Subject: Nomcom mailing list, call for nominations

From: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 1998 09:29:09 -0500

The job of the Nominations Committee is to come up with the best
willing candidates, either incumbent or new, for the IAB and IESG
positions whose term expires in the Spring of 1999, and to fill any
other openings that might occur.  In particular, the following persons
terms have expired:

IAB Members (for complete list see
<http://www.isi.edu/iab/members.html>):
	Steve Deering,
	Tony Hain,
	Erik Huizer,
	Cyndi Jung,
	Robert Moskowitz, and
	Charlie Perkins.

IESG members, along with their areas (for complete list see
<http://www.ietf.org/iesg.html>):
	Harald Alvestrand (Operations & Management),
	Scott Bradner (Transport),
	Patrik Faltstrom (Applications), and
	Thomas Narten (Internet).

The current nomcom committee mailing list has been set up at

	<[email-masked]>

Please send to the Nominations Committee any suggestions for persons
to fill these IAB and IESG slots (with their qualifications and why
you think they would be a good candidate), any praise or complaints
about the incumbents, and any comments as to the effectiveness of the
IAB or IESG and particularly the type of member who you think would
make them more effective or other factors you think the nomcom should
take into account. The Nominations Committee expects to do most of its
work between November 12th 1998 and February 12th 1999 and, while
input can always be provided, it would be desireable to receive
nominations by Friday, December 11th. You may wish to seek out members
of the nomcom who are at the December IETF meeting to discuss your
views.  Persons are permitted to nominate themselves.

Submissions to and proceedings of the nomcom are confidential.

Thanks,
Donald

PS: Other membes of the Nominations Committee are:

	Steven Bellovin <[email-masked]>
	Avri Doria <[email-masked]>
	Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
	Steve Hanna <[email-masked]>
	Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
	R A Lichtensteiger <[email-masked]>
	Bob Mahoney <[email-masked]>
	Keith McCloghrie <[email-masked]>
	David Meyer <[email-masked]>
	Michael St Johns <[email-masked]>
	Bert Wijnen <[email-masked]>
	Lixia Zhang <[email-masked]>
	Glen Zorn <[email-masked]>

=====================================================================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1 978-287-4877    [email-masked]
 318 Acton Street         +1 978-371-7148(fax)       [email-masked]
 Carlisle, MA 01741 USA   +1 914 784 7913