Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-cromwell-navdec-media-req-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 1998 11:37:30 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Requirements For Control Of A Media Services Function
	Author(s)	: D. Cromwell, M. Durling
	Filename	: draft-cromwell-navdec-media-req-00.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 06-Nov-98
	
   This document describes the functional requirements for protocol used
   by a call processing agent in a packet network to control an media
   services function located in the same packet network or at the inter-
   face of the packet network and the traditional telephone network. The
   primary focus of the protocol is on audio, however the protocol could
   be extended in the future to support other media streams such as
   video.
 
   The protocol provides the standard audio operations of play audio,
   collect DTMF,  and record speech. It supports direct references to
   simple audio as well as indirect references to simple and complex
   audio. It provides multi-language audio variables, interruptibility
   of audio, digit buffer control, special key sequences, and support
   for reprompting during data collection.

   The approach used in specifying protocol functionality was to look at
   several existing protocols currently in use in the telephone network,
   taking the best concepts from each and attempting to avoid any limi-
   tations.  The following protocols were examined:  ITU CS1-R [2], Nor-
   tel Extended CS1-R [3], Bellcore GR-1129 [4], and Bellcore SR-3511
   [5].  The protocol described in this document provides at a minimum a
   superset of the functionality of these protocols.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-cromwell-navdec-media-req-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cromwell-navdec-media-req-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-cromwell-navdec-media-req-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.