Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jinzaki-socks64-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 18:32:05 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SOCKS64: An IPv4-IPv6 intercommunication gateway 
                          using SOCKS5 protocol
	Author(s)	: A. Jinzaki, S. Kobayashi
	Filename	: draft-jinzaki-socks64-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 19-Nov-98
	
   This memo describes an IPv4-IPv6 intercommunication method based on
   the SOCKS5 protocol.  The method is called SOCKS64, and was first
   announced in the 40th IETF meeting at Washington DC in December 1997
   as one of three translators being developed in the WIDE Project.
   SOCKS64 is a gateway system that accepts SOCKS5 connections from IPv4
   hosts and relays it to IPv4/IPv6 hosts using proper protocols.  We
   have designed and implemented a prototype SOCKS64 system and have
   been testing the prototype in many environments.  Also we are
   distributing the prototype as a KAME distribution package.  This
   article describes the SOCKS64; its principle, implementation,
   experimental results and comparison to other IPv4-IPv6
   intercommunication methods.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-jinzaki-socks64-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jinzaki-socks64-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jinzaki-socks64-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.