Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipp-model-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 18:32:34 -0500

Note: This revision reflects comments received during the last call period.

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Printing Protocol Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: Internet Printing Protocol/1.0: Model and Semantics
	Author(s)	: R. deBry, T. Hastings, R. Herriot, S. Isaacson, P. Powell
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipp-model-11.txt
	Pages		: 150
	Date		: 19-Nov-98
	
This document is one of a set of documents, which together describe all
aspects of a new Internet Printing Protocol (IPP).  IPP is an
application level protocol that can be used for distributed printing
using Internet tools and technologies.  This document describes a
simplified model consisting of abstract objects, their attributes, and
their operations that is independent of encoding and transport.  The
model consists of a Printer and a Job object.  A Job optionally supports
multiple documents.  IPP 1.0 semantics allow end-users and operators to
query printer capabilities, submit print jobs, inquire about the status
of print jobs and printers, and cancel print jobs.  This document also
addresses security, internationalization, and directory issues.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipp-model-11.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-model-11.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-model-11.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.