Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pppext-l2tp-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 1998 11:35:51 -0500

Note: This revision reflects comments received during the last call period.

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Point-to-Point Protocol Extensions Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: Layer Two Tunneling Protocol 'L2TP'
	Author(s)	: A. Valencia, K. Hamzeh, A. Rubens,
                          T. Kolar, M. Littlewood, W. Townsley,  
                          J. Taarud, G. Pall, W. Palter, 
                          W. Verthein
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pppext-l2tp-12.txt
	Pages		: 93
	Date		: 06-Nov-98
	
   Virtual dial-up allows many separate and autonomous protocol domains
   to share common access infrastructure including modems, Access
   Servers, and ISDN routers.  RFC 1661 specifies multi-protocol dial-up
   via PPP [1].  This document describes the Layer Two Tunneling
   Protocol (L2TP) which permits the tunneling of the link layer (i.e.,
   HDLC, async HDLC) of PPP.  Using such tunnels, it is possible to
   divorce the location of the initial dial-up server from the location
   at which the dial-up protocol connection is terminated and access to
   the network provided.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pppext-l2tp-12.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-l2tp-12.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-l2tp-12.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.