Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pppext-scm-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 17:52:12 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Point-to-Point Protocol Extensions 
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Semi Connected Mode for PPP links
	Author(s)	: M. Latvala
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pppext-scm-01.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 23-Nov-98
	
   The Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) [1] provides a standard method for
   transporting multi-protocol datagrams over point-to-point links.
 
   This document introduces a new PPP feature called Semi Connected
   Mode. When both sides of a point-to-point link agree to use Semi Con-
   nected Mode, either side can transparently disconnect and re-
   establish a circuit-switched connection without having to reconfigure
   the point-to-point link each time.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pppext-scm-01.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-scm-01.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-scm-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.