Subject: [ieee-ietf-coord] preliminary agenda for the 1/27 virtual meeting of the IETF and IEEE 802 leadership teams

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 13:40:38 +0000

Hi,

Please find attached the preliminary agenda of the next virtual meeting of the IETF and IEEE 802 leadership teams.

Comments and questions are welcome.

Cindy, please post this at http://www.iab.org/activities/joint-activities/iab-ieee-coordination/.

Thanks and Regards,

Dan

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 13:11:08 +0100

Dear all,

I had this action item

    22. CAPWAP extensions in OPSAWG

    22.1. Description

    22.2. Relevant Documents
    -https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-capwap-hybridmac/
    -https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-capwap-extension/

    22.3. Owners: Benoit Claise and Dorothy Stanley

    22.4. Action Items
    - Benoit to fill in the DESCRIPTION
    - Benoit to ensure that OPSAWG chairs send documents at Last Call to IEEE 802.11
    - Dorothy Stanley to channel requests for reviews and responses between the OPSAWG and IEEE 802.11

The new description can be composed of the two abstracts. Not sure what 
else would be useful at this point in time.

          CAPWAP Extension for 802.11n and Power/channel Reconfiguration
                      draft-ietf-opsawg-capwap-extension-01

    Abstract

        CAPWAP binding for 802.11 is specified by RFC5416 and it was based on
        IEEE 802-11.2007 standard.  After RFC5416 was published in 2009,
        there was several new amendment of 802.11 has been published.
        802.11n is one of those amendment and it has been widely used in real
        deployment.  This document extends the CAPWAP binding for 802.11 to
        support 802.11n and also defines a power and channel auto
        configuration extension.

                        IEEE 802.11 MAC Profile for CAPWAP
                      draft-ietf-opsawg-capwap-hybridmac-01

    Abstract

        The CAPWAP protocol defines two modes of operation for IEEE 802.11
        WTPs: Split and Local MAC (medium access control), as described in
        [RFC5415],[RFC5416].  Specifically, [RFC5416] describes in detail the
        division of labor between WTP and AC in the Split and Local MAC
        modes.  Unfortunately, there are many functions that have not yet
        been clearly defined whether they belong to the WTP or the AC.  For
        example IEEE 802.11 encryption is specified as located in either in
        the AC or the WTP with no clear way to negotiate where it should be
        located.  This lack of specification leads to interoperability
        between AC and WTP when AC and WTP come from different vendors.  To
        solve this problem, this specification defines the concept of IEEE
        802.11 MAC profile where each profile refers to a table containing an
        unambigous division of labor between WTP and AC.  The profile is used
        as follows: the WTP informs the AC of the supported profiles and the
        AC selects the profile when it configures the WTP.

Regards and sorry for the delay, Benoit
>
> Hi,
>
> Please find attached the preliminary agenda of the next virtual 
> meeting of the IETF and IEEE 802 leadership teams.
>
> Cindy, please post this at 
> http://www.iab.org/activities/joint-activities/iab-ieee-coordination/.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Dan
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> ieee-ietf-coord mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieee-ietf-coord