Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-reedsolomon-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 09:49:08 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: An RTP Payload Format for Reed Solomon Codes
	Author(s)	: J. Rosenberg, H. Schulzrinne
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-reedsolomon-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 10-Nov-98
	
         This document specifies a payload format for forward
         error correction of media encapsulated in RTP using Reed
         Solomon codes. The payload format allows end systems to
         transmit using arbitrary block lengths and codes. It also
         allows for the recovery of both the payload and critical
         RTP header fields. Since FEC is sent as a separate
         stream, it is backwards compatible with non-FEC capable
         hosts, so that receivers which do not wish to implement
         FEC can just ignore the extensions.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-avt-reedsolomon-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-reedsolomon-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-reedsolomon-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.