Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-cromwell-navdec-mgcp-audio-pkg-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 17:19:24 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Syntax For The MGCP Audio Package
	Author(s)	: D. Cromwell
	Filename	: draft-cromwell-navdec-mgcp-audio-pkg-00.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 17-Nov-98
	
   The MGCP protocol describes a protocol for controlling a VOIP (Voice
   Over IP) gateway from an external call agent.  The protocol defines a
   number of event packages, each of which defines a group of events
   supporting a particular type of gateway functionality.  For example,
   there is a package for MF trunks, one for DTMF, and one for RTP.  A
   gateway may support one or more packages depending on the functional-
   ity it provides. A Residential Gateway might support the Generic
   Media, DTMF, Line, and RTP packages while an MF Trunk Gateway could
   support the Generic Media, MF, DTMF, MF Trunk, and RTP packages.
 
   This document proposes a set of IVR-related events that constitute an
   MGCP Announcement Package for use by an Announcement Server Gateway.
   This event package provides support for the standard IVR operations
   of Play Announcement, Play Collect, and Play Record.  It supports
   direct references to simple audio as well as indirect references to
   simple and complex audio. It also provides multi-language audio vari-
   ables, control of audio interruptibility, digit buffer control, spe-
   cial key sequences, and support for reprompting during data collec-
   tion.
 
Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-cromwell-navdec-mgcp-audio-pkg-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cromwell-navdec-mgcp-audio-pkg-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-cromwell-navdec-mgcp-audio-pkg-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.