Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-agapi-ini-gwloc-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 18:33:54 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Internet Telephony Gateway Location Service Protocol
	Author(s)	: C. Agapi, C. Chiu, T. Chong, H. Phillips, B. Willingham
	Filename	: draft-agapi-ini-gwloc-00.txt
	Pages		: 38
	Date		: 19-Nov-98
	
   The development of IP to PSTN gateways has made it possible for users
   of the two disparate networks to place 'telephone' calls between the
   two networks with little effort.  Users placing calls from an IP
   network to the PSTN network must choose a gateway to act as a bridge
   between the two networks.  Selection of a gateway can be based on any
   number of criteria, such as price, codecs, version, billing, etc.  In
   this draft we propose a gateway location service for this purpose.
   The gateway location service protocol is an instantiation of the
   Service Location Protocol that has been modified to run in a wide
   area network across many administrative domains.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-agapi-ini-gwloc-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-agapi-ini-gwloc-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-agapi-ini-gwloc-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.