Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-quinn-multicast-apps-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 11:59:20 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IP Multicast Applications:  Challenges and Solutions
	Author(s)	: B. Quinn
	Filename	: draft-quinn-multicast-apps-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 16-Nov-98
	
   This document highlights the challenges of creating multicast
   applications, and describes the solutions available or under
   development.  It provides a taxonomy of multicast applications in
   terms of their requirements, and discusses some existing multicast-
   based protocols.  Many of the solutions--especially in the areas of
   reliable multicast data delivery, congestion control, and security--
   have not yet emerged from the research realms.  We describe the
   general state of on-going research in these areas, highlighting the
   strategies under investigation.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-quinn-multicast-apps-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-quinn-multicast-apps-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-quinn-multicast-apps-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.