Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sanchez-CSIP-v0r0-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 18:51:33 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Connectionless SCCP over IP Adaptation Layer (CSIP)
	Author(s)	: D. Sanchez
	Filename	: draft-sanchez-CSIP-v0r0-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 23-Nov-98
	
This document describes CSIP, a protocol architecture that provides the
support of TCAP user applications over an IP network. The core part of
the CSIP architecture is the specification of the CSIP (Connectionless
SCCP over IP) adaptation layer, that provides adaptation between the
SCCP layer already defined in [2] and the IP family protocols IP, UDP,
TCP and ICMP. UDP is used when SCCP class 0 is used, TCP is used
when SCCP class 1 is used. CSIP provides the primitives and parameters
to SCCP than MTP, and provides backward compatibility that guarantees
the seamless connection between nodes implementing CSIP and classical
SS7 nodes by means of a CSIP gateway. The design of CSIP is oriented to
fulfill the requirements of TCAP user applications running on a WAN.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-sanchez-CSIP-v0r0-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sanchez-CSIP-v0r0-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sanchez-CSIP-v0r0-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.