Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-iesg-odell-mibtest-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 10:22:30 -0400

Note: This revision reflects comments received during the last call period.

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IETF Steering Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Advancement of MIB specifications on the 
                          IETF Standards Track
	Author(s)	: M. O'Dell, H. Alvestrand, B. Wijnen, S. Bradner
	Filename	: draft-iesg-odell-mibtest-02.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 30-Sep-98
	
   The Internet Standards Process [1] requires that all IETF Standards
   Track specifications must have 'multiple, independent, and
   interoperable implementations' before they can be advanced beyond
   Proposed Standard status. This document specifies the process which
   the IESG will use to determine if a MIB specification document meets
   these requirements.  It also discusses the rationale for this
   process.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-iesg-odell-mibtest-02.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iesg-odell-mibtest-02.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-iesg-odell-mibtest-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.