Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-guillemot-genrtp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 12:00:22 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: RTP Generic Payload with Scaleable & Flexible 
                          Error Resiliency
	Author(s)	: C. Guillemot, P. Christ, S. Wesner
	Filename	: draft-guillemot-genrtp-00.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 16-Nov-98
	
      This document describes a payload, generic in the sense of
      useable and unique for both audio, video and scene
      description streams. Relying on a simple, yet sufficient,
      fragmentation and grouping mechanism, the proposed payload
      allows for protection against packet loss, with a mechanism
      intended to be generic. This mechanism allows to avoid extra
      connection management complexity - for separate FEC channels
      - in high-number-of-streams applications. It allows the
      support of a hierarchy of error control mechanisms ('no',
      FEC, redundant data, to network characteristics.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-guillemot-genrtp-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-guillemot-genrtp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-guillemot-genrtp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.