Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-find-cip-arch-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 10:47:16 -0500

Note: This revision reflects comments received during the last call period.

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Indexing Protocol Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: The Architecture of the Common Indexing Protocol (CIP)
	Author(s)	: J. Allen, M. Mealling
	Filename	: draft-ietf-find-cip-arch-02.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 23-Nov-98
	
      The Common Indexing Protocol (CIP) is used to pass indexing
      information from server to server in order to facilitate query
      routing. Query routing is the process of redirecting and
      replicating queries through a distributed database system towards
      servers holding the desired results. This document describes the
      CIP framework, including its architecture and the protocol
      specifics of exchanging indices.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-find-cip-arch-02.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-find-cip-arch-02.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-find-cip-arch-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.