Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-fax-eifax-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 10:46:16 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Fax Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Extended Facsimile Using Internet Mail
	Author(s)	: L. Masinter, D. Wing
	Filename	: draft-ietf-fax-eifax-11.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 12-Nov-98
	
   This document describes extensions to 'Simple Mode of Facsimile Using
   Internet Mail' [RFC2305] and describes additional features, including
   transmission of enhanced document characteristics (higher resolution,
   color) and confirmation of delivery and processing.
 
   These additional features are designed to provide the highest level
   of interoperability with the existing and future standards-compliant
   email infrastructure and mail user agents, while providing a level of
   service that approximates the level currently enjoyed by fax users.

   NOTE:  The authors of this document have recently been made aware of
   several intellectual property claims that relate to the technology
   described in this document, including US patents 5812278 and 5805298.
   This disclosure is being made according to the rules laid out in RFC
   2026 and 2028, where contributors are required to disclose the
   existence of any proprietary or intellectual property rights in the
   contribution that are reasonably and personally known to the
   contributor. These intellectual property claims may interfere with
   this specification moving forward along standards track.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-fax-eifax-11.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fax-eifax-11.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fax-eifax-11.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.