Subject: Protocol Action: IP Header Compression over PPP to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 08:06:23 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'IP Header Compression over
PPP' <draft-engan-ip-compress-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard.  This
document is the product of the Point-to-Point Protocol Extensions
Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are Jeffrey Burgan and Thomas
Narten

Technical Summary
 
  This document describes an  option  for  negotiating  the  use  of
  header  compression on IP datagrams transmitted over the Point-to-
  Point Protocol [RFC1661]. It defines extensions to the PPP Control
  Protocols for IPv4 and IPv6 [RFC1332, RFC2023]. Header compression
  may be applied to IPv4 and IPv6 datagrams in combination with TCP,
  UDP and RTP transport protocols as specified in [IPHC] and [CRTP].

Working Group Summary

 There was Working Group consensus for this document.

Protocol Quality

 This spec has been reviewed for the IESG by Jeffrey Burgan and Thomas
 Narten.