Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-crispin-srs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 10:16:06 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Shared Registry System Protocol (SRSP)
	Author(s)	: K. Crispin
	Filename	: draft-crispin-srs-00.txt
	Pages		: 32
	Date		: 02-Nov-98
	
    This specification describes a protocol for a Shared Registry
    System (SRS) that allows multiple registrars to register domain
    names within a single Top Level Domain (TLD).  The protocol is
    high-level, text-based, and can be used over many underlying
    transport mechanisms, including email.  The semantic content of
    the protocol is expressed as a set of keyword-value pairs; the
    semantics and structure of this content is, in this document,
    loosely described as the 'payload'.
 
    The protocol described herein is essentially identical to the SRS
    version 1.5 protocol, specified by the CORE SRS RFP and developed
    by Curt Meyer of Emergent Corporation.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-crispin-srs-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-crispin-srs-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-crispin-srs-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.