Subject: [ieee-ietf-coord] Possible draft to establish IANA Considerations for 802.1 CFM Code Point allocated to the IETF

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 12:58:32 -0500

Hi,

As mentioned on the call today, here is the unposted draft I put
together to establish the IANA Considerations assuming the IEEE 802.1
WG proceeds to allocate blocks of CFM Op-Codes and TLV Types to the
IETF. It's a very simple draft but any suggestions are welcome. I
intent to post this after and 802.1 Liaison to the IETF stating the
allocation of blocks to the IETF is public.

Thanks,
Donald

PS: FYI these Op-Code and TLV Type code point spaces have 256 values.
Current individual values in use by 802.1 fit in the first 32 values.
802.1 has allocated by block of Op-Codes and TLV Types from 32 through
63 to the ITU. The current proposal being considered is to allocate 64
through 95 to the IETF. Viewing the code space as 8 blocks of 32
values, this would leave 5 such blocks that would be available for
802.1 use or which 802.1 could conceivable allocate to yet other
organizations should it chose to do so.
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]