Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-uswg-fyi4-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 09:52:45 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the User Services Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: FYI on Questions and Answers 
                          Answers to Commonly asked New Internet User Questions
	Author(s)	: R. Plzak, A. Wells, E. Krol
	Filename	: draft-ietf-uswg-fyi4-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 27-Oct-98
	
   This memo provides an overview to the new Internet User.  The
   intended audience is the common Internet user of today, thus it
   attempts to provide a more consumer oriented approach to the Internet
   rather than going into any depth about a topic.  Unlike its
   predecessors, this edition seeks to answer the general questions that
   an unsophisticated consumer would ask as opposed to the more pointed
   questions of the more a technically sophisticated Internet user.
   Users desiring a more in-depth discussion are directed to FYI 7 that
   deals with intermediate and advanced Q/A topics.  A conscious effort
   has been made to keep this memo brief but at the same time provide
   the new user with enough information to generally understand the
   Internet.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-uswg-fyi4-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-uswg-fyi4-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-uswg-fyi4-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.