Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jawanda-sdow-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 11:02:07 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Mobile Service Discovery Over Wireless Links
	Author(s)	: J. Jawanda
	Filename	: draft-jawanda-sdow-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 18-Nov-98
	
In this document, a concept of main directory agent (MDA) is introduced.
The main directory agent utilizes conjoined operations of Mobile IP and
SLP including new proposed extensions. The MDA expedites service &
location discovery process for mobile hosts and provides local system
administrators with control over the usage of deployed services. It
provides a mechanism for local system administrators to enforce local
policies for the allocation of local access resources when desired.
 
The MDA based service discovery by mobile hosts is particularly
effective in the case of wireless networks. Wireless links have
substantially lower bandwidth, suffer from higher error rates and need
to support higher mobility of hosts/data terminals compared to wired
links (e.g. LAN). Thus, to disseminate any information to mobile hosts
over the wireless links the multicasting or broadcasting paradigm
should be used sparingly.
 
In view of this, optional extensions to Mobile IP and SLP protocol are
recommended and discussed in this document. Again, the intent is to
make the overall service discovery process expeditious and effective
for mobile hosts.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-jawanda-sdow-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jawanda-sdow-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jawanda-sdow-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.