Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipfc-fibre-channel-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 1998 10:31:35 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Over Fibre Channel Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IP and ARP over Fibre Channel
	Author(s)	: M. Rajagopal, R. Bhagwat, W. Rickard
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipfc-fibre-channel-02.txt
	Pages		: 37
	Date		: 01-Oct-98
	
   Fibre Channel (FC) is a high speed serial interface technology that
   supports several higher layer protocols including Small Computer
   System Interface (SCSI) and Internet Protocol(IP). Until now, SCSI
   has been the only widely used protocol over FC. Existing FC standards
   [3] do not adequately specify how IP packets may be transported over
   FC and how IP addresses are resolved to FC addresses. The purpose of
   this document is to specify a way of encapsulating IP and Address
   Resolution Protocol(ARP) over Fibre Channel and also to describe a
   mechanism(s) for IP address resolution.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipfc-fibre-channel-02.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipfc-fibre-channel-02.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipfc-fibre-channel-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.