Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-profile-new-04.txt,.ps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 18:29:30 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: RTP Profile for Audio and Video Conferences 
                          with Minimal Control
	Author(s)	: H. Schulzrinne
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-profile-new-04.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 32
	Date		: 23-Nov-98
	
         This memorandum is a revision of RFC 1890 in preparation
         for advancement from Proposed Standard to Draft Standard
         status. Readers are encouraged to use the PostScript form
         of this draft to see where changes from RFC 1890 are
         marked by change bars. The revision process is not yet
         complete; some changes which have been discussed and
         tentatively accepted in meetings of the Audio/Video
         Transport working group have not yet been incorporated
         into this draft.
 
         This document describes a profile called 'RTP/AVP' for
         the use of the real-time transport protocol (RTP),
         version 2, and the associated control protocol, RTCP,
         within audio and video multiparticipant conferences with
         minimal control. It provides interpretations of generic
         fields within the RTP specification suitable for audio
         and video conferences. In particular, this document
         defines a set of default mappings from payload type
         numbers to encodings.
 
         This document also describes how audio and video data may
         be carried within RTP. It defines a set of standard
         encodings and their names when used within RTP. However,
         the encoding definitions are independent of the
         particular transport mechanism used. The descriptions
         provide pointers to reference implementations and the
         detailed standards. This document is meant as an aid for
         implementors of audio, video and other real-time
         multimedia applications.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-avt-profile-new-04.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-profile-new-04.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-profile-new-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.