Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-finseth-eid-url-scheme-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 1998 10:02:11 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The 'eid' URL Scheme
	Author(s)	: C. Finseth
	Filename	: draft-finseth-eid-url-scheme-00.txt
	Pages		: 4
	Date		: 03-Nov-98
	
   This document defines a new URL scheme, 'eid'.  This scheme provides
   a mechanism by which the local application can reference data that
   has been obtained by other, non-URL scheme means.  The scheme is
   intended to provide a general escape mechanism to allow access to
   information for applications that are too specialized to justify
   their own schemas.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-finseth-eid-url-scheme-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-finseth-eid-url-scheme-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-finseth-eid-url-scheme-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.