Subject: RE: [Ieprep] deja vu

From: "Ayyasamy, Senthilkumar \(UMKC-Student\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 15:52:18 -0600

>>One underlying assumption you are making about the CAC
>>function below is
>>that each knows where a destination endpoint is.
>>You are not accounting for
>>the mobility IP inherently brings to future networks.
 
kimberly's proposal is the easiest solution using existing
standards (RSVP + some kind of marking + EF). It is far
better than creating a new PHB (which doesn't actually
implement MLPP feature.i.e. preemption.) As you mention, 
she did not take receiver end network profile into account 
(which requires COPS etc.) But, Is it a necessary feature 
in a single administrative environment? 

But, I also don't understand your usage of the term "mobility"
in this context. Is it personal mobility ? terminal mobility? 
or some other thing... If so, you need SIP  REGISTER request 
and DNS SRV to do the magic. But, that doesn't answer signaling
for mobility. I presume, nsis should be focusing on those 
important questions(?).

_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep