Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipp-implementers-guide-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 18:13:13 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Printing Protocol Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: Internet Printing Protocol/1.0: Implementer's Guide
	Author(s)	: T. Hastings, C. Manros
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipp-implementers-guide-00.txt
	Pages		: 46
	Date		: 19-Nov-98
	
This document is one of a set of documents, which together describe all
aspects of a new Internet Printing Protocol (IPP).  IPP is an
application level protocol that can be used for distributed printing
using Internet tools and technologies.  This document contains
information that supplements the IPP Model and Semantics [IPP-MOD] and
the IPP Transport and Encoding [IPP-PRO] documents.  It is intended to
help implementers understand IPP/1.0 and some of the considerations that
may assist them in the design of their client and/or IPP object
implementations.  For example, a typical order of processing requests is
given, including error checking.  Motivation for some of the
specification decisions is also included.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipp-implementers-guide-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-implementers-guide-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-implementers-guide-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.