Subject: [ieee-ietf-coord] DRAFT Minutes for meeting on 31 March 2017

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2017 11:47:44 -0400

Please review and report any needed corrections to the list.

Russ

= = = = = = = = =

                  IEEE 802 / IETF Coordination Meeting
                            Chicago, IL, USA
                             31 March 2017

0.  Agenda

   1.  Copyright Issue
   2.  YANG
   3.  Multicast
   4.  Meeting in Prague on the Saturday before IETF 99
   5.  Any other business

1.  Copyright Issue

   Worked out the issue with the Internet-Draft that included some text
   from IEEE P1588.  There are no permission issues with MIBs or YANG
   modules, but explanatory text is often needed as well.  Pat asked for
   volunteers to gather the right people to come up with a process for
   future documents:

      Pat    -- coordinate the discussion
      Suresh -- get the IETF and IETF Trust volunteers
      Jodi   -- get the IEEE staff members that are involved

2.  YANG

   At the Hackathon a tool for the YANG model catalog advanced.  The
   tool shows the dependencies among modules and keeps the metadata.

   Benoit expressed concern that too many YANG models are proprietary.

   Yan Zhuang volunteered to help with for 802.3 YANG modules.  A
   volunteer for 802.1 YANG modules is still needed.  Glenn can you find
   someone?

3.  Multicast

   The INT Area WG is putting together a document on multicast over
   wireless, and Juan Carlos made a call for contributions.

4.  Meeting in Prague -- Saturday before IETF -- Noon to 7pm

   These topics are of interest to the group:
      - YANG models
      - Low Latency and Time-sensitive Networking
      - FlexE, Network slicing, DETnet
      - Multicast
      - 48-bit and 64-bit MAC Addresses
      - 5G

   Benoit pointed out that the IETF hackathon did a review of IETF YANG
   modules.  They found bugs in modules and compilers, and they made
   many improvements to the modules too.  He suggested that it would be
   good to have a similar hackathon for the IEEE 802 YANG modules.
   Maybe this can be part of the IETF Hackathon in Prague on Sunday.

5.  AOB

   A liaison statement about draft-nordmark-intarea-ippl-05 was
   sent to the IETF INT Area by IEEE 802.1.  It can be found at
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/liaison/1510/.  An update was made
   to the document to resolve the concern.  Pat Thaler asked for a
   heads up when any working group or document relates to bridges,
   VLANs, or any other technology that overlaps IEEE 802 and the IETF.

   Long LLC frames are now available.  IEEE 802AC-2016 allows a
   length/type encoded media (Ethernet) to carry a long LLC frame.
   Clause 12.2 defines an Ethertype to use when the frame is longer than
   1500 bytes.  Unfortunately, this is not the same Ethertype that is
   used by many IS-IS implementations.  IEEE 802.1 tried to contact the
   owner of the Ethertype used in IS-IS implementations, but due to
   acquisitions, they were not able to find a proper contact.

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2017 08:53:01 -0700

On 4/7/2017 8:47 AM, Russ Housley wrote:
>     modules.
The review was for the Broadband Forum YANG modules.
Hence the proposal to have something similar at the next hackathon for 
IEEE YANG modules.

Regards, Benoit
> They found bugs in modules and compilers, and they made
> _______________________________________________
> ieee-ietf-coord mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieee-ietf-coord
> .
>

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2017 12:10:33 -0400

Thanks for the correction.  I post corrected minutes after others have a changes to review.

Russ

> On Apr 7, 2017, at 11:53 AM, Benoit Claise <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hence the proposal to have something similar at the next hackathon for IEEE YANG modules.
> 
> Regards, Benoit

---

From: Dan Romascanu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 14:23:08 +0300

This seems to be a great idea. Is somebody following this up in IEEE 802.1
and IEEE 802.3 respectively?

Regards,

Dan