Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-carter-bounded-delay-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 11:30:23 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Bounded-delay service for the internet
	Author(s)	: S. Carter, T. Hodgkinson, A. O'Neill, D. Mortimore
	Filename	: draft-carter-bounded-delay-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 18-Nov-98
	
   This document outlines a proposed new service class for the  internet
   which  is  intended to provide for some small proportion of the total
   traffic on  each  link,  a  quantifiable,  low-delay  service  having
   essentially  no  packet-loss. We call this proposed service, Bounded-
   delay (BD). The approach is  consistent  with  the  architecture  and
   philosophy  of  diff-serv,  and  could  potentially  make  use of the
   proposed EF PHB. BD is similar in many respects  to  Premium  service
   which  has  been  described  previously  [Twobit],  except that BD is
   intended specifically to allow  control  of  end-to-end  delay  in  a
   quantifiable manner.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-carter-bounded-delay-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-carter-bounded-delay-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-carter-bounded-delay-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.