Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dnssec-secext2-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 11:18:41 -0500

Note: This revision reflects comments received during the last call period.

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Security Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: Domain Name System Security Extensions
	Author(s)	: D. Eastlake
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dnssec-secext2-07.txt
	Pages		: 49
	Date		: 23-Dec-98
	
   Extensions to the Domain Name System (DNS) are described that provide
   data integrity and authentication to security aware resolvers and
   applications through the use of cryptographic digital signatures.
   These digital signatures are included in secured zones as resource
   records.  Security can also be provided through non-security aware
   DNS servers in some cases.
 
   The extensions provide for the storage of authenticated public keys
   in the DNS.  This storage of keys can support general public key
   distribution services as well as DNS security.  The stored keys
   enable security aware resolvers to learn the authenticating key of
   zones in addition to those for which they are initially configured.
   Keys associated with DNS names can be retrieved to support other
   protocols.  Provision is made for a variety of key types and
   algorithms.
 
   In addition, the security extensions provide for the optional
   authentication of DNS protocol transactions and requests.
 
   This document incorporates feedback on RFC 2065 from early
   implementers and potential users.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnssec-secext2-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dnssec-secext2-07.txt".

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnssec-secext2-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.