Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-wallner-key-arch-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 10:26:07 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Key Management for Multicast: Issues and Architectures
	Author(s)	: D. Wallner, E. Harder, R. Agee
	Filename	: draft-wallner-key-arch-01.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 14-Sep-98
	
   This report contains a discussion of the difficult problem of key
   management for multicast communication sessions.  It focuses on two
   main areas of concern with respect to key management, which are,
   initializing the multicast group with a common net key and rekeying
   the multicast group.  A rekey may be necessary upon the compromise of
   a user or for other reasons (e.g., periodic rekey).  In particular,
   this report identifies a technique which allows for secure compromise
   recovery, while also being robust against collusion of excluded users.
   This is one important feature of multicast key management which has
   not been addressed in detail by most other multicast key management
   proposals [1,2,4].  The benefits of this proposed technique are that
   it minimizes the number of transmissions required to rekey the
   multicast group and it imposes minimal storage requirements on the
   multicast group.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-wallner-key-arch-01.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wallner-key-arch-01.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-wallner-key-arch-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.