Subject: RFC 2414 on Increasing TCP's Initial Window

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 12:28:39 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2414:  

        Title:	    Increasing TCP's Initial Window
	Author(s):  M. Allman, S. Floyd, C. Partridge
	Status:     Experimental
	Date:       September 1998
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
		    [email-masked]
	Pages:      14
        Characters: 32019
        Updates/Obsoletes/See Also: None

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2414.txt

This document specifies an increase in the permitted initial window
for TCP from one segment to roughly 4K bytes.  This document
discusses the advantages and disadvantages of such a change,
outlining experimental results that indicate the costs and benefits
of such a change to TCP.
 
This document is a product of the TCP Implementation Working Group of
the IETF.

This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Discussion and 
suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo 
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.