Subject: RFC 2479 on IDUP-GSS-API

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 17:13:31 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2479:

        Title:      Independent Data Unit Protection Generic
		    Security Service Application Program 
		    Interface (IDUP-GSS-API)
	Author(s):  C. Adams
	Status:     Informational
	Date:       December 1998
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
	Pages:      70
        Characters: 156070
        Updates/Obsoletes/See Also: None 
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-cat-idup-gss-11.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2479.txt

The IDUP-GSS-API extends the GSS-API [RFC-2078] for applications 
requiring protection of a generic data unit (such as a file or 
message) in a way which is independent of the protection of any other 
data unit and independent of any concurrent contact with designated 
"receivers" of the data unit.  Thus, it is suitable for applications 
such as secure electronic mail where data needs to be protected 
without any on-line connection with the intended recipient(s) of that 
data. 

This document is a product of the Common Authentication Technology
Working Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.