Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-manet-aodv-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 18:00:30 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Ad Hoc On Demand Distance Vector (AODV) Routing
	Author(s)	: C. Perkins, E. Royer
	Filename	: draft-ietf-manet-aodv-02.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 20-Nov-98
	
   The Ad Hoc On-Demand Distance Vector (AODV) routing protocol is
   intended for use by mobile nodes in an ad hoc network characterized
   by frequent changes in link connectivity to each other caused
   by relative movement.  It offers quick adaptation to dynamic
   link conditions, low processing and memory overhead, low network
   utilization, and establishment of both unicast and multicast routes
   between sources and destinations which are loop free at all times.
   It makes use of destination sequence numbers, which are a novel means
   of ensuring loop freedom even in the face of anomalous delivery of
   routing control messages, and solving classical problems associated
   with distance vector protocols, including the problem of ``counting
   to infinity''.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-manet-aodv-02.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-aodv-02.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-aodv-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.