Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-manet-amris-spec-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 09:41:59 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Ad hoc Multicast Routing protocol utilizing 
                          Increasing id-numberS (AMRIS) 
                          Functional Specification
	Author(s)	:  C. Wu, Y. Tay, C. Toh
	Filename	: draft-ietf-manet-amris-spec-00.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 05-Jan-99
	
   This document introduces a new multicast routing protocol for use
   over ad hoc networks. The protocol is called AMRIS, short for Ad hoc
   Multicast Routing protocol utilizing Increasing id-numberS. The
   conceptual idea behind AMRIS is to assign every node in a multicast
   session with an id-number. A delivery tree rooted at a particular
   node called Sid joins up the nodes participating in the multicast
   session. The relationship between the id-numbers(and the node that
   owns it) and Sid is that the id-numbers increase in numerical value
   as they radiate from the root of the delivery tree. The significance
   of the Sid is that it has the smallest id-number within that
   multicast session. Utilizing the id-numbers, nodes are able to adapt
   rapidly to changes in link connectivity. Recovery messages due to
   link breakages are confined to the region where it occurred.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-amris-spec-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-manet-amris-spec-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-amris-spec-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.