Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kitamura-socks-ipv6-trans-arch-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 11:44:16 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A SOCKS-based IPv6/IPv4 Translator Architecture
	Author(s)	: H. Kitamura
	Filename	: draft-kitamura-socks-ipv6-trans-arch-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 16-Nov-98
	
   This document describes an IPv6/IPv4 Translator architecture that is
   based on the SOCKSv5 [RFC1928] mechanism. In this architecture, the
   SOCKS mechanism is extended by adding adaptive address family
   distinguish functions for supporting heterogeneous communications. By
   applying the mechanism together with protocol conversion functions,
   the IPv6/IPv4 Translator architecture is accomplished. This
   Translator provides communications between IPv6 and IPv4 nodes
   without sacrificing any convenience and functionalities of current
   communication methods. It is NOT necessary to modify the current DNS
   system at all. Only socksify environment is needed to communicate
   between IPv6 and IPv4 nodes.
 
   By using multiple chained Translators, a tunneling-like communication
   topology can be realized. With the architecture, there is no
   vulnerability of the packet fragmentation, and the connection can be
   authenticated by the native SOCKS authentication methods.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kitamura-socks-ipv6-trans-arch-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kitamura-socks-ipv6-trans-arch-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kitamura-socks-ipv6-trans-arch-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.