Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mospf-mospf-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 16:59:24 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: Multicast Extensions to OSPF
	Author(s)	: J. Moy
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mospf-mospf-00.txt
	Pages		: 100
	Date		: 17-Sep-98
	
    This memo documents the MOSPF protocol. MOSPF, which stands for the
    Multicast extensions to OSPF, is an enhancement to the OSPF protocol
    enabling the routing of IP multicast datagrams. The extensions have
    been implemented so that a multicast routing capability can be
    introduced piecemeal into an OSPF Version 2 routing domain. Some of
    the OSPF Version 2 routers may run the multicast extensions, while
    others may continue to be restricted to the forwarding of regular IP
    traffic (unicasts).
 
    An implementation of this memo will interoperate with
    implementations of the previous MOSPF specification, RFC 1584.
    Differences between this memo and RFC 1584 include bug fixes,
    modifications which track changes to the base OSPF specification,
    and an assumption that IGMPv2 (instead of IGMPv1) will now be used
    to communicate group membership from IP hosts to MOSPF routers. See
    Appendix D for details.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mospf-mospf-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mospf-mospf-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mospf-mospf-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.