Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-faerber-http-content-disp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 10:42:49 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Use of the Content-Disposition header with HTTP.
	Author(s)	: C. Faerber
	Filename	: draft-faerber-http-content-disp-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 22-Sep-98
	
   [RFC2183] introduces a Content-Disposition header field for Internet
   Mail Messages to transmit presentation information as well as a
   suggested file name for saving the content to disk and the file's
   date information.
 
   All of this information is missing from HTTP entities [RFC2068].
   However, there is nothing that would prevent the use of the Content-
   Disposition header with this HTTP.
 
   Without being standard, the Content-Disposition header has already
   been introduced by some software products. [HTTP1.1-REV] documents
   this practice, based on [RFC1806].
 
   This memo also extends the specification to cover [RFC2183] and
   corrects the common abuse of the Content-Type header to cover
   presentation information.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-faerber-http-content-disp-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-faerber-http-content-disp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-faerber-http-content-disp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.