Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-farinacci-multicast-label-part-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 11:45:21 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Partitioning Label Space among Multicast Routers 
                          on a Common Subnet
	Author(s)	: D. Farinacci, Y. Rekhter
	Filename	: draft-farinacci-multicast-label-part-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 16-Nov-98
	
   There are 3 major functions that must be performed to achieve
   multicast Label Switching. 1) Label Allocation, which requires each
   multicast Label Switching Router (LSR) to have a label value range
   that it uses. 2) Label Binding, using the labels allocated, a LSR
   must assign them to multicast routes. 3) Label Binding Distribution,
   after binding label values to routes, they must be distributed to
   other LSRs so they all forward on a common and consistent
   distribution tree.
 
   In this document we present how labels are allocated uniquely across
   multicast capable LSRs on a LAN and point-to-point IP subnets.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-farinacci-multicast-label-part-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-farinacci-multicast-label-part-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-farinacci-multicast-label-part-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.