Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-rtp-new-02.txt,.ps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 18:40:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: RTP: A Transport Protocol for Real-Time Applications
	Author(s)	: H. Schulzrinne, S. Casner, R. Frederick,  V. Jacobson 
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-rtp-new-02.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 94
	Date		: 23-Nov-98
	
         This memorandum is a revision of RFC 1889 in preparation
         for advancement from Proposed Standard to Draft Standard
         status. Readers are encouraged to use the PostScript form
         of this draft to see where changes from RFC 1889 are
         marked by change bars.
 
         This memorandum describes RTP, the real-time transport
         protocol. RTP provides end-to-end network transport
         functions suitable for applications transmitting real-
         time data, such as audio, video or simulation data, over
         multicast or unicast network services. RTP does not
         address resource reservation and does not guarantee
         quality-of-service for real-time services. The data
         transport is augmented by a control protocol (RTCP) to
         allow monitoring of the data delivery in a manner
         scalable to large multicast networks, and to provide
         minimal control and identification functionality. RTP and
         RTCP are designed to be independent of the underlying
         transport and network layers. The protocol supports the
         use of RTP-level translators and mixers.

   This specification is a product of the Audio/Video Transport working
   group within the Internet Engineering Task Force. Comments are
   solicited and should be addressed to the working group's mailing list
   at [email-masked] and/or the authors.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-avt-rtp-new-02.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-new-02.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-new-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.