Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ippm-rt-delay-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 18:44:44 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: A Round-trip Delay Metric for IPPM
	Author(s)	: G. Almes, S. Kalidindi, M. Zekauskas
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ippm-rt-delay-00.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 23-Nov-98
	
   This memo defines a metric for round-trip delay of packets across
   Internet paths.  It builds on notions introduced and discussed in the
   IPPM Framework document, RFC 2330 [1], and follows closely the
   corresponding metric for One-way Delay ('A One-way Delay Metric for
   IPPM' <draft-ietf-ippm-delay-05.txt>) [2]; the reader is assumed to
   be familiar with those documents.
 
   The memo was largely written by copying material from the One-way
   Delay metric.  The intention is that, where the two metrics are
   similar, they will be described with similar or identical text, and
   that where the two metrics differ, new or modified text will be used.
 
   This memo is intended to be parallel in structure to a future
   companion document for Packet Loss.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ippm-rt-delay-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-rt-delay-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-rt-delay-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.