Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-wong-tlsmux-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 17:19:34 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: TLSMUX - Multiplexed TLS for uniform encrypted 
                          access to local services
	Author(s)	: C. Wong
	Filename	: draft-wong-tlsmux-00.txt
	Pages		: 4
	Date		: 17-Nov-98
	
   This document describes a multiplexing protocol that allows remote
   machines to access local services in a secure manner.  All clients
   must connect to the multiplexer using TLS, allowing encrypted
   network communications to normally cleartext protocols.
 
   TLSMUX is an application level protocol that does not require a
   kernel upgrade or extensions to existing protocols in order to
   operate.  By offering a TLS connection to a multiplexer, current
   servers and protocols do not need to be modified to benefit from the
   encryption features of TLSMUX.  Some clients may need to be updated
   to support TLSMUX, although it is possible for some clients to use a
   TLSMUX proxy without modification.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-wong-tlsmux-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wong-tlsmux-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-wong-tlsmux-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.