Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-svrloc-api-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 17:20:46 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Service Location Protocol Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: An API for Service Location
	Author(s)	: J. Kempf, E. Guttman
	Filename	: draft-ietf-svrloc-api-07.txt
	Pages		: 89
	Date		: 17-Nov-98
	
   The Service Location Protocol (SLP) provides a new way for clients to
   dynamically discovery network services.  With SLP, it is simple to
   offer highly available services that require no user configuration or
   assistance from network administrators prior to use.  This document
   describes standardized APIs for SLP in C and Java.  The APIs are
   modular and are designed to allow implementions to offer just the
   feature set needed.  In addition, standardized file formats for
   configuration and serialized registrations are defined, allowing SLP
   agents to set network and other parameters in a portable way.  The
   serialized file format allows legacy services to be registered with
   SLP directory agents in cases where modifying the legacy service
   program code is difficult or impossible, and to portably exchange a
   registration database.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-svrloc-api-07.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-svrloc-api-07.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-svrloc-api-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.