Subject: Protocol Action: RTP Payload Format for JPEG-compressed Video to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 07:15:20 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'RTP Payload Format for
JPEG-compressed Video' <draft-ietf-avt-jpeg-new-02.txt> as a Proposed
Standard.  This document is the product of the Audio/Video Transport
Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are Scott Bradner and Vern
Paxson.
 
Technical Summary
 
This document defines a format for transmitting JPEG-compressed
video streams over RTP.  It includes mechanisms for fragmenting
frames across multiple packets, inserting restart markers into
the stream, and specifying quantization tables, along with sample
source code for implementing these mechanisms.  It is a revision
of RFC 2035, and replaces it on the standards track.

Working Group Summary

These revisions were presented to the AVT working group without
controversy, and completed the working group last call without negative
comments.  The document includes a summary of changes with respect
to RFC 2035.

Protocol Quality

Vern Paxson reviewed the specification for the IESG.