Subject: RFC 2400 on Internet Standards

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 15:04:51 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        STD 1:
	RFC 2400:

        Title:	    INTERNET OFFICIAL PROTOCOL STANDARDS
	Author(s):  J. Postel, J. Reynolds
	Status:     Standard
	Date:       September 1998
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
	Pages:      47
        Characters: 110969
        Obsoletes:  2300, 2200, 2000, 1920, 1880, 1800, 1780, 1720, 
		    1610, 1600, 1540, 1500, 1410, 1360, 1280, 1250, 
		    1200, 1140, 1130, 1100, 1083

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2400.txt

A discussion of the standardization process and the RFC document
series is presented first, followed by an explanation of the terms.
Sections 6.2 - 6.10 contain the lists of protocols in each stage of
standardization.  Finally, there are pointers to references and
contacts for further information.

This document is now a Standard Protocol.

This memo describes the state of standardization of protocols used in
the Internet as determined by the Internet Architecture Board (IAB).
This memo is an Internet Standard.  Distribution of this memo is
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.