Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipngwg-router-renum-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 09:49:19 -0500

Note: This revision reflects comments received during the last call period.

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPNG Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Router Renumbering for IPv6
	Author(s)	: M. Crawford
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipngwg-router-renum-06.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 10-Nov-98
	
    IPv6 Neighbor Discovery and Address Autoconfiguration conveniently
    make initial assignments of address prefixes to hosts.  Aside from
    the problem of connection survival across a renumbering event, these
    two mechanisms also simplify the reconfiguration of hosts when the
    set of valid prefixes changes.
 
    This document defines a mechanism called Router Renumbering ('RR')
    which allows address prefixes on routers to be configured and
    reconfigured almost as easily as the combination of Neighbor
    Discovery and Address Autoconfiguration works for hosts.  It
    provides a means for a network manager to make updates to the
    prefixes used by and advertised by IPv6 routers throughout a site.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipngwg-router-renum-06.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-router-renum-06.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-router-renum-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.