Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pppext-aodi-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 11:02:26 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Point-to-Point Protocol Extensions 
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Always On Dynamic ISDN (AODI).
	Author(s)	: A. Kuzma, M. Holdrege
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pppext-aodi-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 18-Nov-98
	
    Always On/Dynamic ISDN (AO/DI) is a networking service that provides
    an always-available connection to TCP/IP-based services through a
    specific wide area connection. This service provides several
    advantages over current practices for dial-up access to Internet
    services.
 
    * For the end-user, there is no need to dial-up the service each
    time access is desired.
 
    * For the Internet service provider, it is possible to give the
    end-user a notification, such as the arrival of new mail.
 
    * For the Local Exchange Carrier, the switched circuit trunk
    utilization is more efficient.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pppext-aodi-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-aodi-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-aodi-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.