Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kermode-sadp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 1998 11:37:39 -0500

Note:  This announcement is being re-sent with a correction made in the Abstract.

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Scoped Address Discovery Protocol (SADP)
	Author(s)	: R. Kermode
	Filename	: draft-kermode-sadp-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 05-Nov-98
	
   This document defines a protocol, the Scoped Address Discovery
   Protocol (SADP), for discovering the scoped multicast address(es)
   associated with a session at particular scopes within a
   hierarchically nested set of multicast zones. SADP is designed to
   work within the context of Multicast Address Allocation Architecture
   [MAAA] consisting of the MZAP [MZAP], MASC [MASC], and AAP [AAP]
   protocols. It is intended that SADP will provide the necessary
   general services for reliable multicast and searching applications to
   use expanding-zone searches in lieu of the well known, but less
   efficient expanding-ring search.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kermode-sadp-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kermode-sadp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kermode-sadp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.