Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-rtpsample-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 09:49:50 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Sampling of the Group Membership in RTP
	Author(s)	: J. Rosenberg, H. Schulzrinne
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-rtpsample-01.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 10-Nov-98
	
         In large multicast groups, the size of the group
         membership table maintained by RTP (Real Time Transport
         Protocol) participants may become unwieldy, particularly
         for embedded devices with limited memory and processing
         power. This document discusses mechanisms for sampling of
         this group membership table in order to reduce the memory
         requirements. Several mechanisms are proposed, and the
         performance of each is considered.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-avt-rtpsample-01.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtpsample-01.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtpsample-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.