Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mpls-cr-ldp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 10:33:48 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: Constraint-Based LSP Setup using LDP
	Author(s)	: L. Andersson, A. Fredette, B. Jamoussi,
                          R. Callon, P. Doolan, N. Feldman, E. Gray,
                          J. Halpern, J. Heinanen, T. Kilty, A. Malis, 
                          M. Girish, K. Sundell, P. Vaananen, T. Worster, 
                          L. Wu, R. Dantu 
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mpls-cr-ldp-00.txt
	Pages		: 31
	Date		: 27-Jan-99
	
   Label Distribution Protocol (LDP) is defined in [LDP] for
   distribution of labels inside one MPLS domain.  One of the most
   important services that may be offered using MPLS in general and LDP
   in particular is support for constraint-based routing of traffic
   across the routed network. Constraint-based routing offers the
   opportunity to extend the information used to setup paths beyond what
   is available for the routing protocol. For instance, an LSP can be
   setup based on an explicit route constraint, a Service Class (SC)
   constraint, or both. Constraint-based routing (CR) and Traffic
   Engineering requirements  have been proposed by [FRAME], [ARCH] and
   [TER]. These requirements may be met by extending LDP for support of
   constraint-based routed label switched paths (CRLSPs). Other uses
   exist for CRLSPs as well ([VPN1] and [VPN2]).

   This draft specifies mechanisms and TLVs for support of CRLSPs using
   LDP. The Explicit Route object and procedures are extracted from
   [ER].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-cr-ldp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mpls-cr-ldp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-cr-ldp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.