Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pkix-roadmap-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 10:21:11 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) 
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure PKIX Roadmap
	Author(s)	: A. Arsenault, S. Turner
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pkix-roadmap-00.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 30-Sep-98
	
This document provides an overview or 'roadmap' of the work done by the
IETF PKIX working group.  It describes some of the terminology used in
the working group's documents, and the theory behind an X.509-based PKI.
It identifies each document developed by the PKIX working group, and
describes the relationships among the various document.  It also
provides advice to would-be PKIX implementors about some of the issues
discussed at length during PKIX development, in hopes of making it
easier to build implementations that will actually interoperate.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pkix-roadmap-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-roadmap-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-roadmap-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.