Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pkix-dcs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 10:26:39 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure 
                          Data Certification Server Protocols
	Author(s)	: C. Adams, R. Zuccherato
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pkix-dcs-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 23-Sep-98
	
This document describes a general data certification service and the
protocols to be used when communicating with it.  The Data Certification
Server  is a Trusted Third Party (TTP) that can be used as one component
in building reliable non-repudiation services (see [ISONR]).  Useful
Data Certification Server responsibilities in a PKI are to validate
signatures and to provide up-to-date information regarding the status of
public key certificates.  We give examples of how to use the Data
Certification Server to extend the lifetime of a signature beyond key
expiry or revocation and to query the Data Certification Server
regarding the status of a public key certificate.
 
      The key words 'MUST', 'MUST NOT', 'REQUIRED', 'SHALL', 'SHALL
      NOT', 'SHOULD', 'SHOULD NOT', 'RECOMMENDED',  'MAY', and
      'OPTIONAL' in this document are to be interpreted as described in
      RFC 2119 [RFC2119].

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pkix-dcs-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-dcs-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-dcs-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.