Subject: Protocol Action: IP Version 6 over PPP to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 08:50:27 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft IP Version 6 over PPP
<draft-ietf-ipngwg-ipv6-over-ppp-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard. This
document is a replacement for RFC2023. With this action, the IESG
requests that RFC2023 be reclassified as Historic.

This document is the product of the IPNG Working Group.  The IESG
contact persons are Jeffrey Burgan and Thomas Narten.

Technical Summary
 
This document defines the method for the transmission of IP Version 6
packets over PPP links as well as the Network Control Protocol (NCP)
for establishing and configuring the use of IPv6 over PPP. It also
specifies the method of forming IPv6 link-local addresses on PPP
links, and a method for negotiating the use of IPv6-specific
compression protocols.

Working Group Summary

There was consensus in the WG for this document, and comments made
during the Last Call by members of the PPP Working Group were
incorporated.

Protocol Quality

This protocol has been reviewed for the IESG by Jeffrey Burgan and
Thomas Narten.