Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-greis-aggregation-with-pbac-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 11:58:52 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Aggregation of Internet Integrated Services State 
                          using Parameter-based Admission Control
	Author(s)	: M. Greis, M. Albrecht
	Filename	: draft-greis-aggregation-with-pbac-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 16-Nov-98
	
   Aggregation has been proposed as one possible solution to the
   scalability problem of the Internet Integrated Services. The current
   suggestions for aggregation are based on measurement-based admission
   control, which allows for the omission of RSVP soft state in the
   interior routers of an aggregating domain.
 
   However, measurement-based admission control has certain flaws which
   may lead to over-reservations on links in the network under certain
   conditions. This can result in packet losses for reserved traffic.
   Hence, we believe that it will be necessary to discuss the
   possibility of using parameter-based admission control with
   aggregation.
 
   In this document, we present a technique for using parameter-based
   admission control with aggregation as a basis for further
   discussions, and we evaluate possible advantages and disadvantages.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-greis-aggregation-with-pbac-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-greis-aggregation-with-pbac-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-greis-aggregation-with-pbac-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.