Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-cat-gssv2-cbind-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 10:37:08 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Authentication Technology Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: Generic Security Service API Version 2 : C-bindings
	Author(s)	: J. Wray
	Filename	: draft-ietf-cat-gssv2-cbind-08.txt
	Pages		: 103
	Date		: 11-Nov-98
	
     This draft document specifies C language bindings for Version 2 of
     the Generic Security Service Application Program Interface (GSS-API),
     which is described at a language-independent conceptual level in
     other drafts [GSSAPI]. It revises RFC-1509, making specific
     incremental changes in response to implementation experience and
     liaison requests.  It is intended, therefore, that this draft or a
     successor version thereof will become the basis for subsequent
     progression of the GSS-API specification on the standards track.
 
     The Generic Security Service Application Programming Interface
     provides security services to its callers, and is intended for
     implementation atop a variety of underlying cryptographic mechanisms.
     Typically, GSS-API callers will be application protocols into which
     security enhancements are integrated through invocation of services
     provided by the GSS-API. The GSS-API allows a caller application to
     authenticate a principal identity associated with a peer application,
     to delegate rights to a peer, and to apply security services such as
     confidentiality and integrity on a per-message basis.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-cat-gssv2-cbind-08.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-gssv2-cbind-08.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-gssv2-cbind-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.