Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kadansky-tram-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 10:19:15 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Tree-based Reliable Multicast (TRAM)
	Author(s)	: M. Kadansky, D. Chiu, J. Wesley
	Filename	: draft-kadansky-tram-00.txt
	Pages		: 42
	Date		: 04-Nov-98
	
   This paper describes TRAM, a scalable reliable multicast transport
   protocol.  TRAM is designed to support bulk data transfer from a
   single sender to many receivers.  A dynamically formed repair tree
   provides local error recovery allowing the multicast group to support
   a large number of receivers. TRAM provides flow control, congestion
   control, and other adaptive techniques necessary to operate
   efficiently with other protocols.  Several bulk data applications
   have been implemented with TRAM. TRAM has been tested and simulated
   in a number of network environments.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kadansky-tram-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kadansky-tram-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kadansky-tram-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.