Subject: Notification Protocol
From: "Neystadt, John" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 12:01:16 +0300
List-Id: <ietf-822.imc.org>

I am resending since this did not went through first time...

John Neystadt
[email-masked]
http://www.neystadt.org/john/

-----Original Message-----
From: Neystadt, John 
Sent: Sun, July 22, 2001 11:18 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]'
Subject: Notification Protocol

Hi!

At the Minneapolis IETF, I have raised the idea of Email Notification
Protocol. Since there was quite an interest of this I have submitted an I-D
and opened a mailing list for the discussion of the protocol. The proposed
name is SNAP - Simple Notification and Alarm protocol.

The I-D is named draft-shapira-snap, but I was late for the cut-off with the
latest revision. The 01 draft (rejected because missed deadline) is attached
here.

I invite all interested parties to join the mailing list by sending
'subscribe snap' to [email-masked] or using the web at
http://www.neystadt.org/cgi-bin/majorodomo.

John Neystadt
[email-masked]
http://www.neystadt.org/john/