Subject: RFC 2468 on I REMEMBER IANA

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 12:19:21 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

	RFC 2468:

        Title:	    I REMEMBER IANA    
	Author(s):  V. Cerf
	Status:     Informational
	Date:       October 1998
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
	Pages:      4
        Characters: 8543	
        Updates/Obsoletes/See Also: None
        I-D Tag:    None

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2468.txt

Jon, our beloved IANA, is gone.  Even as I write these words I cannot
quite grasp this stark fact.  We had almost lost him once before in
1991.  Surely we knew he was at risk as are we all.  But he had been
our rock, the foundation on which our every web search and email was
built, always there to mediate the random dispute, to remind us when
our documentation did not do justice to its subject, to make difficult
decisions with apparent ease, and to consult when careful
consideration was needed.  We will survive our loss and we will
remember.  He has left a monumental legacy for all Internauts to
contemplate.  Steadfast service for decades, moving when others seemed
paralyzed, always finding the right course in a complex minefield of
technical and sometimes political obstacles.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.