Subject: RFC 2443 on MARS Service Using SCSP

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 14:35:22 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2443:

        Title:	    A Distributed MARS Service Using SCSP
	Author(s):  J. Luciani, A. Gallo
	Status:     Experimental
	Date:       November 1998
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
	Pages:      18
        Characters: 41451
        Updates/Obsoletes/See Also: None
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ion-scsp-mars-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2443.txt

This document describes a method for distributing a MARS service
within a LIS[1].  This method uses the Server Cache Synchronization
Protocol (SCSP)[2] to synchronize the MARS Server databases within a
LIS.  When SCSP is used to synchronize the caches of MARS Servers in
a LIS, the LIS defines the boundary of an SCSP Server Group (SG).
 
This document is a product of the Internetworking over NBMA Working
Group of the IETF.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.