Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-svrloc-ipv6-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 09:52:12 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Service Location Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Service Location Protocol Modifications for IPv6
	Author(s)	: E. Guttman, J. Veizades
	Filename	: draft-ietf-svrloc-ipv6-05.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 27-Oct-98
	
   The Service Location Protocol provides a scalable framework for the
   discovery and selection of network services.  Using this protocol,
   computers using IP based networks no longer need so much static
   configuration of network services for network based applications.
   This is especially important as computers become more portable, and
   users less tolerant of or less able to fulfill the demands of network
   administration.
 
   The Service Location Protocol is well defined for use over IPv4
   networks [SLP]:  This document defines its use over IPv6 networks.
   Since this protocol relies on UDP and TCP, the changes to support its
   use over IPv6 are minor.  This document equally applies to SLP,
   version 2 [SLPv2].

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-svrloc-ipv6-05.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-svrloc-ipv6-05.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-svrloc-ipv6-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.