Subject: WG REVIEW: IS-IS for IP Internets (isis)

From: Steve Coya <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 1998 14:07:48 -0500

A new working group has been proposed in the Routing Area of the
IETF. The proposed charter is submitted for your review and comment.

IS-IS for IP Internets (isis)
-----------------------------

 Current Status: Proposed Working Group

Description of Working Group:
 
IS-IS is an IGP specified and standarized by ISO and incorporating 
extensions to support IP. It has been deployed successfully in the 
Internet for several years years. The IS-IS Working Group is chartered 
to document current protocol implementation practices and improvements, 
as well as to propose further extensions to be used within the scope of 
IS-IS and IP routing. Short term, the WG is expected to deliver a set of 
documents describing common implementation practices and extensions 
necessary to scale the protocol. These specifications will encourage 
multiple, inter-operable vendor implementations.

This working group will interact with other standards bodies that have
responsibility for standardizing IS-IS.
 
 Goals and Milestones: 
 
   Dec 98       Submit I-D on IETF recommendations for improvements to IS-IS   

   Dec 98       Submit I-D on IETF comments on the proposed second edition of 
                IS-IS                                                          

   Dec 98       Submit I-D on IS-IS Traffic Engineering Extensions             

   Dec 98       Submit I-D on IS-IS HMAC-MD5 Authentication                    

   Dec 98       Submit I-D on IS-IS over IPv4                                  

   Dec 98       Submit I-D on Maintaining more than 255 adjacencies in IS-IS   

   Dec 98       Submit I-D on Optional Checksums on IIHs, CSNPs, and PSNPs in 
                IS-IS                                                          

   Mar 99       Submit I-D on IS-IS MIB                                        

   Mar 99       Submit IETF recommendations for improvements to IS-IS to IESG 
                for publication as an Informational RFC.                       

   Mar 99       Submit IS-IS Traffic Engineering Extensions to IESG for 
                publication as an Informational RFC                            

   Mar 99       Submit IS-IS over IPv4 to IESG for publication as an 
                Informational RFC                                              

   Mar 99       Submit IS-IS HMAC-MD5 Authentication to IESG for publication as
                an Informational RFC                                           

   Mar 99       Submit Maintaining more than 255 adjacencies in IS-IS to IESG 
                for publication as an Informational RFC                        

   Mar 99       Submit Optional Checksums on IIHs, CSNPs, and PSNPs in IS-IS to
                IESG for publication as an Informational RFC                   

   Mar 99       Review WG's priorities and future potential                    

   Jul 99       Submit IS-IS MIB to IESG for consideration as a Proposed 
                Standard.