Subject: Re: [ieee-ietf-coord] IETF - IEEE 802 leadership virtual meeting tomorrow

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 13:28:33 +0000

Please use these two files instead.

Thanks and Regards,

Dan

From: Romascanu, Dan (Dan)
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 3:24 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: IETF - IEEE 802 leadership virtual meeting tomorrow

Hi,

The IETF - IEEE 802 leadership virtual meeting will take place tomorrow 1/21 between 2 and 4PM EST.

Please find attached the proposed agenda and the updated list of shared items of the IETF and IEEE 802.

(Cindy, please post the two documents on the IETF - IEEE 802 cooperation page)

Thanks and Regards,

Dan

---

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 09:08:10 -0500

Regrets for this meeting.  I will be unable to attend.

Regards,
Brian

On 1/20/15 8:28 AM, Romascanu, Dan (Dan) wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> ieee-ietf-coord mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieee-ietf-coord
>

---

From: Bob Heile <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 16:42:50 -0500

Dan

I send regrets as well.  I am in China so the timing is not good.

Work is continuing on the areas below with a lot of cross participation 
plus including in our security project on key management (802.15.9).  Those 
who are participating directly at 802 meetings have been able to obtain and 
comment on the 15.4 Revision drafts and the key management draft. A broader 
(and desirable) distribution of these drafts in the broader 6Tisch 
community has not been technically possible lacking a formal liaison 
relationship under which to do that.

The point may be mute at this stage on the immediate urgency since we are 
nearing sponsor ballot for the 15.4 Revision. We just started forming the 
sponsor ballot pool so this is an opportunity for interested parties in the 
6Tisch community to become part of the that pool.  This will give direct 
access to the draft to those who do not have it and the ability to comment 
and vote directly for those who become part of the pool.  We are making 
sure the invitation is advertised within IETF.  Even so, a formal Liaison 
relationship would still be a good to have if we can work one out. I will 
look into how to make that happen.  Let me know if there are any questions.

Regards

Bob

----------------------------
21. 6tsch

21.1. Description:
Enable communication and cross-review between the 6tisch WG and IEEE 802
  - In IEEE 802.15: (Bob): Go to the 802.15 website and look for L2R under 
public docs.  The group formed in March with a goal to spend 6 months to 
end up at a project point.
- Status 9/22 - 6tisch charter in external review, on IESG agenda for 9/26, 
external review message distributed
- Status 9/30/13 (Ted): WG was chartered
- Presentation by Pascal Hubert at the IEEE 802 plenary - 
https://mentor.ieee.org/802.15/dcn/13/15-13-0685-00-wng0-6tisch-802-1-for-a-new-ipv6-multilink-subnet.pptx 

- Status 6/18/14: Bob Heile updated that they have set up a group in 802.15 
that would be the companion to the IETF 6TSCH. There has been a lot of 
cross-participation. Pat Kinney mentioned that they were participating with 
the weekly calls and a number of are planning to attend IETF 90.
- Status 9/14 (Bob Heile): IEEE 802.15.4 has formed an Interest group for 
6TiSCH, the 6t IG. The group met at the IEEE with good feedback on the IETF 
WG work.
- Status 12/15: Mail from Michael Richardson asking about the need to 
establish a formal liaison between 6tisch and IEEE 802.15.4

21.2. Relevant Documents
- Mail list https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6tsch
- https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/6tisch/charter/
- https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6tisch-architecture/
- https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal/
- https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6tisch-terminology/
- https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6tisch-tsch/

21.3. Owners: Ted Lemon, Bob Heile

21.4. Action Items
- follow the activities in the IETF and IEEE 802.15, share information 
informally until activities are chartered
- Follow the activities; send relevant documents from the 6tisch WG as they 
reach Last Call stages.
- Discuss establishing a formal liaison at the 1/15 meeting
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> > (Cindy, please post the two documents on the IETF - IEEE 802 

Bob Heile, Ph.D
Chairman Emeritus & Chief Technologist, ZigBee Alliance
Chair, IEEE 802.15 Working Group on Wireless Personal Area Networks
Co-Chair IEEE P2030 Task Force 3 on Smartgrid Communications
Chair IEEE 2030.5 Working Group for Smart Energy Profile 2
11 Robert Toner Blvd, Suite 5-301
North Attleboro, MA  02763   USA
Mobile: +1-781-929-4832
email:   [email-masked]