Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-vchu-ldap-pwd-policy-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 16:09:37 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Password Policy for LDAP Directories
	Author(s)	: V. Chu
	Filename	: draft-vchu-ldap-pwd-policy-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 15-Dec-98
	
This  document  describes  the  implementation  of  password  policy  in
Netscape  LDAP  directories,  and  introduces  two  new  object classes,
twenty-three new attribute types, and two new  controls  in  support  of
password policy.
 
Password policy is a set of rules that control how passwords are used in
LDAP  directories.  In order to improve the security of LDAP directories
and make it difficult for  password  cracking  programs  to  break  into
directories,  it  is  desirable  to  enforce  a set of rules on password
usage. These rules are made to ensure that the users change their  pass-
words  periodically,  the  new password meets construction requirements,
the re-use of the old password is restricted, and  lock  out  the  users
after a certain number of bad password attempts.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vchu-ldap-pwd-policy-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-vchu-ldap-pwd-policy-00.txt".

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-vchu-ldap-pwd-policy-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.