Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rfced-info-cabletron-vls-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 12:10:16 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Cabletron's VLS Protocol Specification
	Author(s)	: L. Kane
	Filename	: draft-rfced-info-cabletron-vls-00.txt
	Pages		: 93
	Date		: 23-Dec-98
	
   The Virtual LAN Link State Protocol (VLSP) is part of the
   InterSwitch Message Protocol (ISMP) which provides interswitch
   communication between switches running Cabletron's SecureFast
   VLAN (SFVLAN) product.  VLSP is used to determine and maintain a
   fully connected mesh topology graph of the switch fabric.  Each
   switch maintains an identical database describing the topology.
   Call-originating switches use the topology database to determine
   the path over which to route a call connection.
 
   VLSP provides support for equal-cost multipath routing, and
   recalculates routes quickly in the face of topological changes,
   utilizing a minimum of routing protocol traffic.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rfced-info-cabletron-vls-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rfced-info-cabletron-vls-00.txt".

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rfced-info-cabletron-vls-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.