Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pkix-ipki-part1-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 10:26:08 -0400

Note: This revision reflects comments received during the last call period.

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Certificate 
                          and CRL Profile
	Author(s)	: R. Housley, W. Ford, T. Polk, D. Solo
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pkix-ipki-part1-11.txt
	Pages		: 128
	Date		: 23-Sep-98
	
   This memo profiles the X.509 v3 certificate and X.509 v2 CRL for use
   in the Internet.  An overview of the approach and model are provided
   as an introduction.  The X.509 v3 certificate format is described in
   detail, with additional information regarding the format and
   semantics of Internet name forms (e.g., IP addresses). Standard
   certificate extensions are described, and a set of required
   extensions is defined.  The X.509 v2 CRL format is described and a
   required extension set is defined as well.  An algorithm for X.509
   certificate path validation is described. Supplemental information is
   provided describing the format of public keys and digital signatures
   in X.509 certificates for common Internet public key encryption
   algorithms (i.e., RSA, DSA, and Diffie-Hellman).  ASN.1 modules and
   examples are provided in the appendices.
 
   The key words 'MUST', 'MUST NOT', 'REQUIRED', 'SHALL', 'SHALL NOT',
   'SHOULD', 'SHOULD NOT', 'RECOMMENDED', 'MAY', and 'OPTIONAL' in this
   document are to be interpreted as described in RFC 2119.
 
   Please send comments on this document to the [email-masked] mail
   list.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pkix-ipki-part1-11.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-ipki-part1-11.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-ipki-part1-11.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.