Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-needleman-mime-ill-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 09:49:04 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: MIME Types for Use with the ISO ILL Protocol
	Author(s)	: R. Moulton, M. Needleman
	Filename	: draft-needleman-mime-ill-02.txt
	Pages		: 3
	Date		: 02-Nov-98
	
This memorandum describes a set of MIME types for use with the ISO
Interlibrary Loan Protocol (ISO 10160/10161). Two MIME types are specified
below.
 
 The first is a media type to carry objects which are  BER [BER]  encoded
ISO ILL Protocol Data Units (PDU's). BER are the basic Encoding Rules used
to encode  PDU's which have been described using ASN.1 (Abstract Syntax
Notation 1) [ASN.1] .
 
The second is for use with the associated document delivery instructions.
Document Delivery Instructions (DDI) is an emerging protocol which enables
automatic electronic delivery of items. It allows a request management
system (which might have received a request for an item via the ISO
Interlibrary Loan Protocol (ISO 10160/10161))  to pass details of the
request, item, and delivery, to a delivery module, and to receive back
reports on the delivery process or arrival of an item. It is currently
being submitted to the ISO TC46/SC4/WG4 committee for approval as an ISO
standard.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-needleman-mime-ill-02.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-needleman-mime-ill-02.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-needleman-mime-ill-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.