Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mmusic-sip-12.txt,.ps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 11:14:47 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control 
Working Group of the IETF.

Note: This revision reflects comments received during the last call period.

	Title		: SIP: Session Initiation Protocol
	Author(s)	: M. Handley, H. Schulzrinne, E. Schooler, J. Rosenberg
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mmusic-sip-12.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 149
	Date		: 18-Jan-99
	
         The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is an application-
         layer control (signaling) protocol for creating,
         modifying and terminating sessions with one or more
         participants. These sessions include Internet multimedia
         conferences, Internet telephone calls and multimedia
         distribution. Members in a session can communicate via
         multicast or via a mesh of unicast relations, or a
         combination of these.
 
         SIP invitations used to create sessions carry session
         descriptions which allow participants to agree on a set
         of compatible media types. SIP supports user mobility by
         proxying and redirecting requests to the user's current
         location. Users can register their current location.  SIP
         is not tied to any particular conference control
         protocol. SIP is designed to be independent of the
         lower-layer transport protocol and can be extended with
         additional capabilities.
 
         This document is a product of the Multi-party Multimedia
         Session Control (MMUSIC) working group of the Internet
         Engineering Task Force.  Comments are solicited and
         should be addressed to the working group's mailing list
         at [email-masked] and/or the authors.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sip-12.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mmusic-sip-12.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sip-12.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.