Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-guerin-qos-routing-ospf-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 11:03:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: QoS Routing Mechanisms and OSPF Extensions
	Author(s)	: G. Apostolopoulos, R. Guerin, S. Kamat, 
                          A. Orda, A. Przygienda, D. Williams 
	Filename	: draft-guerin-qos-routing-ospf-04.txt
	Pages		: 48
	Date		: 23-Dec-98
	
   This memo describes extensions to the OSPF [Moy98] protocol to
   support QoS routes.  The focus of this document is on the algorithms
   used to compute QoS routes and on the necessary modifications to OSPF
   to support this function, e.g., the information needed, its format,
   how it is distributed, and how it is used by the QoS path selection
   process.  Aspects related to how QoS routes are established and
   managed are also briefly discussed.  The goal of this document is
   to identify a framework and possible approaches to allow deployment
   of QoS routing capabilities with the minimum possible impact to the
   existing routing infrastructure.
 
   In addition, experience from an implementation of the proposed
   extensions in the GateD environment [Con], along with performance
   measurements is presented.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-guerin-qos-routing-ospf-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-guerin-qos-routing-ospf-04.txt".

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-guerin-qos-routing-ospf-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.