Subject: [Ietf-62] Fwd: So more fun for IETF 62.

From: Marcia Beaulieu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 07:19:20 -0500

Message from Joel Jaeggli regarding recording all sessions at the IETF, audio
only.

>Envelope-to: [email-masked]
>Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 15:44:48 -0800 (PST)
>From: Joel Jaeggli <[email-masked]>
>X-X-Sender: [email-masked]
>To: Marcia Beaulieu <[email-masked]>
>cc: [email-masked]
>Subject: So more fun for IETF 62.
>X-Spam-Score: 0.0 (/)
>X-Scan-Signature: 856eb5f76e7a34990d1d457d8e8e5b7f
>
>The current version my draft descrbing what we want to do it at:
>
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jaeggli-ietftv-ng-00.txt
>
>The practical upshot is there's no need to schedule multicast rooms 
>specifically... But it does mean I want try and record/broadcast from all 
>7 or 8 rooms. The big piece of work is ethernet drops instead of two I 
>need 8, there's no real reason for them to be on a seperate netowrk, the 
>wireless network is probably sufficient since it's 8 x 64Kb/s of unicast 
>traffic rather than ~6mb/s of multicast...
>
>joelja
>
>--
>-------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
>Joel Jaeggli                Unix 
>Consulting         [email-masked] GPG Key 
>Fingerprint:     5C6E 0104 BAF0 40B0 5BD3 C38B F000 35AB B67F 56B2
>

_______________________________________________
Ietf-62 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-62

---

From: Jim Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 13:37:55 +0100

Joel,
	Ok, sounds fine by me. We've got some folks going to check on physical  
jack locations and numbers in each room mid-week this week. If you have  
any questions regarding the site, yell now :-)

	As for the network, we'll probably still keep you on a separate VLAN.  
Want to give you guys the best chance of everything working, and mixing  
you with the craziness of the IETF wireless crowd probably doesn't  
help.

	So, how is the data actually traveling? You guys gonna just ship the 8  
streams back to UO unicast and then rebroadcast from there? We should  
have some decent bandwidth at the meeting if you want to source some of  
the traffic from there.

	- Jim

	(BTW: [email-masked] hasn't worked since 2001 :-)   
[email-masked] will work forever)

On Feb 8, 2005, at 1:19 PM, Marcia Beaulieu wrote:

>> specifically... But it does mean I want try and record/broadcast from  
>> all 7 or 8 rooms. The big piece of work is ethernet drops instead of  
>> two I need 8, there's no real reason for them to be on a seperate  
>> netowrk, the wireless network is probably sufficient since it's 8 x  
>> 64Kb/s of unicast traffic rather than ~6mb/s of multicast...
>>
>> joelja
>>
>> --
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------- 
>> ---- Joel Jaeggli                Unix Consulting          
>> [email-masked] GPG Key Fingerprint:     5C6E 0104 BAF0  
>> 40B0 5BD3 C38B F000 35AB B67F 56B2
>>
>
>

---

From: Joel Jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 09:33:18 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005, Jim Martin wrote:

> Joel,
> 	Ok, sounds fine by me. We've got some folks going to check on 
> physical jack locations and numbers in each room mid-week this week. If you 
> have any questions regarding the site, yell now :-)

Been there a few times... ;)

We'll be there at around noon on the 5th.

> Want to give you guys the best chance of everything working, and mixing you 
> with the craziness of the IETF wireless crowd probably doesn't help.

Fair enough.

> 	So, how is the data actually traveling? You guys gonna just ship the 
> 8 streams back to UO unicast and then rebroadcast from there? We should have 
> some decent bandwidth at the meeting if you want to source some of the 
> traffic from there.

That's the plan. I have another backup darwin streaminging server at the 
UO and a shoutcast server in co-lo in seattle but my prefered box to 
reflect them off is at the UO.

> 	(BTW: [email-masked] hasn't worked since 2001 :-)

yeah funny, some of my contant info is ancient.

>>> Joel Jaeggli                Unix Consulting 
>>> [email-masked] GPG Key Fingerprint:     5C6E 0104 BAF0 40B0 
>>> 5BD3 C38B F000 35AB B67F 56B2
>>> 
>> 
>> 

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Joel Jaeggli  	       Unix Consulting 	       [email-masked] 
GPG Key Fingerprint:     5C6E 0104 BAF0 40B0 5BD3 C38B F000 35AB B67F 56B2