Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-shockey-ipp2ifax-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 09:59:45 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The Use of the Internet Print Protocol [IPP] 
                          as a Facsimile Service
	Author(s)	: R. Shockey
	Filename	: draft-shockey-ipp2ifax-00.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 26-Oct-98
	
This memorandum discusses the use of the Internet Print Protocol
[IPP] as a facsimile service. IPP has most of the functional
attributes necessary to be a successful real time facsimile
service on the Internet with little or no modification to the
core IPP V 1.0 protocols [IPP-MOD] [IPP-PRO].
 
IPP compliance with the legal and general custom and practice
surrounding General Switched Telephone Network[FAX] will require
some modification to the behavior of IPP clients and the common
usage of time/date stamping on IPP transactions and logs.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-shockey-ipp2ifax-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shockey-ipp2ifax-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-shockey-ipp2ifax-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.