Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tcpsat-res-issues-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 17:59:26 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Over Satellite Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Ongoing TCP Research Related to Satellites
	Author(s)	: M. Allman, S. Dawkins, D. Glover, J. Griner,
                          T. Henderson, J. Heidemann, H. Kruse, S. Ostermann, 
                          K. Scott, J. Semke, J. Touch, D. Tran
	Filename	: draft-ietf-tcpsat-res-issues-05.txt
	Pages		: 37
	Date		: 20-Nov-98
	
    This document outlines TCP mechanisms that may help better utilize
    the available bandwidth in TCP transfers over long-delay satellite
    channels.  The work outlined in this document is preliminary and has
    not yet been judged to be safe for use in the shared Internet.  In
    addition, some of the work outlined in this document has been shown
    to be unsafe for shared networks, but may be acceptable for use in
    private networks.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-tcpsat-res-issues-05.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpsat-res-issues-05.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpsat-res-issues-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.