Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-openpgp-formats-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 10:26:56 -0400

Note: This revision reflects comments received during the last call period.

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the An Open Specification for Pretty Good Privacy 
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: OpenPGP Message Format
	Author(s)	: J. Callas, L. Donnerhacke, H. Finney, R. Thayer
	Filename	: draft-ietf-openpgp-formats-08.txt
	Pages		: 61
	Date		: 12-Oct-98
	
   This document is maintained in order to publish all necessary
   information needed to develop interoperable applications based on
   the OpenPGP format. It is not a step-by-step cookbook for writing an
   application. It describes only the format and methods needed to
   read, check, generate, and write conforming packets crossing any
   network. It does not deal with storage and implementation questions.
   It does, however, discuss implementation issues necessary to avoid
   security flaws.
 
   Open-PGP software uses a combination of strong public-key and
   symmetric cryptography to provide security services for electronic
   communications and data storage.  These services include
   confidentiality, key management, authentication, and digital
   signatures. This document specifies the message formats used in
   OpenPGP.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-openpgp-formats-08.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-openpgp-formats-08.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-openpgp-formats-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.