Subject: [ieee-ietf-coord] "Make Wifi Fast"

From: Mikael Abrahamsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 11:03:13 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

some participants in the Bufferbloat project 
(https://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/) (who are active in the IETF AQM 
WG) have started to work on "Make Wifi Fast", and are acting in the 
in-between-land between IEEE areas and IETF areas, and also Linux 
implementations of their work.

So it's a combination of AQM and per-station-queueing in the wifi chip, 
and how to do airtime scheduling on a per-airtime basis instead of a 
per-byte basis.

There is a presentation on this here at the OpenWrt summit today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFFpo_2xlfU&list=PL3bvPCw5QCLJ0xR1oXui6M7QBh6UElgvn&index=2

I know some of these people attend IETF meetings. They might have been 
attending IEEE meetings, but I don't know.

Is this something we should try to coordinate in a more official manner 
between IEEE and IETF, or is it fine that they're doing this on their own?

-- 
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: [email-masked]

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 10:07:22 +0100

> between IEEE and IETF, or is it fine that they're doing this on their own?

I'm not sure if we should try direct stuff like this, but I
do think we'd do better if we understand it and know whether
or not there are things we (IETF/IEEE) could be doing to help.

So I'd be for finding out some more fwiw.

S.

---

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 09:58:32 -0500

AQM is Mirja's working group, but I believe it's headed towards closing 
soon. If that's the IETF's connection to this work and AQM does close, 
it would be good for everyone to know where the new connection would be ...

Spencer

On 10/13/2016 04:07 AM, Stephen Farrell wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> ieee-ietf-coord mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieee-ietf-coord