Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-acap-pers-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 11:17:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Application Configuration Access Protocol 
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: ACAP Email Personality Dataset Class
	Author(s)	: R. Gellens
	Filename	: draft-ietf-acap-pers-01.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 23-Dec-98
	
    It has become common for Internet mail users to receive and compose
    mail in the capacity of different roles or identities (for example,
    personal and work), to receive and compose mail at different
    machines, and to use multiple programs which require mail
    composition configuration information.  These different roles or
    identities have become known as email personalities.
 
    The Application Configuration Access Protocol [ACAP] provides an
    ideal mechanism for storage of email personality data.
 
    This specification defines a standard ACAP dataset class for email
    personalities, and a common option for indicating a default.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-acap-pers-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-acap-pers-01.txt".

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-acap-pers-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.