Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-otani-ccard-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 18:12:58 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Capability Card: An Attribute Certificate in XML
	Author(s)	: K. Otani, H. Sugano, M. Mitsuoka
	Filename	: draft-otani-ccard-00.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 19-Nov-98
	
   This document describes basic ideas and data components of
   'Capability Card,' which is a kind of attribute certificates designed
   from the standpoint of a secure communication framework on the
   Internet. Similar to the SPKI certificates, a capability card can be
   used to grant a person particular access privileges to resources like
   WWW pages, IRC channels, and message boxes.  In addition, it can
   carry a variety of descriptive information about the issuer, the
   resources, and the privileges specified in it.  A capability card is
   written in XML, which is becoming a standard format rapidly for the
   internet data exchange. Consequently, users can handle various
   information in capability cards visually with an XML viewer.  This is
   a fairly desirable feature for the existing internet services.
 
   In this document, following the motivation and the basic concepts,
   the elements of XML DTD of capability cards are described.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-otani-ccard-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-otani-ccard-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-otani-ccard-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.