Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sinnreich-sigdevctrl-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 11:58:58 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Service Requirements for Internet Telephony
                          Signaling and Device Control Protocols
	Author(s)	: H. Sinnreich, F. Menard
	Filename	: draft-sinnreich-sigdevctrl-00.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 16-Nov-98
	
This memorandum discusses the requirements for telephony
signaling and device control over the Internet from the
perspective of meeting the needs of Internet service providers
(ISPs) and telecom carriers wishing to provide Internet services
that include telephony. The requirements apply equally to various
Internet telephony and non-Internet telephony devices. For the
purpose of this Internet draft, the notion of telephony is
broadened to include control of other types of streaming media
sessions, such as RTSP based media server device control. Rather
than severely restricting the device control framework to a
particular set of devices, such as IP telephony gateways and
telephony network access servers, this Internet draft presents
requirements that are broad enough to satisfy the needs of any
device that is expected to provide telephony and related
services on the Internet.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-sinnreich-sigdevctrl-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sinnreich-sigdevctrl-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sinnreich-sigdevctrl-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.