Subject: [Ietf-62] IETF-62 status

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 09:15:41 -0600

Hi,

thanks for running the network here.

After the early AP crashes, the scenario I'm now seeing is that I'm 
generally attached (WLAN/L2) all the time, but, for periods ranging 
from several minutes to half an hour or so, unicast packets don't seem 
to reach me (my debugging methods are a bit limited right now, though, 
so it also might be my unicast packets not going out).

If you want to ping me/trace my MAC:

en1: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
         inet 130.129.133.206 netmask 0xfffff800 broadcast 
130.129.135.255
         ether 00:0a:95:f5:19:d4

While I was writing this, the net did not work for me.
Still, tcpdump shows that I can ARP other hosts nicely:

21:17:55.736287 arp who-has 130.129.128.2 tell 130.129.133.206
21:17:55.748883 arp reply 130.129.128.2 is-at 00:11:92:52:4b:45
21:17:55.748931 IP 130.129.133.206 > 130.129.128.2: icmp 64: echo 
request seq 0

(I don't see the replies right now.)

By the time you receive this, of course the network is working again :-)

The whole thing reminds me of confused switches that can't handle the 
same MAC address occurring in quick sequence on several ports.
I've seen this before...
Of course, this is a shot in the dark.

Gruesse, Carsten

_______________________________________________
Ietf-62 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-62