Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-fax-reporting-extensions-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 08:18:14 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.  This draft is a work item of the Internet Fax Working
Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Indicating Supported Media Features Using
			  Extensions to DSN and MDN
	Author(s)	: D. Wing
	Filename	: draft-ietf-fax-reporting-extensions-05.txt
	Pages		: 4
	Date		: 28-Jan-99
	
A device, unlike a workstation, is not generally extensible by
installing a new reader, plugin, or other software.  There is a need in
Internet mail for a recipient to indicate the media features it
supports so that messages can be generated by senders without exceeding
the recipient's abilities.

This memo describes a format for generating Message Disposition
Notifications [RFC2298] and Delivery Status Notifications [RFC1894]
which contain such information.  This information can be used by
senders to avoid exceeding the recipient's capabilities when sending
subsequent messages.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fax-reporting-extensions-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-fax-reporting-extensions-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fax-reporting-extensions-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.