Subject: Call for IETF Nominations Committee Volunteers

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 16:40:04 -0400

Hi,

This is the annual call for volunteers to serve on the IETF Nominations
Committee.  It's not only an important job, but by being on the
nominations committee you can immunize yoursefl from being selected by
it.

To qualify, you must have attended at least two of the past three IETF
meetings, be available for some fairly intense activity including a
substantial number of telephone calls , including conference calls,
probably for a period of about three months, and meet the other
requirements in and agree to follow the procedures outlined in RFC
2282. The ten voting members of the NomCom will be selected from the
qualified volunteers by an independently verifiable fair process.

IESG members whose terms are expiring, along with their areas, are as
follows: 

   Harald Alvestrand (Operations & Management),
   Scott Bradner (Transport), 
   Patrik Faltstrom (Applications), and 
   Thomas Narten (Internet). 

IABers whose terms are expiring are as follows: 

   Steve Deering, 
   Tony Hain, 
   Erik Huizer, 
   Cyndi Jung, 
   Robert Moskowitz, and
   Charlie Perkins.  

It is possible that the NomCom will have to fill more or fewer slots
than this list, due to the creation or elimination of positions by the
IESG, resignations, transfers, etc.

The nominations committee is a crucial part of the IETF.  Please
volunteer if you are sure you can put in the time needed.

If you wish to volunteer, please email your name, telephone number(s),
and email address to <[email-masked]> no later than Monday, October
1st, 1998, and put "NOMCOM VOLUNTEER"in the subject line.

Thanks,
Donald E. Eastlake, 3rd
non-voting Chair, upcoming NomCom

Donald E. Eastlake, 3rd
318 Acton Street, Carlisle, MA 01741 USA
Internet: [email-masked]
Phone: +1-978-287-4877
Fax  : +1-978-371-7148