Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipp-protocol-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 18:12:39 -0500

Note: This revision reflects comments received during the last call period.

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Printing Protocol Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: Internet Printing Protocol/1.0: Encoding and Transport
	Author(s)	: R. Herriot, S. Butler, P. Moore, R. Turner
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipp-protocol-07.txt
	Pages		: 31
	Date		: 20-Nov-98
	
This document is one of a set of documents, which together describe all
aspects of a new Internet Printing Protocol (IPP). IPP is an application
level protocol that can be used for distributed printing using Internet
tools and technologies. This document defines the rules for encoding IPP
operations and IPP attributes into a new Internet mime media type called
'application/ipp'.  This document also defines the rules for
transporting over HTTP a message body whose Content-Type is
'application/ipp'.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipp-protocol-07.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-protocol-07.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-protocol-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.