Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ion-nhrp-mobile-nhc-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 09:41:24 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internetworking Over NBMA Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: NHRP with Mobile NHCs
	Author(s)	: J. Luciani, H. Suzuki, N. Doraswamy, D. Horton
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ion-nhrp-mobile-nhc-01.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 05-Jan-99
	
   This document describes an extension to NHRP [1] which would allow
   Mobile NHCs to perform a registration  with and attach to an NHS in
   their home LIS in an authenticated manner.
 
   As described in this document, Mobile NHCs are NHCs which are not
   configured with enough information to find a specific serving NHS in
   their home LIS, but which have a mechanism to find an NHS (which may
   or may not be a serving NHS) to which they will attach.  As described
   in [1], an NHC may attach to a 'surrogate' NHS by using a mechanism
   such as an anycast address.  In this case, the NHC may use the
   surrogate NHS to send a NHRP Registration Request toward the NHC's
   home LIS where a serving NHS resides.  However, as defined in [1],
   packet authentication is performed on a hop by hop basis.  In the
   mobile NHC case, it is not practical for the mobile NHC be in a
   security relationship with every surrogate NHS, thus it is presumably
   desirable to have some form of end to end only authentication for the
   case of a mobile NHC's registration.  This document describes an
   authentication extension for NHRP which has such end to end only
   semantics.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ion-nhrp-mobile-nhc-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ion-nhrp-mobile-nhc-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ion-nhrp-mobile-nhc-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.