Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-http-v11-spec-rev-06.txt,.ps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 10:57:51 -0500

Note: This revision reflects comments received during the last call period.

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the HyperText Transfer Protocol Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1
	Author(s)	: R. Fielding, J. Gettys, J. Mogul, 
                          H. Nielsen, L. Masinter, P. Leach, T. Berners-Lee
	Filename	: draft-ietf-http-v11-spec-rev-06.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 166
	Date		: 24-Nov-98
	
   The Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) is an application-level
   protocol for distributed, collaborative, hypermedia information
   systems. It is a generic, stateless, protocol which can be used for^M
   many tasks beyond its use for hypertext, such as name servers and
   distributed object management systems, through extension of its
   request methods, error codes and headers [47]. A feature of HTTP is^M
   the typing and negotiation of data representation, allowing systems^M
   to be built independently of the data being transferred.
 
   HTTP has been in use by the World-Wide Web global information
   initiative since 1990. This specification defines the protocol
   referred to as 'HTTP/1.1', and is an update to RFC 2068 [33].

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-http-v11-spec-rev-06.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-http-v11-spec-rev-06.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-http-v11-spec-rev-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.