Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hoschka-smilsdp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 10:48:33 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Integrating SDP Functionality Into SMIL
	Author(s)	: P. Hoschka
	Filename	: draft-hoschka-smilsdp-01.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 02-Sep-98
	
   This document describes an approach for integrating the functionality
   currently contained in [47]SDP (Session Announcement Protocol) into
   [48]SMIL (Synchronized Multimedia Integration Language). The
   motivation is to make it easier for SMIL authors to interface with the
   existing RTP/MBone infrastructure. Currently, this requires
   maintaining two different sets of files, each of which use a different
   text format. Another motivation is to save one network round-trip per
   RTSP URL in the SMIL file, since the information contained in the SDP
   file is now directly included in the SMIL file.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hoschka-smilsdp-01.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoschka-smilsdp-01.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hoschka-smilsdp-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.