Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sreddy-swap-requirements-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 18:34:25 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Requirements for Simple Workflow Access Protocol
	Author(s)	: S. Reddy, M. Pryor
	Filename	: draft-sreddy-swap-requirements-02.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 23-Nov-98
	
   Workflow is intuitive and powerful paradigm for capturing business
   processes, reasoning about them, and process specifications to
   produce corresponding implementations that are supported by the
   information systems. There has been a growing acceptance of workflow
   technology in numerous application domains such as
   telecommunications, software engineering, manufacturing, production,
   finance and banking, laboratory sciences, healthcare, shipping and
   office automation.
 
   In the last few years, pervasive network connectivity, exploded
   growth of Internet and web technologies has changed our computational
   landscape to distributed, heterogeneous and network centric computing
   model from centralized, desktop-oriented, and homogenous computing.
   This has raised challenging requirements for workflow technologies in
   terms being required to support heterogeneous, distributed computing
   infrastructures, interoperability, scalability and availability.
 
   The main objective of this document is to identify various business
   requirements for Internet based Workflow Access Protocol to
   instantiate, control and monitor the workflow process instances.
   Definition and administration of process specifications are not
   discussed in this requirements.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-sreddy-swap-requirements-02.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sreddy-swap-requirements-02.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sreddy-swap-requirements-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.