Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-wu-mpls-ldp-state-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 10:14:54 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: LDP State Machine
	Author(s)	: L. Wu, P. Cheval, C. Boscher
	Filename	: draft-wu-mpls-ldp-state-00.txt
	Pages		: 62
	Date		: 02-Nov-98
	
   In the current LDP draft [Ref5], there is no state machine specified
   for processing the hop-by-hop routed LDP messages. We think that
   defining a common  state machine is very important for
   interoperability between different ldp implementations.
 
   This draft provides state machine tables for ATM switch LSRs. We
   begin in section 2 by defining a list of terminologies. Then in
   section 3, we propose the state machine tables for ATM switch LSRs.
   Finally, in section 4, we outline the possible future working items.

   Even though the state machines in this document are specific for
   ATM-LSR, they can be easily adapted for other types of LSRs.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-wu-mpls-ldp-state-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wu-mpls-ldp-state-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-wu-mpls-ldp-state-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.