Subject: [ieee-ietf-coord] Bangkok DetNet – TSN Workshop

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2018 22:08:14 +0700

Hello,

     We wanted to provide a brief update on Sunday's workshop for those 
who did not attend.  The meeting was very well attended (~100 attendees) 
and ran from 8am to 6pm.    The agenda [1] include background 
information, current TSN definitions, emerging work areas, security and 
use case summaries.  It was a very good exchange, with key takeaways 
summarized on the final slide of [2].

One important coordination question came up: How do we coordinate joint 
work?

The general agreement was that we will continue to work as we have 
been,  i.e., individuals will help coordinate activities by 
participating and  contributing in both groups; we will use formal 
liaisons when deemed appropriate by either group; and we will leverage 
this IEEE/IETF coordination activity.

We look forward to the future cooperation between the DetNet WG and TSN 
TG and aligning the mechanisms being developed by both organizations.

Very importantly, we want to thank and recognize those who worked very 
hard on the logistics of this meeting and exceeded all expectations in 
providing for the attendees. Notably, Jon Rosdahl, Glenn Parsons, John 
Messenger, Dawn Slykhouse, and Lisa Ronmark.

Please feel free to follow up with either of us if you have any 
questions or want any additional information.

Janos and Lou

[1] 
https://1.ieee802.org/tsn/tsn-task-group-agenda/#Sunday_DetNet_8211_TSN_joint_session 
or
https://1.ieee802.org/november-2018-plenary-meeting-in-bangkok-thailand-tsn-tg-agenda/

[2] 
http://www.ieee802.org/1/files/public/docs2018/detnet-tsn-farkas-chairs-intro-1118-v03.pdf