Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rfced-info-cabletron-vlan-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 11:49:52 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Cabletron's SecureFast VLAN Operational Model 
                          Version 1.8
	Author(s)	: D. Ruffen, T. Len, J. Yanacek
	Filename	: draft-rfced-info-cabletron-vlan-00.txt
	Pages		: 56
	Date		: 23-Dec-98
	
   Cabletron's SecureFast VLAN (SFVLAN) product implements a
   distributed connection-oriented switching protocol that provides
   fast forwarding of data packets at the MAC layer.  The product
   uses the concept of virtual LANs (VLANs) to determine the validity
   of call connection requests and to scope the broadcast of certain
   flooded messages.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rfced-info-cabletron-vlan-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rfced-info-cabletron-vlan-00.txt".

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rfced-info-cabletron-vlan-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.