Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ranganathan-gsmp-qos-framework-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 16:31:06 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A framework for QoS support for open control
	Author(s)	: P. Ranganathan, D. Sreenivasamurthy, J. Evans, A. Kaushal
	Filename	: draft-ranganathan-gsmp-qos-framework-00.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 16-Dec-98
	
   This memo specifies a framework for developing a service type
   based QoS message class for open control of network elements.
   The proposed framework supports the use of alternative control
   interfaces for controlling the network elements. The framework is
   applied to ATM Forum services, Integrated Services (intserv) and
   Differentiated Services (diffserv) to depict the feasibility of
   the approach.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ranganathan-gsmp-qos-framework-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ranganathan-gsmp-qos-framework-00.txt".

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ranganathan-gsmp-qos-framework-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.