Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-muxissues-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1998 10:10:36 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Issues and Options for RTP Multiplexing
	Author(s)	: J. Rosenberg, H. Schulzrinne
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-muxissues-00.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 02-Oct-98
	
        This memorandum discusses the issues and options involved
        in the design of a new transport protocol for multiplexed
        voice within a single packet. The intended application is
        the interconnection of devices which provide trunking or
        long distance telephone service over the Internet. Such
        devices have many voice connections simultaneously between
        them. Multiplexing them into the same connection improves
        on the efficiency, enables the use of low bitrate voice
        codecs, and improves scalability. Options and issues con-
        cerning timestamping, payload type identification, length
        indication, and channel identification are discussed. Sev-
        eral possible header formats are identified, and their
        efficiencies are compared.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-avt-muxissues-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-muxissues-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-muxissues-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.