functional Description of IEEE 802 Access Network."

The proposed Scope is the following:

"This recommended practice specifies an access network utilizing
technologies based on the family of IEEE 802 Standards. It provides a
Network Reference Model, including entities and reference points along
with behavioral and functional descriptions of communications among
those entities."

We believe that IETF would be one of the potential parties interested in
this specification, so any feedback the IESG members might provide until
November 9 would be highly valuable for correctly scoping the project.

Note that a presentation about the OmniRAN PAR is planned at the IETF
Int-area WG meeting in Vancouver.

The full proposed PAR/5C can be found at:
https://mentor.ieee.org/omniran/dcn/13/omniran-13-0086-00-ecsg-proposed-
par-and-5c.docx

Please direct any comments/questions you might have to Max Riegel
[email-masked] (OmniRAN SG chair) and Juan Carlos Zuniga
[email-masked] (OmniRAN SG vice-chair).

We thank you in advance for your consideration.

Best regards,

Juan Carlos Zuniga and Max Riegel