Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-akkiraju-nat-multihoming-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 09:46:27 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Multihoming solution using NATs
	Author(s)	: P. Akkiraju, Y. Rekhter
	Filename	: draft-akkiraju-nat-multihoming-00.txt
	Pages		: 32
	Date		: 10-Nov-98
	
   Multihoming to upstream ISPs is a requirement today for most networks
   in the Internet. The most common motivation to multihome is for
   reliable, non-stop access to the Internet. However, Multihoming
   creates scaling problems for the global routing infrastructure by
   making route aggregation more difficult for multihomed networks.
   Multihoming also complicates the addressing scheme used by the
   network. Another requirement for multihomed networks is the ability
   to load balance traffic between the multiple links to upstream ISPs.
   This requirement is difficult to fulfill for traffic flow in both
   directions as the multihomed network has no control over the return
   path of the packet.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-akkiraju-nat-multihoming-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-akkiraju-nat-multihoming-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-akkiraju-nat-multihoming-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.