Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mcgrew-tss7s-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 18:13:34 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Transport SS7 Signalling Over IP
	Author(s)	: M. McGrew
	Filename	: draft-mcgrew-tss7s-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 19-Nov-98
	
This document proposes the transport of SS7 signalling messages
over IP in a way that utilizes the existing SS7 network (MTP and
SCCP) layers to ensure 'carrier class' service as expected by
existing users of SS7.  The transport of SS7 user information
could use TCP connections or UDP. The SS7 signalling messages
would include ISUP or SCCP or, if the network services are not
needed, could include only TCAP. Work should begin to define the
necessary adaptation layers to make these transport methods
possible.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-mcgrew-tss7s-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mcgrew-tss7s-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mcgrew-tss7s-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.