Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipngwg-6over4-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 1998 09:20:55 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPNG Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Transmission of IPv6 over IPv4 Domains 
                          without Explicit Tunnels
	Author(s)	: B. Carpenter, C. Jung
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipngwg-6over4-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 29-Oct-98
	
   This memo specifies the frame format for transmission of IPv6 [IPV6]
   packets and the method of forming IPv6 link-local addresses over IPv4
   domains.  It also specifies the content of the Source/Target Link-
   layer Address option used in the Router Solicitation, Router
   Advertisement, Neighbor Solicitation, and Neighbor Advertisement
   and Redirect messages, when those messages are transmitted on an
   IPv4 network.
 
   The motivation for this method is to allow isolated IPv6 hosts,
   located on a physical link which has no directly connected IPv6
   router, to become fully functional IPv6 hosts by using an IPv4
   domain that supports IPv4 multicast as their virtual local
   link. It uses IPv4 multicast as a 'virtual Ethernet.'

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipngwg-6over4-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-6over4-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-6over4-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.