Subject: RFC 2415 on TCP Window Size

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 12:31:08 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2415:  

        Title:	    Simulation Studies of Increased Initial TCP Window
		    Size
	Author(s):  K. Poduri, K. Nichols
	Status:     Informational
	Date:       September 1998
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
	Pages:      11
        Characters: 24205
        Updates/Obsoletes/See Also: None

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2415.txt

An increase in the permissible initial window size of a TCP
connection, from one segment to three or four segments, has been under
discussion in the tcp-impl working group. This document covers some
simulation studies of the effects of increasing the initial window
size of TCP. Both long-lived TCP connections (file transfers) and
short-lived web-browsing style connections were modeled. The
simulations were performed using the publicly available ns-2 simulator
and our custom models and files are also available.

This document is a product of the TCP Implementation Working Group of
the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.