Subject: [ieee-ietf-coord] New Liaison Statement, "Alternate Tunnel Encapsulation for Data Frames in CAPWAP."

From: Liaison Statement Management Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 09:50:47 -0700

Title: Alternate Tunnel Encapsulation for Data Frames in CAPWAP.
Submission Date: 2014-03-18
URL of the IETF Web page: http://datatracker.ietf.org/liaison/1312/
Please reply by 2014-04-11
From: Operations and Management Area (Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>)
To: IEEE 802.11 ([email-masked])
Cc: [email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked]
Response Contact: [email-masked]
Technical Contact: [email-masked]
Purpose: For action

Body: The charter of the IETF Operations Area Working Group (OPSAWG)
http://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/opsawg/charter/ covers new work as well
as work that once belonged in IETF Operations Area WGs that have
concluded.

One of these Working Groups is Control And Provisioning of
Wireless Access Points (CAPWAP) Working Group that developed the CAPWAP
protocol with advice and reviews from IEEE 802.11. At the OPSAWG meeting
held in London on 3/4/2014 a proposal for an '"Alternate Tunnel
Encapsulation for Data Frames in CAPWAP'"
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-zhang-opsawg-capwap-cds-02.txt was
submitted for consideration as a new OPSAWG work item.

The WG agreed
that there is interest in proceeding with this work, but before
approving it as WG item would like feedback on whether IEEE
802.11 sees any architectural or technical problems with the approach
proposed by this work.

We would be grateful if you can review this work-in-progress document
and let us know if you detect any potential problems. If possible we would
like to receive your response before April 11, 2014.

We appreciate your continuous support and expert advice for the work
done in the IETF.

Yours,

Melinda Shore, Scott Bradner, Warren Kumari.
Attachments:

No document has been attached