Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ippm-ipdv-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 09:47:26 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Instantaneous Packet Delay Variation Metric for IPPM
	Author(s)	: C. Demichelis
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ippm-ipdv-02.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 02-Nov-98
	
 This memo refers to a metric for variation in delay of packets across
 Internet paths. The metric is based on statistics of the difference
 in One-Way-Delay of consecutive packets. This particular definition
 of variation is called 'Instantaneous Packet Delay Variation (ipdv)'.
 
 The metric is valid for measurements between two hosts both in the
 case that they have synchronized clocks and in the case that they are
 not synchronized. In the second case it allows an evaluation of the
 reciprocal skew. Measurements performed on both directions (Two-ways
 measurements) allow a better estimation of clock differences. The
 precision that can be obtained is evaluated.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ippm-ipdv-02.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-ipdv-02.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-ipdv-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.