Subject: [ieee-ietf-coord] New IEEE initiative in the area of AI, autonomous systems, and ethics

From: Walter Pienciak <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 15:13:37 -0500

Hi,

The new initiative -- IEEE Global Initiative for Ethical Considerations in
Artificial Intelligence and Autonomous Systems -- announced in
December, recently
released its first public document
<https://standards.ieee.org/develop/indconn/ec/autonomous_systems.html>.
Public feedback is being solicited, as well as new members and contributors
for the initiative's committees.

New standards work is already being generated by the initiative's work,
including P7000, previously reported on this list in the June 2016 NesCom
actions.

I also have a modest blogpost
<http://beyondstandards.ieee.org/general-news/artificial-intelligence-today-join-conversation/>
on the topic.

Walter

Walter Pienciak
Senior Manager, Strategic Programs, IEEE Standards Association

[email-masked]
+1 303 527 0934 <(303)%20527-0934>