Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-fax-reporting-extensions-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 10:21:54 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Fax Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Indicating Supported Media Features Using Extensions 
                          to DSN and MDN
	Author(s)	: D. Wing
	Filename	: draft-ietf-fax-reporting-extensions-03.txt
	Pages		: 4
	Date		: 13-Oct-98
	
   A device, unlike a workstation, is not generally extensible by
   installing a new reader, plugin, or other software.  There is a need
   in Internet mail for a recipient to indicate the media features it
   supports so that messages can be generated by senders without
   exceeding the recipient's abilities.
 
   This memo describes a format for generating Message Disposition
   Notifications [RFC2298] and Delivery Status Notifications [RFC1894]
   which contain such information.  This information can be used by
   senders to avoid exceeding the recipient's capabilities when sending
   subsequent messages.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-fax-reporting-extensions-03.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fax-reporting-extensions-03.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fax-reporting-extensions-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.