Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-roamops-nai-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 17:56:50 -0500

Note: This revision reflects comments received during the last call period.

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Roaming Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The Network Access Identifier
	Author(s)	: B. Aboba, M. Beadles
	Filename	: draft-ietf-roamops-nai-12.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 20-Nov-98
	
     In order to enhance the interoperability of roaming and tunneling ser-
     vices,  it  is desirable to have a standardized method for identifying
     users.  This document proposes syntax for the Network  Access  Identi-
     fier  (NAI), the userID submitted by the client during PPP authentica-
     tion. It is expected that this will be  of  interest  for  support  of
     roaming  as  well  as  tunneling.  'Roaming capability' may be loosely
     defined as the ability to use any one  of  multiple  Internet  service
     providers  (ISPs),  while  maintaining a formal, customer-vendor rela-
     tionship with only one.  Examples of where roaming capabilities  might
     be  required  include  ISP 'confederations' and ISP-provided corporate
     network access support.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-roamops-nai-12.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-roamops-nai-12.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-roamops-nai-12.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.