Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-calsch-imip-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 10:15:46 -0400

Note: This revision reflects comments received during the last call period.

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Calendaring and Scheduling Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: iCalendar Message-based Interoperability Protocol (iMIP)
	Author(s)	: F. Dawson, S. Mansour, S. Silverberg
	Filename	: draft-ietf-calsch-imip-08.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 28-Sep-98
	
This document, [iMIP], specifies a binding from the iCalendar Transport-
independent Interoperability Protocol (iTIP) to Internet email-based
transports. Calendaring entries defined by the iCalendar Object Model
[iCAL] are composed using constructs from [RFC-822], [RFC-2045], [RFC-
2046], [RFC-2047], [RFC-2048] and [RFC-2049].
 
This document is based on discussions within the Internet Engineering
Task Force (IETF) Calendaring and Scheduling (CALSCH) working group.
More information about the IETF CALSCH working group activities can be
found on the IMC web site at http://www.imc.org, the IETF web site at
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/calsch-charter.html. Refer to the
references within this document for further information on how to access
these various documents.
 
Distribution of this document is unlimited. Comments and suggestions for
improvement should be sent to the authors.
 
Copyright (C) The Internet Society 1998. All Rights Reserved.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-calsch-imip-08.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-calsch-imip-08.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-calsch-imip-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.