Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipsec-isakmp-gss-auth-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 16:29:23 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Security Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: A GSS-API Authentication Mode for IKE
	Author(s)	: D. Piper
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipsec-isakmp-gss-auth-02.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 16-Dec-98
	
   This document describes an alternate authentication method for IKE
   which makes use of GSS-API to authenticate the Diffie-Hellman
   exchange.  The mechanism described here extends the authentication
   modes defined in RFC-2409 without introducing any modifications to
   the IKE key exchange protocol.  This constraint however, necessarily
   restricts the number of GSS-API exchanges and may limit the broader
   applicability of this method.  Additional work is needed to provide a
   fully generalized solution.  Such a solution will require IKE
   protocol modifications.
 
   For a list of changes since the previous version of this document,
   please see Section 5.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-isakmp-gss-auth-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipsec-isakmp-gss-auth-02.txt".

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-isakmp-gss-auth-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.