Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-iesg-http-cookies-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 18:36:43 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IESG.

	Title		: Applicability Statement for HTTP State Management
	Author(s)	: K. Moore
	Filename	: draft-iesg-http-cookies-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 23-Nov-98
	
The mechanisms described in 'HTTP State Management Mechanism' [RFC-
XXXX]  and  its  predecessor  [RFC-2109], can be used for many different
purposes.  Even though this protocol has been approved for the  Internet
standards track, some current and potential uses of the protocol are not
within the scope of the standard approved by IESG.  This memo identifies
specific  uses  of  HTTP  State Management protocol which are either (a)
nonstandard and thus  not  recommended  by  IETF,  or  (b)  nonstandard,
believed  to  be  harmful,  and  discouraged.   This  memo  also details
additional privacy considerations which are  not  covered  by  the  HTTP
State Management protocol specification.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-iesg-http-cookies-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iesg-http-cookies-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-iesg-http-cookies-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.