Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rps-dist-00.txt,.ps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 10:21:33 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Policy System Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Distributed Routing Policy System
	Author(s)	: C. Villamizar, C. Alaettinoglu, R. Govindan, D. Meyer
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rps-dist-00.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 30-Sep-98
	
  The RIPE database specifications [2] and RPSL language [1] define
  languages used as the basis for representing information in a routing
  policy system.  A repository for routing policy system information is
  known as a routing registry.  A routing registry provides a means of
  exchanging information needed to address many issues on importance to
  the operation of the Internet.  The implementation and deployment of a
  routing policy system must maintain some degree of integrety to be of
  any use.  The Routing Policy System Security internet-draft [3]
  addresses the need to assure integrety of the data by proposing an
  authentication and authorization model.  This document addresses the
  need to distribute data over multiple repositories and delegate author-
  ity for data subsets to multiple repositories without compromising the au-
  thorization model extablished in [3].

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rps-dist-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rps-dist-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rps-dist-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.