Subject: RE: Correct display of "To:" value
From: "Jeff Stephenson" <[email-masked]>
To: "Harald Alvestrand" <[email-masked]>, "Jacob Palme" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Andreas Pfneisl" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 10:40:19 -0700
List-Id: <ietf-822.imc.org>

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Harald Alvestrand [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2000 10:40 PM
>
> ...
>
> Outlook is not able to display the headers as they are received.

Actually Outlook _can_ display the RFC822 headers, though it is, I
admit, not immediately obvious how to do so.  From the menubar on the
open message, select View | Options.  The headers of any message that
was received via SMTP will be displayed in the dialog.

I asked Andreas to send me the headers from his message; the
human-friendly name has indeed been stripped in the version that he
received.  I suggested that he compare the Received: lines between the
message that he received and the message of the other recipient that did
see the human-friendly name to perhaps figure out which server stripped
the name.

-- jeff