Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rap-rsvp-identity-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 18:48:03 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the RSVP Admission Policy Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Identity Representation for RSVP
	Author(s)	: S. Yadav, R. Pabbati, T. Moore, S. Herzog
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rap-rsvp-identity-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 23-Nov-98
	
   This document describes the representation of identity information
   in POLICY_DATA object [POL-EXT] for supporting policy based
   admission control in RSVP. The goal of identity representation is to
   allow a process on a system to securely identify the owner of the
   communicating process (e.g. user id) and convey this information in
   RSVP messages (PATH or RESV) in a secure manner. We describe the
   encoding of  identities as RSVP policy element. We describe the
   processing rules to generate identity policy elements for multicast
   merged flows. Subsequently, we describe representations of user
   identities for Kerberos and Public Key based user authentication
   mechanisms. In summary we describe the use of this identity
   information in an operational setting.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rap-rsvp-identity-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rap-rsvp-identity-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rap-rsvp-identity-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.