Subject: [ieee-ietf-coord] Meeting minutes: 9/29 IETF - IEEE 802 coordination virtual meeting, Benoit's status update

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 22:28:27 +0200

Dear all,

Here is some text to update the meeting minutes, for my action items:

_19. Common OAM proposal / Layer Independent OAM_
The latest status, as of Sept 14th is 
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/lime/current/msg00347.html
Also, from the charter, note:

    - "This usability and extensibility must be demonstrated, for
    example with IP Ping, traceroute, BFD, and LSP Ping." -> this is the
    basis for the applicability statement
    - "Therefore, it is anticipated that the working group will closely
    coordinate its activities with other SDOs (including, but not
    limited to the ITU-T, MEF, IEEE, BBF and 3GPP) to ensure that the
    generic models are harmonized with work done in those SDOs and are
    applicable to many technologies."

_22. CAPWAP extensions in OPSAWG_
draft-ietf-opsawg-capwap-alt-tunnel 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-capwap-alt-tunnel/> 
(Alternate Tunnel Encapsulation for Data Frames in CAPWAP) will merge 
with draft-you-opsawg-capwap-separation-for-mp 
<http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-you-opsawg-capwap-separation-for-mp/> 
(CAPWAP Control and Data Channel Separation for Multi-provider Scenario)

_27. Area Name - development of YANG models in the IEEE 802_
- Mahesh, as YANG doctor, is contact with Mark Holness. All IEEE 802.1X 
and 802.1Q YANG [draft] models now compile cleanly (using the –ietf 
option in Pyang v1.5), with the exception of the namespace naming warning.
- Marc will post the IEEE [draft] YANG models into GitHub at 
https://github.com/YangModels/yang/tree/master/ this week
- IETF draft for IEEE URN, by Mahesh.
Glen wanted to have someone from within IEEE submit the draft, so at 
this point I have handed over the draft to him.  This was discussed 
during the interim meeting two weeks ago, and could not agree on the 
tree structure of the URN. Anyway, it will be administered by the IEEE 
and a project will be opened in November
- Need to get back to Robert Wilton on his “Interface VLAN” YANG model 
draft.
Quoting Mark Holness: "I believe there were initial concerns that this 
work overlapped with the work being done in 802.1. Mark needs to close 
the loop on this with Glenn Parsons. I don’t think there is overlap, but 
Glenn has some concerns."
- Formation of at least an initial team for IEEE 802.3 YANG model. 
Owner: Mahesh and David Law
- There is a YANG tutorial at the next IETF meeting, on Sunday.

Regards, Benoit