Subject: Protocol Action: Gateways and MIME Security Multiparts to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 08:33:40 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Gateways and MIME Security
Multiparts' <draft-freed-gatesec-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard.  This
document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Keith Moore and Patrik Faltstrom.

Note that version -02 was last called. The changes in -03 reflect issues
brought up during last call.

Technical Summary

  This paper describes a set of requirements on a gateway between a MIME and a
  non-MIME environment, when dealing with MIME security multiparts, as
  defined in RFC 1847, for both encrypted and signed messages, incoming and
  outgoing.

Working Group Summary

  This is not the result of a working group, but the document has been
  reviewed in the IETF community, including on MIME-related mailing lists,
  and at a specific mailrelated issues BOF at the 42nd IETF in Chicago, USA.

Protocol Quality

  The specification was reviewed by Patrik Faltstrom.