Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hoffman-widetext-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 16:08:58 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Registration for the 'widetext' Media Type
	Author(s)	: P. Hoffman
	Filename	: draft-hoffman-widetext-01.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 15-Dec-98
	
This document defines a new MIME top-level media type, 'widetext', which
can be used to carry text that employs the UTF-16 character encoding
scheme. The use of the 'widetext' media type is limited to text-like MIME
bodies that cannot be represented using the 'text' media type.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-widetext-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hoffman-widetext-01.txt".

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-widetext-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.