Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-issll-isslow-svcmap-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 11:02:32 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Integrated Services over Specific Link Layers 
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Network Element Service Specification for 
                          Low Speed Networks
	Author(s)	: S. Jackowski, D. Putzolu
	Filename	: draft-ietf-issll-isslow-svcmap-03.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 18-Nov-98
	
This document defines the service mappings for controlled load and
guaranteed services over low-bitrate networks.  These low-bitrate
networks typically include components such as analog phone lines, ISDN
connections and sub-T1 rate links. The document specifies the per-
network element packet handling behavior, parameters required, traffic
specification, policing requirements, and traffic ordering
relationships which are required to provide both Guaranteed and
Controlled Load service capabilities.  It also includes evaluation
criteria for elements providing the service.

This document is a product of the IETF ISSL working group and is based
on [1] and [2] which describe modifications to the PPP protocol to
enable these services.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-issll-isslow-svcmap-03.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-issll-isslow-svcmap-03.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-issll-isslow-svcmap-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.