Subject: RFC2355 on TN3270 Enhancements

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 15:29:29 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

	RFC 2355:

	Title:      TN3270 Enhancements
	Author(s):  B. Kelly
	Status:     Draft Standard
	Date:       June 1998
	Mailbox:    [email-masked]
   	Pages:      38
        Characters: 89394
        Obsoletes:  1647

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2355.txt

This document describes a protocol that more fully supports 3270
devices than do traditional tn3270 practices.  Specifically, it
defines a method of emulating both the terminal and printer members of
the 3270 family of devices via Telnet; it provides for the ability of
a Telnet client to request that it be assigned a specific device-name
(also referred to as "LU name" or "network name"); finally, it adds
support for a variety of functions such as the ATTN key, the SYSREQ
key, and SNA response handling.  This protocol is negotiated under the
TN3270E Telnet Option, and is unrelated to the Telnet 3270 Regime
Option as defined in RFC 1041.  This document is the product of the
Telnet TN3270 Enhancements Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Draft Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for the
Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the "Internet
Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.