Subject: [ieee-ietf-coord] Proposed re-charter of the NVO3 working group

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 13:30:27 +0100

Hi,

I want to give you an early heads-up that the NVO3 working group is
re-chartering.

This will show up in our f2f on Monday, but you might want to look in advance.

The new *draft* charter is at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-nvo3/
This change should be reviewed in parallel with the proposed new working group
"BGP enabled servises" (BESS)
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-bess/

The net of the changes is that NVO3 is scoped down to focus on:
- architecture/requirements
- statically/centrally provisioned VPNs for the data center
- data plane encapsulations (if needed)
...and BGP-enabled VPN solutions to the DC VPN are owned by BESS.

The process here is that the IESG will review the proposals on Thursday October
2. If they provisionally approve them, the text will go for external review (on
the IETF lists and announced on new Work).

Your opinions are very welcome. Ideally through the NVO3 mailing list, but you
are welcome to send direct mail to me and Alia.

Thanks,
Adrian