Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pppext-l2tpmsgext-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 17:19:16 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Point-to-Point Protocol Extensions 
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Framework for L2TP Message Extensions
	Author(s)	: R. Shea
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pppext-l2tpmsgext-00.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 17-Nov-98
	
   The Layer Two Tunneling Protocol (L2TP) defines mechanisms for
   extensibility.  The mechanisms provided are for Attribute-Value
   Pair (AVP) fields received in control messages to be set as
   Mandatory or not.  This document specifies a mechanism whereby an
   L2TP implementation can signal its support of the set of L2TP
   extensions that it supports.  This then allows the L2TP
   implementations to use extensions such as L2TP message types not
   defined in [1], the presence of existing AVPs in messages they are
   not currently defined to be in, and the definition of new AVPs that
   can be marked as Mandatory, beyond those defined in [1].

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pppext-l2tpmsgext-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-l2tpmsgext-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-l2tpmsgext-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.