Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-cat-acc-cntrl-frmw-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 18:13:29 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Authentication Technology Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: Access Control Framework for Distributed Applications
	Author(s)	: T. Ryutov, C. Neuman
	Filename	: draft-ietf-cat-acc-cntrl-frmw-01.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 20-Nov-98
	
This document describes a unified model to support authorization in a
wide range of applications, including metacomputing, remote printing,
video conference, and any other application which will require
interactions between entities across autonomous security domains.
 
The document proposes requirements for the support of:
 
   - flexible and expressive mechanism for representing
     and evaluating security policies
 
   - uniform authorization service interface for facilitating access
     control decisions for applications and requesting access control
     information about a particular resource.
 
This specification defines structures and their uses at a level
independent of underlying mechanism and programming language environment.
This document is accompanied by a second one describing the details of
proposed structures and services along with bindings for C language
environments. This document is to be found in
draft-ietf-cat-gaa-cbind-01.txt.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-cat-acc-cntrl-frmw-01.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-acc-cntrl-frmw-01.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-acc-cntrl-frmw-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.