Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-webdav-collection-protocol-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 11:41:13 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the WWW Distributed Authoring and Versioning 
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: WebDAV Advanced Collections Protocol
	Author(s)	: J. Slein, J. Davis, A. Babich, J. Whitehead
	Filename	: draft-ietf-webdav-collection-protocol-02.txt
	Pages		: 33
	Date		: 09-Nov-98
	
The base WebDAV protocol [WebDAV] provides basic support for
collections.  It defines a MKCOL method for creating collections and
specifies how other HTTP and WebDAV methods interact with collections.
It supports internal members of collections, which it defines as members
whose URIs are immediately relative to the URI of the collection.
 
Many applications, however, need more powerful collections.  There are
two areas in particular where more powerful functionality is often
needed: referential resources and ordering.
 
This draft specifies extensions to the base WebDAV protocol to support
these more powerful collections.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-webdav-collection-protocol-02.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-webdav-collection-protocol-02.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-webdav-collection-protocol-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.