Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipngwg-iana-tla-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 16:55:00 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPNG Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Initial IPv6 Sub-TLA ID Assignments
	Author(s)	: B. Hinden, S. Deering, B. Fink, T. Hain
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipngwg-iana-tla-01.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 17-Dec-98
	
   This document proposes initial assignments of IPv6 Sub-TLA
   Aggregation Identifiers (Sub-TLA ID) to the Address Registries and
   continued management of the IP6.INT domain.  It is intended as
   technical input to the IANA from the IETF IP Next Generation (IPNG)
   and Next Generation Transition (NGTRANS) working groups, as an input
   to the process of developing guidelines for the allocation of IPv6
   addresses.  It is not intended for any official IETF status.

   The IAB and IESG have authorized the Internet Assigned Numbers
   Authority (IANA) as the appropriate entity to have the responsibility
   for the management of the IPv6 address space as defined in [ALLOC].
 
   The proposed initial assignment described in the document is
   consistent with:
 
      - RFC 2373,'IP Version 6 Addressing Architecture' [ARCH]
      - RFC 2374 'An Aggregatable Global Unicast Address Format' [AGGR]
      - RFC 2450 'Proposed TLA and NLA Assignment Rules' [TLA-RULES]
 
   The key words 'MUST', 'MUST NOT', 'REQUIRED', 'SHALL', 'SHALL NOT',
   'SHOULD', 'SHOULD NOT', 'RECOMMENDED', 'MAY', and 'OPTIONAL' in this
   document are to be interpreted as described in [RFC 2119].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-iana-tla-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipngwg-iana-tla-01.txt".

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-iana-tla-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.