Subject: [Ietf-62] Wireless for ietf-62

From: Albert Vezza <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 16:42:46 -0500

Folks,

Does anyone know whether or not we a firm commitment of a loan of 
wireless APs for Minneapolis?  It is getting late in the game and we 
will need to really scramble if we don't.  If we don't how many do we 
need.  I have 15 old Cisco Aironet 340s.  Should we ship them and how 
many more Aps would we need to scrounge.

Al
-- 
Albert Vezza
President
Foretec Seminars, Inc
1895 Preston White Drive
Suite 100
Reston, VA 20191-5434

Internet mail: [email-masked]
Tel: (703) 620-9053
Fax: (703) 620-9071

Natick, MA Office
Tel:  (508) 650 4020
Fax:  (508) 650 4639

_______________________________________________
Ietf-62 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-62

---

From: Jim Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 16:41:20 -0500

Al,
	I understand that we're really late in the game, but I'm not ready to 
push the panic button just yet. Cisco's never failed to come through 
for us. However, I'd appreciate your sending the 340s to MPLS, just as 
a last ditch measure. Karen did speak with Chris and he indicated that 
getting the 1200s shouldn't be terribly difficult, however, we're still 
trying to confirm that everything is arranged.

	- Jim

---

From: Jim Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 10:24:23 -0800

Gentlepeople,
	Last night I spoke with both Ben Crosby and Jeff Young at Alcatel, and 
leaned on their kindness to loan us the Airespace gear that was used at 
the last meeting. Unfortunately, this is really politically awkward now 
that Airespace is owned by Cisco. Thankfully though, their desire to 
help out friends in need has overridden corporate concerns this time, 
so we have 35 APs and the associated ancillary pieces if we need them.  
We're still trying to get ahold of Chris Elliott and go the official 
Cisco route, but even if that falls through, we're still safe.

	Whew! :-)

	- Jim

On Feb 23, 2005, at 1:41 PM, Jim Martin wrote:

> getting the 1200s shouldn't be terribly difficult, however, we're 
> still trying to confirm that everything is arranged.
>
> 	- Jim
>

---

From: "David Farmer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 08:42:24 -0600

What about Power injectors?  If possible we want power injectors 
included.  It will make AP setup easier.   The 3750s we have are NOT 
POE.  We do have some POE 3750s on order for our Lab, but I do not 
expect them to get here before IETF.

On 24 Feb 2005 Jim Martin wrote:

> leaned on their kindness to loan us the Airespace gear that was used
> at the last meeting. Unfortunately, this is really politically awkward
> now that Airespace is owned by Cisco. Thankfully though, their desire
> to help out friends in need has overridden corporate concerns this
> time, so we have 35 APs and the associated ancillary pieces if we need
> them.  We're still trying to get ahold of Chris Elliott and go the
> official Cisco route, but even if that falls through, we're still
> safe.
> 
>  Whew! :-)
> 
>  - Jim
> 
> > 	I understand that we're really late in the game, but I'm not ready
> > to push the panic button just yet. Cisco's never failed to come
> > through for us. However, I'd appreciate your sending the 340s to
> > MPLS, just as a last ditch measure. Karen did speak with Chris and
> > he indicated that getting the 1200s shouldn't be terribly difficult,
> > however, we're still trying to confirm that everything is arranged.
> >
> > 	- Jim
> >
> >> wireless APs for Minneapolis?  It is getting late in the game and
> >> we will need to really scramble if we don't.  If we don't how many
> >> do we need.  I have 15 old Cisco Aironet 340s.  Should we ship them
> >> and how many more Aps would we need to scrounge.
> >>
> >> Al
> >> -- 
> >> Albert Vezza
> >> President
> >> Foretec Seminars, Inc
> >> 1895 Preston White Drive
> >> Suite 100
> >> Reston, VA 20191-5434
> >>

=================================================
David Farmer				Email:	[email-masked]
Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota			Phone:	612-626-0815
2218 University Ave SE			Cell:	612-812-9952
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029		FAX:	612-624-4035
=================================================