Subject: Protocol Action: Definitions of Managed Objects for DS1,DS2, and DS3 to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 09:30:09 -0500

The IESG has approved publication of the following Internet-Drafts as
Proposed Standards:

 o Definitions of Managed Objects for the DS1, E1, DS2 and E2 Interface
   Types
	<draft-ietf-trunkmib-ds1-mib-09.txt> 
 o Definitions of Managed Objects for the DS3/E3 Interface Type 
	<draft-ietf-trunkmib-ds3-mib-09.txt> 

These documents are the product of the DS1/DS3 MIB Working Group.
The IESG contact persons are Jeffrey Burgan and Thomas Narten.

Technical Summary
 
  These documents define a portion of the Management Information Base
  (MIB) for use with network management protocols in the Internet
  community. The first one describes objects used for managing DS1, E1,
  DS2 and E2 interfaces while the second one describes objects used for
  managing DS3 and E3 interfaces.

  These documents specify a MIB module in a manner that is both
  compliant with the SNMPv2 SMI, and semantically identical to the peer
  SNMPv1 definitions.

Working Group Summary

  The Working Group came to consensus and there were no significant
  changes as the result of the working group last call.

Protocol Quality

  This document was reviewed for the IESG by Evan McGinnis. This
  document has further been reviewed by Jeffrey Burgan and Thomas
  Narten of the IESG.