Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-moscaritolo-mione-pgpticket-01.txt (resend)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 13:45:45 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: PGPticket
	Author(s)	: V. Moscaritolo, A. Mione
	Filename	: draft-moscaritolo-mione-pgpticket-01.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 16-Nov-98
	
   OpenPGP specifies message formats and certificate formats used for
   exchange of encrypted and/or authenticated objects. This document
   discusses methods of extending OpenPGP's message formats to support
   an authorization system. This system would use public key
   cryptography to authenticate a user to a server and establish the
   user's access permissions. The concept is that the user acquires a
   ticket signed by some issuer that specifies what they are entitled to
   do. That ticket is then submitted to a server. The server uses a
   challenge/response method to verify that the holder really has the
   matching private key. The server then allows the access specified.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-moscaritolo-mione-pgpticket-01.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moscaritolo-mione-pgpticket-01.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-moscaritolo-mione-pgpticket-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.