Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ospf-omp-01.txt,.ps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 10:39:55 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: OSPF Optimized Multipath (OSPF-OMP)
	Author(s)	: C. Villamizar
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ospf-omp-01.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 31
	Date		: 09-Oct-98
	
  OSPF may form multiple equal cost paths between points.  This is true
  of any link state protocol.  In the absense of any explicit support
  to take advantage of this, a path may be chosen arbitrarily.  Tech-
  niques have been utilized to divide traffic somewhat evenly among the
  available paths.  These techniques have been referred to as Equal Cost
  Multipath (ECMP). An unequal division of traffic among the available
  paths is generally preferable.  Routers generally have no knowledge
  of traffic loading on distant links and therefore have no basis to
  optimize the allocation of traffic.
 
  Optimized Mulitpath is a compatible extension to OSPF, utilizing the
  Opaque LSA to distribute loading information, proposing a means to
  adjust forwarding, and providing an algorithm to make the adjustments
  gradually enough to insure stability yet provide reasonably fast ad-
  justment when needed.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ospf-omp-01.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-omp-01.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-omp-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.