Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-t38-00.txt,.ps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 16:29:55 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control 
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: SDP Extensions for Fax over IP Using T.38
	Author(s)	: E. Wedlund, W. Jiang, H. Schulzrinne
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-t38-00.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 4
	Date		: 16-Dec-98
	
         Fax over IP is currently using SMTP, i.e. the fax is sent
         as an e-mail.  It would be desireable to support a fax
         delivery that can return status of the transmission in
         real time, such as whether the phone number or address
         was correct, whether the remote side was busy, etc. The
         ITU is standardizing a protocol for transferring real
         time fax over IP, T.38.  This standard is meant to be
         used with the H.323 standard, but it is also possible to
         use it together with SIP, provided that SDP is extended
         to support the necessary parameters. This document
         defines extensions to SDP to support the use of T.38 for
         real-time fax.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-t38-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-t38-00.txt".

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-t38-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.