Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-glaude-ss7-gw-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 16:13:07 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SS7 to IP Signaling Gateway Transport Architecture
	Author(s)	: N. Glaude, T. Blain, R. Cable
	Filename	: draft-glaude-ss7-gw-00.txt
	Pages		: 39
	Date		: 14-Dec-98
	
This memo defines an architectural framework for transporting SS7
signaling information over Internet Protocol networks. It describes a
Signaling Gateway which acts as a bridge between the SS7 and IP
networks. The Signaling Gateway can be configured as an SS7 end-node
or as a Signal Transfer Point (STP) deployed singly or in a mated pair
configuration. An application program interface (API) allows multiple
remote devices, such as Media Gateways and Media Gateway Controllers,
to register with the Signaling Gateway using TCP or UDP. The API
consists of MTP and SCCP primitives which remote devices can use to
send and receive ISUP and TCAP messages to effect PSTN call control and
access Intelligent Network databases. The MTP and SCCP primitives
ensure that application states (available, unavailable or congested)
are propagated into the SS7 network.
 
This memo also identifies some functional and performance requirements
for SS7 signaling transport to IP-based application processes residing
on one or more client hosts.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-glaude-ss7-gw-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-glaude-ss7-gw-00.txt".

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-glaude-ss7-gw-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.