Subject: [ieee-ietf-coord] Fwd: New Non-WG Mailing List: DLNEX -- Discussion of reliable and deterministic latency attributes

From: Dan Romascanu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 10:01:45 +0300

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 11:35 PM
Subject: New Non-WG Mailing List: DLNEX -- Discussion of reliable and
deterministic latency attributes
To: IETF Announcement List <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]

A new IETF non-working group email list has been created.

List address:[email-masked]
Archive: https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/search/?email_list=dlnex
To subscribe: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dlnex

Purpose:
DLNEX is to discuss various latency characteristics that can be exposed by
network elements or segments and to explore if there are any latency
related attributes that can be utilized by upper layer. For example, could
there be latency exposure that upper layer can utilize to plan how to
distribute their content to the right edges to achieve optimal user
experience? Or something used by Interactive AR controller to optimize
their services? Is there any value gained by upper layer expressing that
they would rather have fixed latency than losing packets?

The discussion is to answer questions like: are there any effective
interaction/coordination between upper layer and lower layer to achieve
more efficient optimization for latency sensitive services?

This discussion group is also a place to showcase the state of the arts in
latency optimized switching architecture and interface designs, as the
feasibility exercise for achieving reliable and deterministic latency
through a network element or a segment. Those latency exposures are the
foundation for (future) latency optimized control plane.

For additional information, please contact the list administrators.