Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dhc-new-options-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 09:50:06 -0500

Note: This revision reflects comments received during the last call period.

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: Procedure for Defining New DHCP Options
	Author(s)	: R. Droms
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dhc-new-options-05.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 10-Nov-98
	
The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) provides a framework for 
passing configuration information to hosts on a TCP/IP network.
Configuration parameters and other control information are carried in
tagged data items that are stored in the 'options' field of the DHCP
message.  The data items themselves are also called 'options.'
 
New DHCP options may be defined after the publication of the DHCP
specification to accommodate requirements for conveyance of 
new configuration parameters.  This document describes the procedure for
defining new DHCP options.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dhc-new-options-05.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-new-options-05.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-new-options-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.