Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sanchez-garcia-SSTP-v0r2-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 16:13:27 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Simple SCCP Tunneling Protocol (SSTP)
	Author(s)	: D. Sanchez, M. Garcia
	Filename	: draft-sanchez-garcia-SSTP-v0r2-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 14-Dec-98
	
This document describes SSTP, a protocol architecture that provides the
support of SCCP and TCAP user applications over an IP network. The
purpose of SSTP is to provide a standard tunneling protocol to convey
SCCP messages over an IP based network. The core part of the SSTP
architecture is the specification of the SSTP (Simple SCCP Tunneling
Protocol) adaptation layer, that provides adaptation between the SCCP
layer already defined in [3] and [4], and the IP family protocols IP,
UDP, TCP and ICMP. TCP or UDP is used for SCCP class 0 messages. TCP is
used for SCCP class 1, 2 or 3. SSTP provides similar primitives and
parameters to SCCP than MTP, and provides seamless connection between
nodes implementing SSTP and classical SS7 nodes by means of a SSTP
gateway. The design of SSTP is oriented to fulfill the requirements of
TCAP user applications running on a WAN.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sanchez-garcia-SSTP-v0r2-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-sanchez-garcia-SSTP-v0r2-00.txt".

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sanchez-garcia-SSTP-v0r2-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.