Subject: RFC 2484 on LCP Internationalization Option

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 18:57:23 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2484:

        Title:	    PPP LCP Internationalization Configuration Option
	Author(s):  G. Zorn
	Status:     Proposed Standard
	Date:       January 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
	Pages:      5
        Characters: 8330
        Updates:    2284, 1994, 1570
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pppext-lcp-charset-07.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2484.txt

The Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) [1] provides a standard method for
transporting multi-protocol datagrams over point-to-point links.  PPP
also defines an extensible Link Control Protocol (LCP), which allows
negotiation of an Authentication Protocol for authenticating its peer
before allowing Network Layer protocols to transmit over the link.
 
Both LCP and Authentication Protocol packets may contain text which is
intended to be human-readable [2,3,4].  This document defines an LCP
configuration option for the negotiation of character set and language
usage, as required by RFC 2277 [5].

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document is a product of the Point-to-Point Protocol Extensions
Working Group of the IETF.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.