Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-bridge-bridgemib-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 10:07:52 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Bridge MIB Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Definitions of Managed Objects for Bridges with 
                          Traffic Classes, Multicast Filtering and 
                          Virtual LAN Extensions
	Author(s)	: L. Bell, A. Smith, P. Langille, 
                          A. Rijsinghani, K. McCloghrie
	Filename	: draft-ietf-bridge-bridgemib-02.txt
	Pages		: 93
	Date		: 20-Oct-98
	
This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB) for
use with network management protocols in TCP/IP based internets.  In
particular it defines objects for managing MAC bridges based on the IEEE
802.1D-1998 MAC Bridges and IEEE 802.1Q-1998 Virtual LAN (VLAN)
standards for bridging between Local Area Network (LAN) segments.
Provisions are made for support of transparent bridging.  Provisions are
also made so that these objects apply to bridges connected by
subnetworks other than LAN segments.  This memo also includes several
MIB modules in a manner that is compliant to the SNMPv2 SMI [5].

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-bridge-bridgemib-02.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bridge-bridgemib-02.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bridge-bridgemib-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.