Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kaliski-pkcs-pkcs1v2-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 11:02:35 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: PKCS #1: RSA Cryptography Specifications Version 2.0
	Author(s)	: B. Kaliski, J. Staddon
	Filename	: draft-kaliski-pkcs-pkcs1v2-01.txt
	Pages		: 34
	Date		: 10-Sep-98
	
This Internet-Draft is proposed as a successor to RFC-2313. This
document provides recommendations for the implementation of public-
key cryptography based on the RSA algorithm [18], covering the following
aspects:
 
-cryptographic primitives
-encryption schemes
-signature schemes with appendix
-ASN.1 syntax for representing keys and for identifying the schemes
 
The recommendations are intended for general application within computer
and communications systems, and as such include a fair amount of
flexibility. It is expected that application standards based on these
specifications may include additional constraints. The recommendations
are intended to be compatible with draft standards currently being
developed by the ANSI X9F1 [1] and IEEE P1363 working groups [14].
This document supersedes PKCS #1 version 1.5 [20].
 
Editor's note. It is expected that subsequent versions of PKCS #1 may
cover other aspects of the RSA algorithm such as key size, key
generation, key validation, and signature schemes with message recovery.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kaliski-pkcs-pkcs1v2-01.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kaliski-pkcs-pkcs1v2-01.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kaliski-pkcs-pkcs1v2-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.