Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-cat-rfc2078bis-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 1998 11:02:13 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Authentication Technology Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: Generic Security Service Application Program 
                          Interface Version 2, Update 1
	Author(s)	: J. Linn
	Filename	: draft-ietf-cat-rfc2078bis-07.txt
	Pages		: 101
	Date		: 04-Sep-98
	
   The Generic Security Service Application Program Interface (GSS-API),
   Version 2, as defined in [RFC-2078], provides security services to
   callers in a generic fashion, supportable with a range of underlying
   mechanisms and technologies and hence allowing source-level
   portability of applications to different environments. This
   specification defines GSS-API services and primitives at a level
   independent of underlying mechanism and programming language
   environment, and is to be complemented by other, related
   specifications:
 
      documents defining specific parameter bindings for particular
      language environments
 
      documents defining token formats, protocols, and procedures to be
      implemented in order to realize GSS-API services atop particular
      security mechanisms
 
   This Internet-Draft revises [RFC-2078], making specific, incremental
   changes in response to implementation experience and liaison
   requests. It is intended, therefore, that this draft or a successor
   version thereto will become the basis for subsequent progression of
   the GSS-API specification on the standards track.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-cat-rfc2078bis-07.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-rfc2078bis-07.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-rfc2078bis-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.