Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pint-profile-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 17:57:06 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the PSTN and Internet Internetworking Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: The PINT Profile of SIP and SDP:  a Protocol 
                          for IP Access to Telephone Call Services
	Author(s)	: S. Petrack, L. Conroy
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pint-profile-01.txt
	Pages		: 58
	Date		: 20-Nov-98
	
This document contains the specification of the PINT Profile 1.0, which
defines a protocol for invoking certain telephone services from an IP
network. These services include placing basic calls, sending and receiving
faxes, and receiving content over the telephone. The protocol is specified
as a set of enhancements and additions to the SIP 2.0 and SDP 2.0
protocols.
 
This document is intended for the PSTN-Internet Interworking (PINT)
working group of the Internet Engineering Task Force. Comments are
solicited and should be addressed to the working group's mailing list at
[email-masked] and/or the authors.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pint-profile-01.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pint-profile-01.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pint-profile-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.