Subject: [ieee-ietf-coord] Fwd: Second Last Call: <draft-ietf-paws-protocol-14.txt> (Protocol to Access White-Space (PAWS) Databases) to Proposed Standard

From: Pete Resnick <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2014 00:13:19 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Second Last Call: (Protocol to Access White-Space (PAWS) 
Databases) to Proposed Standard
Date: 	Wed, 6 Aug 2014 14:09:32 -0700
From: 	The IESG <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: 	<[email-masked]>
To: 	IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
CC: 	<[email-masked]>

The IESG has received a request from the Protocol to Access WS database
WG (paws) to consider the following document:
- 'Protocol to Access White-Space (PAWS) Databases'
   <draft-ietf-paws-protocol-14.txt>  as Proposed Standard

A prior Last Call was made for version -12 of this document. Comments
received during that discussion lead to extensive edits to the document,
which could benefit from a second review.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-08-20. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

    Portions of the radio spectrum that are allocated to licensees are
    available for non-interfering use.  This available spectrum is called
    "White Space."  Allowing secondary users access to available spectrum
    "unlocks" existing spectrum to maximize its utilization and to
    provide opportunities for innovation, resulting in greater overall
    spectrum utilization.

    One approach to managing spectrum sharing uses databases to report
    spectrum availability to devices.  To achieve interoperability among
    multiple devices and databases, a standardized protocol must be
    defined and implemented.  This document defines such a protocol, the
    "Protocol to Access White Space (PAWS) Databases".

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-paws-protocol/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-paws-protocol/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

    http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2203/
    http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2340/
    http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2239/