Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-liao-lrmp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 1998 09:53:59 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Light-weight Reliable Multicast Protocol Specification
	Author(s)	: T. Liao
	Filename	: draft-liao-lrmp-00.txt
	Pages		: 45
	Date		: 08-Oct-98
	
   This document describes LRMP, the Light-weight Reliable Multicast
   Protocol. LRMP provides a minimum set of functions for end-to-end
   reliable network transport suitable for bulk data transfer to
   multiple receivers. LRMP is designed to work in heterogeneous
   network environments and support multiple data senders. A totally
   distributed control scheme is used for error recovery so that no
   prior configuration and no router support are required. LRMP also
   includes a selective feedback mechanism allowing to monitor the
   quality of service at receivers. In LRMP, flow and congestion
   control is performed based on NACK packets and congestion indication
   from receivers. Forward error correction is supported as an
   independent optional module.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-liao-lrmp-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-liao-lrmp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-liao-lrmp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.