Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipsec-sps-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 09:26:58 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Security Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Security Policy System
	Author(s)	: L. Sanchez, M. Condell
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipsec-sps-00.txt
	Pages		: 69
	Date		: 05-Jan-99
	
This document describes a distributed system that provides the
mechanisms needed for discovering, accessing and processing security
policy information of hosts, subnets or networks of a security domain.
In this system policy clients and servers exchange information using
the Security Policy Protocol. The protocol defines how the policy
information is exchanged, processed, and protected by clients and
servers. The system accommodates topology changes, hence policy
changes, rather easily without the scalability constraints imposed by
static reconfiguration of each client. The protocol is extensible and
flexible. It allows the exchange of complex policy objects between
clients and servers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-sps-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipsec-sps-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-sps-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.