Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pppext-mppp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 17:19:54 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Point-to-Point Protocol Extensions 
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Mobile PPP (MPPP)
	Author(s)	: M. Chuah, D. Grosser, G. Rai, J. Teplitsky
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pppext-mppp-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 17-Nov-98
	
This document describes a new feature for L2TP: it allows for a change
of LACs during the lifetime of a PPP session without the latency of
re-creating a new PPP session where possible. This feature is
specially useful for wireless data services where the foreign wireless
service provider (WSP) may be different than the user's home service
provider and where a user's mobility may result in a change of LAC
during an on-going PPP session. This proposal presents 3 different
methods of supporting this feature. The simplest method requires only
minor changes to both LACs and LNSs. However, it may give a larger
handover latency. The other two methods have shorter handover
latency and allow us to extend the L2TP session by an additional hop.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pppext-mppp-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-mppp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-mppp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.