Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-freed-smtp-pipe-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 11:43:31 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SMTP Service Extension for Command Pipelining
	Author(s)	: N. Freed
	Filename	: draft-freed-smtp-pipe-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 16-Nov-98
	
This memo defines an extension to the SMTP service whereby a
server can indicate the extent of its ability to accept
multiple commands in a single TCP send operation. Using a
single TCP send operation for multiple commands can improve
SMTP performance significantly.
 
The present document is an updated version of RFC 2197 [5],
which in turn was a revision of RFC 1854 [2]. Only textual and
editorial changes have been made; the protocol has not changed
in any way.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-freed-smtp-pipe-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-freed-smtp-pipe-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-freed-smtp-pipe-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.