Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-vandenameele-tiphon-arch-gway-decomp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 18:34:06 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Requirements for the Reference Point ('N') 
                          between Media Gateway Controller and Media Gateway
	Author(s)	: J. Vandenameele
	Filename	: draft-vandenameele-tiphon-arch-gway-decomp-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 19-Nov-98
	
This Internet-Draft contains those excerpts of ETSI-TIPHON's work
that focus on the reference point between Media Gateway Controller
and Media Gateway (reference point 'N' in TIPHON parlance).
 
ETSI-TIPHON is working on standards to connect VoIP (Voice over IP)
networks and phone networks.
 
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS INPUT FROM TIPHON IS WORK IN PROGRESS. IT HAS
BEEN APPROVED NEITHER ON THE TIPHON WORKING GROUP 2 LEVEL, NOR  ON
THE TIPHON PROJECT LEVEL. However, as input is always welcome, we
are herewith submitting the current status of the discussion within
TIPHON to the IETF.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-vandenameele-tiphon-arch-gway-decomp-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vandenameele-tiphon-arch-gway-decomp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-vandenameele-tiphon-arch-gway-decomp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.