Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-yliteo-mobileip-paid-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 18:23:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IP Private Address Identification (PAID)
	Author(s)	: Y. Li, T. Teo
	Filename	: draft-yliteo-mobileip-paid-01.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 23-Nov-98
	
   This memo describes a hierarchical IP addressing scheme that provides
   end-to-end host connectivity across routing realms with overlapping
   address space. PAID agents are routers that connect an internal
   private network to the global public Internet. The PAID agents'
   public IP addresses augment the locally significant private addresses
   to form globally unique binary IP addresses for private hosts. This
   extends the IPv4 address space and allows Internet hosts to use
   private instead of public IP addresses for global Internet
   communication. The proposal does not need any changes to the current
   routing infrastruture but requires an extension to the end hosts'
   network socket descriptors and the domain name system.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-yliteo-mobileip-paid-01.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yliteo-mobileip-paid-01.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-yliteo-mobileip-paid-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.