Subject: RFC 2411 on IP Security Document Roadmap

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 12:23:17 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2411:

        Title:	    IP Security Document Roadmap
	Author(s):  R. Thayer, N. Doraswamy, R. Glenn
	Status:     Informational
	Date:       November 1998
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
	            [email-masked]
	Pages:      11
        Characters: 22796
        Updates/Obsoletes/See Also: None
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipsec-doc-roadmap-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2411.txt

The IPsec protocol suite is used to provide privacy and
authentication services at the IP layer.  Several documents are used
to describe this protocol suite.  The interrelationship and
organization of the various documents covering the IPsec protocol are
discussed here.  An explanation of what to find in which document,
and what to include in new Encryption Algorithm and Authentication
Algorithm documents are described.

This document is a product of the IP Security Protocol Working Group
of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.