Subject: RE: [Ieprep] deja vu

From: "King, Kimberly S." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 15:50:53 -0500

James,

I'll write more of "a solution" using a QoS appliance.  An IP-PBX solution
is something you can work on... :-)  

I'll put a smart QoS appliance on each LAN just before the WAN link.  If SIP
signaling traverses that link, the callee is not local and subject to being
tracked and counted. If signaling doesn't traverse it then it's a local LAN
call and it can be ignored (assume LAN bandwidth is not a problem).

This means I want some local proxy that knows what users are local and can
resolve what local address it goes to.  I also want proxies in the core that
tell exactly where the endpoint is.  I don't want to redirect through a LAN.
That ought not be so hard to ensure even if it takes a kludge with some
redundant information.

This should take care of the issues.  It's the big picture of a particular
solution.  One can nit pick forever and nobody proves anything because the
requirements aren't there to examine and show that a solution meets them or
not.

Anyone want to write up the problem to be solved and some of the
constraints?

Kimberly

_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep