Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pint-pre-implement-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 10:12:43 -0500

Note: This revision reflects comments received during the last call period.

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the PSTN and Internet Internetworking Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: Toward the PSTN/Internet Inter-Networking 
                          --Pre-PINT Implementations
	Author(s)	: H. Lu, M. Krishnaswamy, L. Conroy, S. Bellovin,
                          F. Burg, T. DeSimone, K. Tewani, 
                          P. Davidson, H. Schulzrinne, K. Vishwanathan 
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pint-pre-implement-03.txt
	Pages		: 53
	Date		: 02-Nov-98
	
   This document contains the information relevant to the development of
   the inter-networking interfaces underway in the Public Switched
   Telephone Network (PSTN)/Internet Inter-Networking (PINT) Working
   Group. It addresses technologies, architectures, and several (but by
   no means all) existing pre-PINT implementations of the arrangements
   through which Internet applications can request and enrich PSTN
   telecommunications services. The common denominator of the enriched
   services (a.k.a. PINT services) is that they combine the Internet and
   PSTN services in such a way that the Internet is used for non-voice
   interactions, while the voice (and fax) are carried entirely over the
   PSTN. One key observation is that the pre-PINT implementations, being
   developed independently, do not inter-operate. It is a task of the
   PINT Working Group to define the inter-networking interfaces that
   will support inter-operation of the future implementations of PINT
   services.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pint-pre-implement-03.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pint-pre-implement-03.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pint-pre-implement-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.