Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-fec-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 09:48:50 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: An RTP Payload Format for Generic Forward 
                          Error Correction
	Author(s)	: J. Rosenberg, H. Schulzrinne
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-fec-04.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 10-Nov-98
	
   This document specifies a payload format for generic forward error
   correction of media encapsulated in RTP. It is engineered for FEC
   algorithms based on the exclusive-or (parity) operation. The payload
   format allows end systems to transmit using arbitrary block lengths
   and parity schemes. It also allows for the recovery of both the pay-
   load and critical RTP header fields. Since FEC is sent as a separate
   stream, it is backwards compatible with non-FEC capable hosts, so
   that receivers which do not wish to implement FEC can just ignore the
   extensions.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-avt-fec-04.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-fec-04.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-fec-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.