Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-schmid-rsvp-fl-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 10:33:40 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: RSVP Extensions for IPv6 Flow Label Support
	Author(s)	: S. Schmid, M. Dunmore, N. Race, A. Scott
	Filename	: draft-schmid-rsvp-fl-01.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 01-Sep-98
	
   This document is an addendum to Version 1 of RSVP (Resource
   ReSerVation Protocol) as defined in the proposed standard [RFC2205].
   The flow label, one of the new header fields of the IPv6 protocol,
   allows improvements to resource reservation protocols on IPv6 capable
   networks.  Utilization of the flow label simplifies packet
   classification and optimizes packet processing in routers along the
   transport path.
 
   The main objectives of this document are to specify the proper usage
   of the IPv6 flow label and to promote its support within RSVP.  This
   memo defines extensions required to the Version 1 specification and
   additional processing rules needed to ensure correct operation.
   Rather than simply presenting the specification with no
   justification, we have tried to present the benefits of adopting the
   flow label within RSVP for IPv6.  This addendum does not have any
   effect on the implementation or usage of RSVP for IPv4.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-schmid-rsvp-fl-01.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schmid-rsvp-fl-01.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-schmid-rsvp-fl-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.