Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-thomas-sigtran-igsp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 11:36:31 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: An Inter-Gateway Signalling Protocol For VoIP Networks
	Author(s)	: K. Melkild, V. Raju, M. Thomas
	Filename	: draft-thomas-sigtran-igsp-00.txt
	Pages		: 29
	Date		: 23-Dec-98
	
This document describes a protocol devised by Nortel Networks  for  call
signalling  between gateway call processing entities in a public network
offering Voice  over  IP  (VoIP)  services  and  interworking  with  the
Switched  Circuit  Network  (SCN).   The  protocol  takes account of the
requirement to carry ISUP and other Switched Circuit  Network  protocols
across the network in a transparent fashion while also carrying informa-
tion uniquely required for call processing within the VoIP network.  The
current  draft applies only to calls using the VoIP network to pass from
one SCN to another, but the protocol may be  extended  to  more  general
application.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-thomas-sigtran-igsp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-thomas-sigtran-igsp-00.txt".

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-thomas-sigtran-igsp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.