Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-manet-appl-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 09:47:36 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: MANET Routing Protocol Applicability Statement
	Author(s)	: S. Corson
	Filename	: draft-ietf-manet-appl-00.txt
	Pages		: 3
	Date		: 02-Nov-98
	
   This memo puts forth a set of questions regarding Mobile Ad hoc
   Network (MANET) routing protocol functionality and applicability.
   Authors of MANET routing protocol draft submissions are requested to
   include these questions (and corresponding answers) in a section in
   their submissions.  The intent of this 'Applicability Section' is to
   aid readers unfamiliar with the details of each protocol's design in
   understanding the protocol's basic characteristics, functioning and
   mechanisms, as well as to provide a general description of the
   networking context for which the protocol was designed, and in which
   it is expected to perform well.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-manet-appl-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-appl-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-appl-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.