Subject: RFC 2422 on 32 kbit/s ADPCM

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 14:55:25 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2422:

        Title:	    Toll Quality Voice - 32 kbit/s ADPCM
                    MIME Sub-type Registration
	Author(s):  G. Vaudreuil, G. Parsons
	Status:     Proposed Standard
	Date:       September 1998
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
	Pages:      6
        Characters: 10157
        Obsoletes:  1911

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2422.txt

This document describes the registration of the MIME sub-type
audio/32KADPCM for toll quality audio.  This audio encoding is
defined by the ITU-T in Recommendation G.726.

This document is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.