Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-krupczak-hostmibv2-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 1998 10:31:04 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Host Resources MIB V2
	Author(s)	: B. Krupczak
	Filename	: draft-krupczak-hostmibv2-01.txt
	Pages		: 37
	Date		: 01-Oct-98
	
   This memo modifies the original Host Resources MIB (RFC 1514) by
   converting it to the SNMPv2 SMI.  Further, this memo adds
   clarifying text, based on implementation and deployment experience,
   to ambiguous MIB object specifications.  It does not add nor remove
   managed objects from the original specification nor change their
   fundamental semantics.
 
   The original memo defines a MIB for use with managing host systems.
   This memo does not modify the original RFC's definitions or
   assumptions.  Included from the original RFC [1]:

       The term 'host' is construed to mean any computer that
       communicates with other similar computers attached to the
       internet and that is directly used by one or more human
       beings. Although this MIB does not necessarily apply to devices
       whose primary function is communications services (e.g.,
       terminal servers, routers, bridges, monitoring equipment), such
       relevance is not explicitly precluded.  This MIB instruments
       attributes common to all internet hosts including, for example,
       both personal computers and systems that run variants of Unix.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-krupczak-hostmibv2-01.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-krupczak-hostmibv2-01.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-krupczak-hostmibv2-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.