Subject: [Ietf-62] Netwrok Diagrams

From: "David Farmer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:03:57 -0600

Attached is the Visio for the Network and JPEGs for the Visio impaired.

I'll work on VLAN assignments Etc.

Comments!

=================================================
David Farmer				Email:	[email-masked]
Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota			Phone:	612-626-0815
2218 University Ave SE			Cell:	612-812-9952
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029		FAX:	612-624-4035
=================================================

The following section of this message contains a file attachment
prepared for transmission using the Internet MIME message format.
If you are using Pegasus Mail, or any other MIME-compliant system,
you should be able to save it or view it from within your mailer.
If you cannot, please ask your system administrator for assistance.

   ---- File information -----------
     File:  IETF62.vsd
     Date:  25 Feb 2005, 12:53
     Size:  121856 bytes.
     Type:  Unknown
The following section of this message contains a file attachment
prepared for transmission using the Internet MIME message format.
If you are using Pegasus Mail, or any other MIME-compliant system,
you should be able to save it or view it from within your mailer.
If you cannot, please ask your system administrator for assistance.

   ---- File information -----------
     File:  IETF62-1.jpg
     Date:  25 Feb 2005, 12:56
     Size:  183130 bytes.
     Type:  JPEG-image
The following section of this message contains a file attachment
prepared for transmission using the Internet MIME message format.
If you are using Pegasus Mail, or any other MIME-compliant system,
you should be able to save it or view it from within your mailer.
If you cannot, please ask your system administrator for assistance.

   ---- File information -----------
     File:  IETF62-2.jpg
     Date:  25 Feb 2005, 12:57
     Size:  174069 bytes.
     Type:  JPEG-image
The following section of this message contains a file attachment
prepared for transmission using the Internet MIME message format.
If you are using Pegasus Mail, or any other MIME-compliant system,
you should be able to save it or view it from within your mailer.
If you cannot, please ask your system administrator for assistance.

   ---- File information -----------
     File:  IETF62-3.jpg
     Date:  25 Feb 2005, 12:57
     Size:  165736 bytes.
     Type:  JPEG-image
The following section of this message contains a file attachment
prepared for transmission using the Internet MIME message format.
If you are using Pegasus Mail, or any other MIME-compliant system,
you should be able to save it or view it from within your mailer.
If you cannot, please ask your system administrator for assistance.

   ---- File information -----------
     File:  IETF62-4.jpg
     Date:  25 Feb 2005, 12:58
     Size:  153100 bytes.
     Type:  JPEG-image
_______________________________________________
Ietf-62 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-62

---

From: "David Farmer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 09:06:46 -0600

Here are some updates: 
 
1. Corrected a few typos.  
2. Put one of the terminal rooms off of the 3rd floor Coat Room core 
switch.  
3. Added a second connection to the Symphony Room (NOC) through 
a jack in Marquette.

There are 5 switches to put on tables in the Terminal Rooms, more 
can be added if necessary, but I think a 120 ports should be enough.

I'm going to work on VLAN and address assignments, what size 
subnets have you been using.  I'm planning subnets for NOC, 
Wireless, Wired Terminal Room, Multicast and Podium jacks, and the 
external VLANs going to Onvoy and UMN per page 4.  Are other 
Subnets/VLANs needed?

Jim, I'm available to talk most of today except for 1:00 to 3:00 CST