Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-christ-rtsp-mpeg4-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 11:45:30 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: RTSP-based Stream Control in MPEG-4
	Author(s)	: P. Christ, C. Guillemot, S. Wesner
	Filename	: draft-christ-rtsp-mpeg4-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 16-Nov-98
	
      In order to support advanced interactivity as envisaged for
      MPEG-4 applications, this document proposes a simple  RTSP-
      based [1] streams control framework - including necessary
      extensions to RTP methods syntax and semantics.  Reflecting
      syntax and semantics of the MPEG-4 BIFS scene description
      [2], VRML nodes  [4] and the MPEG-4 media delivery framework
      (DMIF)[3], in the spirit of HTMLSMIL [5], Random Access
      Point information, Range and Time parameters are introduced
      into the relevant URL(s) and related signaling methods
      accordingly.  Two additional optional methods, R-MUTE, for
      Remote-MUTE, and RESUME are also proposed.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-christ-rtsp-mpeg4-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-christ-rtsp-mpeg4-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-christ-rtsp-mpeg4-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.