Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipsec-secconf-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 10:39:26 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Security Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Secure Configuration of IPsec-Enabled Network Devices
	Author(s)	: S. Kelly, M. St. Johns
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipsec-secconf-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 14-Oct-98
	
   Remote configuration of network devices which implement IPsec-
   related services is desirable as a matter of convenience and of
   scale. In some cases, these devices are installed on a network with
   no prior configuration. In such cases, secure mechanisms for
   bootstrap configuration are required. In this document the associated
   issues are examined, and a multi-tiered approach is proposed from
   which a specific method may be selected based upon the security
   requirements of the environment in which the security device exists.
   While the primary devices considered here are security gateways and
   bump-in-the-wire encryptors, many of the resulting conclusions may
   extend to other devices, including host IPsec implementations.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipsec-secconf-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-secconf-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-secconf-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.