Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-coar-cgi-v11-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 10:20:25 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The WWW Common Gateway Interface Version 1.1
	Author(s)	: K. Coar, D. Robinson
	Filename	: draft-coar-cgi-v11-01.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 28-Dec-98
	
The Common Gateway Interface (CGI) is a simple interface for running external programs, software, or gateways under an information server in
a platform-independent manner. Currently, the supported information
servers are HTTP servers.

The interface has been in use by the World-Wide Web since 1993. This
specification formally defines the interface known as 'CGI/1.1',
and is a clarification of the interface developed and documented at the
U.S. National Centre for Supercomputing Applications [NCSA-CGI].  This
document also defines the use of the CGI/1.1 interface on the Unix(R)
and AmigaDOS(tm) systems.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-coar-cgi-v11-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-coar-cgi-v11-01.txt".

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-coar-cgi-v11-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.