Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-asid-mime-vcard-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 10:32:17 -0400

Note: This revision reflects comments received during the last call period.

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Access, Searching and Indexing of Directories 
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: vCard MIME Directory Profile
	Author(s)	: T. Howes, F. Dawson
	Filename	: draft-ietf-asid-mime-vcard-08.txt
	Pages		: 38
	Date		: 28-Aug-98
	
   This memo defines the profile of the MIME Content-Type [MIME-DIR] for
   directory information for a white-pages person object, based on a
   vCard electronic business card. The profile definition is independent
   of any particular directory service or protocol. The profile is
   defined for representing and exchanging a variety of information
   about an individual (e.g., formatted and structured name and delivery
   addresses, email address, multiple telephone numbers, photograph,
   logo, audio clips, etc.). The directory information used by this
   profile is based on the attributes for the person object defined in
   the X.520 and X.521 directory services recommendations. The profile
   also provides the method for including a [VCARD] representation of a
   white-pages directory entry within the MIME Content-Type defined by
   the [MIME-DIR] document.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-asid-mime-vcard-08.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-asid-mime-vcard-08.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-asid-mime-vcard-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.