Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-loukola-dynamic-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 11:37:51 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Dynamic RT/NRT PHB Group
	Author(s)	: M. Loukola, J. Ruutu, K. Kilkki
	Filename	: draft-loukola-dynamic-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 09-Nov-98
	
   This document defines a general use Differentiated Services (DS)
   [Blake] Per-Hop-Behavior (PHB) Group called Dynamic RT/NRT (DRT) PHB
   Group.  This PHB Group provides delivery of real-time and non-real-
   time IP traffic.  DRT introduces two independently forwarded classes:
   a real-time (RT) class, and a non-real-time (NRT) class.  Within each
   class an IP packet can be assigned one of six different levels of
   drop precedence.  These levels have a relative order so that a single
   service (RT / NRT) is formed inside which the packet loss of lower
   levels does not have any significant effect on upper levels.  This
   concept introduces dynamic RT and NRT services that allow the user to
   dynamically adjust the packet loss probability in response to the
   varying network load.  A DS node does not re-order IP packets of the
   same microflow if they belong to the same DRT class.  Recommended
   codepoints for this PHB Group are given.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-loukola-dynamic-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-loukola-dynamic-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-loukola-dynamic-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.