Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pppext-l2tpdwin-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 17:20:51 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Point-to-Point Protocol Extensions Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: L2TP Dynamic Data Window Adjustment
	Author(s)	: R. Shea
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pppext-l2tpdwin-01.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 17-Nov-98
	
   The Layer Two Tunneling Protocol (L2TP) defines the specification
   of congestion window sizes for data sessions.  In addition, an LNS
   is given the capability to turn off sequence number processing for
   a data session, provided the LAC did not include the Sequencing
   Required AVP during session setup.  This document specifies a
   mechanism whereby an L2TP peer can dynamically change the maximum
   window size values being used for a data session, in order to
   provide the flexibility to operate with smaller window sizes when
   history-bound protocols are operating over a session, and larger
   window sizes when no history-bound protocols are operating over a
   session.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pppext-l2tpdwin-01.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-l2tpdwin-01.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-l2tpdwin-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.