Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-costanzo-fs-mime-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 10:32:10 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Creating File System Object Attachments with MIME
	Author(s)	: A. Costanzo
	Filename	: draft-costanzo-fs-mime-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 28-Aug-98
	
This memo defines a new top level type for MIME and its subtypes
and mappings to file types.
 
The intent of this draft is to both define a new comprehensive top
level type and define a method and usage for one of the to be defined
subtypes. This new subtype in itself is a media type. The purpose of
which provides a mechanism to move a structured set of files system
object structures (directories and/or files) as a MIME attachment
from one environment to another while preserving common elements.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-costanzo-fs-mime-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-costanzo-fs-mime-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-costanzo-fs-mime-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.