Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-disman-remops-mib-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 14:24:55 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Distributed Management Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Definitions of Managed Objects for Remote Ping, 
                          Traceroute, and Lookup Operations Using SMIv2
	Author(s)	: K. White
	Filename	: draft-ietf-disman-remops-mib-03.txt
	Pages		: 33
	Date		: 22-Dec-98
	
This memo defines Management Information Bases (MIBs) for performing
remote ping, traceroute and lookup operations at a remote host.  When
managing a network it is useful to be able to retrieve the results of
either a ping or traceroute operation when performed at a remote host.
A Lookup capability is defined to enable resolving either a IP address
to a DNS name or a DNS name to a IP address at a remote host.
 
Currently, there exists several enterprise defined MIBs for performing
both remote ping or traceroute operations.  The purpose of this memo is
to defined a standards-based solution to enable interoperibility.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-disman-remops-mib-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-disman-remops-mib-03.txt".

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-disman-remops-mib-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.