Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-srivastava-ldap-mail-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 14:32:43 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: LDAP Schema for Internet Mail
	Author(s)	: A. Srivastava, R. Allen, D. Huff, E. Siegel
	Filename	: draft-srivastava-ldap-mail-00.txt
	Pages		: 33
	Date		: 24-Nov-98
	
   The use of directory services based on the Lightweight Directory
   Access Protocol (LDAP) [LDAP] is becoming increasingly popular for
   distributed and web-based services. Since most LDAP-based
   applications have developed their schemas independently, new
   application designers find themselves faced with the dilemma of how
   to interoperate with an already conflicting set of existing LDAP
   specifications. Today's Web-aware customers expect interoperability,
   so it is crucial to converge existing schema in a way that supports
   interoperability across arbitrary applications and vendors. In this
   spirit, we describe an LDAP schema for internet mail routing and
   delivery that is designed to be modular and to support a common core
   for sharing user state across an arbitrary set of applications.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-srivastava-ldap-mail-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-srivastava-ldap-mail-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-srivastava-ldap-mail-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.