Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nntpext-dynfeed-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 11:45:43 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the NNTP Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: An NNTP Extension for Dynamic Feed Adjustment
	Author(s)	: B. Court
	Filename	: draft-ietf-nntpext-dynfeed-00.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 16-Nov-98
	
This document describes an extension to the Network News Transport
Protocol[RFC977] that allows NNTP peers to dynamically adjust
their criteria for sending network news articles to one another.
 
This extension provides only for the addition of 'negative' criteria,
i.e., criteria for articles that are not to be sent.  It is believed
that a more comprehensive scheme allowing for 'positive' criteria,
while desirable, would not receive wide deployment in the Internet
because of concerns about security and intellectual property.  The
extension described in this document does not present these concerns
and allows for gains in network efficiency.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-nntpext-dynfeed-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nntpext-dynfeed-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nntpext-dynfeed-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.