Subject: 2822 implementation report request
From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
To: ietf-822 mailing list <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 09:11:38 -0400
List-Id: <ietf-822.imc.org>

The IETF will shortly be considering elevating the revised mail format 
specification RFC 2822, to the second-level standards status of DRAFT.

A requirement for this is to produce information about implementations 
of the protocol specification.  It is therefore essential that we 
assemble a credible collection of information about actual development 
and interoperability testing -- and deployment is a form of testing -- 
for RFC 2822.

Because mail is a rich and widely-deployed protocol, the goal of this
query is to ask for enough information to be useful, but not to place
undue burden on responders by asking them to do a massive checklist.

It is assumed that most implementations of RFC 2822 have implemented all
of its required (MUST) features and probably a fair number of its
optional (SHOULD or MAY) features.

This survey does NOT cover any specifications outside of the RFC2822
document itself.  No enhancements, options, or the like.

Please take some time to complete the following questionnaire and send
me a private note with your responses.  I will assemble them into a
public report.

Please respond by June 10 2008.

RFC 2822 / 2822upd Implementation Questionnaire
===============================================
     0. Contact and Description
        Organization Name:
        Implementation (Software or Service) Name:

     1. Have you implemented RFC2822?
     2. For how long it has been deployed?
     3. What features have NOT been implemented from RFC2822?
     4. What features of RFC2822 are problematic for your implementation?
     5. Please add any other comments you wish to share:

Thank you.

	Tony Hansen
	[email-masked]

PS. This note borrows heavily from the 2821 implementation request email
by Dave Crocker.