Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-nossik-pax-pdl-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 10:33:50 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: PAX PDL - a non-procedural packet description language
	Author(s)	: M. Nossik, F. Welfeld, M. Richardson
	Filename	: draft-nossik-pax-pdl-00.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 19-Oct-98
	
This document describes PAX Pattern Description Language (PDL). PAX is a
special purpose language for definitions of filters (recognizers) for
sequential inputs. The language is suitable for describing pattern
matching criteria in policy-based networking devices such as QoS routers
and switches, packet filters, RMON probes, traffic shapers, etc. It pro-
vides consistent means of programming policy-based networking devices
based on different hardware and software platforms.  Programs written in
PAX can be built incrementally, where elementary patterns can be used as
building blocks for more complex ones. The language encourages modular
and object-oriented design.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-nossik-pax-pdl-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nossik-pax-pdl-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-nossik-pax-pdl-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.