Subject: Protocol Action: Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Certificate and CRL Profile to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 08:06:00 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft Internet X.509 Public Key
Infrastructure Certificate and CRL Profile
<draft-ietf-pkix-ipki-part1-11.txt> as a Proposed Standard.  This
document is the product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509)
Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are Jeffrey Schiller and
Marcus Leech.

Technical Summary
 
  The PKIX Working Group is chartered to specify an Internet profile
  for the use of X.509 certificates. The focus of the profile is to
  ensure interoperation between implementations that conform to it. The
  Part I specification defines formats and requirements for Certificates
  and Certificate Revocation Lists (CRLs). It is part of a suite of 
  documents, but can stand alone.

Working Group Summary

  This document is  the tenth  revision  of the Part I profile
  document. Input from many members of the community has gone into this
  draft which the working group has consensus on.

Protocol Quality

  Many  experts on Public Key Infrastructure and contributed and
  commented on  this  specification. Jeffrey  I. Schiller  reviewed the
  document for the IESG.

Y2K Compliance

  The protocols and formats in this document are Year 2000 compliant.