Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-balabanian-rtsp-mpeg4-dmif-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 10:43:49 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The Role of DMIF with RTSP and MPEG-4
	Author(s)	: V. Balabanian
	Filename	: draft-balabanian-rtsp-mpeg4-dmif-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 22-Sep-98
	
This draft technical proposal describes how MPEG DMIF (Delivery
Multimedia Integration Framework)  can be used with RTSP for setting
MPEG-4 service sessions and subsequently detaching the service. DMIF
creates an instance of DMIF RTSP augmented with QoS appropriate for
each MPEG-4 stream and also makes use of the FlexMux to carry multiple
streams on a single UDP or TCP IP flow. The stream control play/pause
etc. using RTSP is executed directly by the MPEG-4 Systems Sync Layer.
 
Comments are solicited and should be addressed to the working group's
mailing list at [email-masked] and/or the authors.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-balabanian-rtsp-mpeg4-dmif-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-balabanian-rtsp-mpeg4-dmif-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-balabanian-rtsp-mpeg4-dmif-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.