Subject: Last Call: Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1 to Draft Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 16:46:00 -0400

The IESG has received a request from the HyperText Transfer Protocol
Working Group to consider publication of the following as Draft
Standards:

 o Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1
	<draft-ietf-http-v11-spec-rev-05.txt>

   This document replaces RFC2068, currently a Proposed Standard.

 o HTTP Authentication: Basic and Digest Access Authentication 
	<draft-ietf-http-authentication-03.txt> 

   This document replaces RFC2069, currently a Proposed Standard.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by October 14, 1998.

Files can be obtained via:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-http-v11-spec-rev-05.txt
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-http-authentication-03.txt

Implementation Report is included on the IETF Web Page:

	http://www.ietf.org/IESG/http1.1-implementations.txt