Subject: [ieee-ietf-coord] face-to-face meeting decision and follow-up

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 10:43:38 +0000

Based on the preferences indicated by the 29 participants in the Doodle poll (http://doodle.com/poll/usvn3ph45u6n8tcm) Friday September 9 is the preferred date and Europe is the preferred continent.

Based on this result I suggest the following:

-          Start looking for a location - close to the one of the locations of the IEEE interim meetings the week after may be an advantage

-          Build a preliminary agenda - as discussed in the last call - focus on the strategic items that would be efficiently dealt with in a f2f

-          The June interim will be virtual - issue a Doodle poll for date and time - I will do it, targeting the weeks of June 6 and June 13

Questions, comments and proposals are welcome.

Regards,

Dan

---

From: Bob Heile <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 07:02:56 -0500

Dan

Some thoughts on this--  The IEEE Wireless Interim is at the Warsaw 
Marriott which may not be very convenient for anyone other than those 
attending the interim.  I think Jon Rosdahl offered to look for a meeting 
location at CSR (aka Qualcomm) in the UK, but Jon will have to speak for 
himself on that. Or there may be another corporate location at a major hub 
that one of our meeting participants may have access too to save some money.

FYI, I am the organizer for the wireless interim so if there is interest in 
Warsaw, I can investigate a meeting room at the Marriott. Anyway, food for 
thought.

Regards

Bob

At 10:43 AM 2/24/2016 +0000, Romascanu, Dan (Dan) wrote:
>Content-Language: en-US
>Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
>  boundary="_000_9904FB1B0159DA42B0B887B7FA8119CA6BF6BA96AZFFEXMB04globa_"
>
>Based on the preferences indicated by the 29 participants in the Doodle 
>poll 
>(<http://doodle.com/poll/usvn3ph45u6n8tcm>http://doodle.com/poll/usvn3ph45u6n8tcm) 
>Friday September 9 is the preferred date and Europe is the preferred 
>continent.
>
>
>
>-          Start looking for a location close to the one of the locations 
>of the IEEE interim meetings the week after may be an advantage
>
>-          Build a preliminary agenda as discussed in the last call focus 
>on the strategic items that would be efficiently dealt with in a f2f
>
>-          The June interim will be virtual issue a Doodle poll for date 
>and time I will do it, targeting the weeks of June 6 and June 13
>
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>ieee-ietf-coord mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieee-ietf-coord

Bob Heile, Ph.D

Director of Standards, Wi-SUN Alliance
Chair, IEEE 802.15 Working Group on Wireless Specialty Networks
Chair IEEE 2030.5 Working Group for Smart Energy Profile 2
Co-Chair IEEE P2030 Task Force 3 on Smartgrid Communications

11 Robert Toner Blvd, Suite 5-301
North Attleboro, MA  02763   USA
Mobile: +1-781-929-4832
email:   [email-masked]