Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-maughan-nsa-snmpv3-sec-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 11:38:05 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Simpler and More Secure Architectures for SNMPv3
	Author(s)	: S. Borbash, B. Freeman, D. Maughan
	Filename	: draft-maughan-nsa-snmpv3-sec-00.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 18-Nov-98
	
    This document presents simpler and more secure architectures for
    SNMPv3 agents than the ones specified in RFCs 2271-2275.  Agent
    security is improved by restricting each module's access to data,
    using the 'principle of least privilege'.  The new agent
    architectures are analyzed in terms of software complexity as
    well as security, and are shown in some respects to be simpler.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-maughan-nsa-snmpv3-sec-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-maughan-nsa-snmpv3-sec-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-maughan-nsa-snmpv3-sec-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.