Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-masinter-url-i18n-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 10:34:30 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Representing non-ASCII Characters in URIs and 
                          Extended URIs
	Author(s)	: L. Masinter, M. Duerst
	Filename	: draft-masinter-url-i18n-02.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 01-Sep-98
	
URIs are defined as sequences of characters chosen from a limited
subset of the repertoire of ASCII characters, both for transmission in
network protocols and representation in spoken and written human
communication.
 
This document defines a uniform way of representing non-ASCII scripts
in URIs and in an extended 8-bit form (8URI), so these identifiers can
be used for the world's languages. The document gives guidelines for
the use and deployment of these forms in various elements of software
that deal with URIs.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-masinter-url-i18n-02.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-masinter-url-i18n-02.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-masinter-url-i18n-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.