Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-lennox-sip-cgi-00.txt,.ps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 12:00:39 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Common Gateway Interface for SIP
	Author(s)	: J. Lennox, J. Rosenberg, H. Schulzrinne
	Filename	: draft-lennox-sip-cgi-00.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 16-Nov-98
	
         In Internet telephony, there must be a means by which new
         services are created and deployed rapidly. In the World
         Wide Web, the Common Gateway Interface (CGI) has served
         as popular means towards programming web services. Due to
         the similarities between the Session Initiation Protocol
         (SIP) and the Hyper Text Transfer Protocol (HTTP), CGI
         seems a good candidate for service creation in a SIP
         environment. This draft proposes a SIP-CGI interface for
         providing SIP services on a SIP server.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-lennox-sip-cgi-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lennox-sip-cgi-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-lennox-sip-cgi-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.