Subject: BCP 26, RFC 2434 on Guidelines for IANA Considerations

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 15:39:55 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 26:
	RFC 2434:

        Title:	    Guidelines for Writing an IANA Considerations
		    Section in RFCs
	Author(s):  T. Narten, H. Alvestrand
	Status:     Best Current Practice
	Date:       October 1998
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
	Pages:      11
        Characters: 25092
        Updates/Obsoletes/See Also: None
        I-D Tag:    draft-iesg-iana-considerations-06.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2434.txt

This document discusses issues that should be considered in
formulating a policy for assigning values to a name space and provides
guidelines to document authors on the specific text that must be
included in documents that place demands on the IANA.

This document is a product of the Internet Engineering Steering Group
of the IETF.

This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.