Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-cat-xgssapi-acc-cntrl-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 11:44:54 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Authentication Technology Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: Extended Generic Security Service APIs: 
                          XGSS-APIs Access control and 
                          delegation extensions
	Author(s)	: T. Parker,  B. Pinkas
	Filename	: draft-ietf-cat-xgssapi-acc-cntrl-03.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 09-Nov-98
	
   The Generic Security Service Application Program Interface (GSS-
   API), as defined in RFC-1508, provides security services to callers
   in a generic fashion, supportable with a range of underlying
   mechanisms and technologies and hence allowing source-level
   portability of applications to different environments. It defines
   GSS-API services and primitives at a level independent of underlying
   mechanism and programming language environment.
 
   The GSSAPI allows a caller application to authenticate a principal
   identity associated with a peer application, to delegate rights to a
   peer, and to apply security services such as confidentiality and
   integrity on a per-message basis.
 
   The primitives of the GSS-API do not currently allow support of
   security attributes other than a single identity and do not allow
   fine control of delegation.
 
   The additional primitives described in this document provide support
   for:
 
   * the exchange of a variety of security attributes, and the
   construction of authorization functions using these attributes,
   including delegated ones, (attribute handling support functions),

   * fine control over delegation by allowing specification of the
   delegation method, the acceptor(s) of a security context, their type
   and the restrictions that may apply (acceptor control and support
   functions).

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-cat-xgssapi-acc-cntrl-03.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-xgssapi-acc-cntrl-03.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-xgssapi-acc-cntrl-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.