Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-urn-ietf-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 10:40:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Uniform Resource Names Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: A URN Namespace for IETF Documents
	Author(s)	: R. Moats
	Filename	: draft-ietf-urn-ietf-07.txt
	Pages		: 29
	Date		: 09-Oct-98
	
   A system for Uniform Resource Names (URNs) must be capable of
   supporting new naming systems.  As an example of proposing a new
   namespace, this document proposes the 'ietf' namespace.  This
   namespace consists of the RFC family of documents (RFCs, STDs, FYIs,
   and BCPs) developed by the IETF and published by the RFC Editor, the
   minutes of working groups (WG) and birds of a feather (BOF) meetings
   that occur during IETF conferences, and the Internet Drafts published
   by the Internet Drafts Editor.  Both the current URN framework and
   URN syntax support this namespace.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-urn-ietf-07.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-urn-ietf-07.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-urn-ietf-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.