Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bradner-handshake-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 11:03:48 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Secret Handshakes: How to get RFCs published in the IETF
	Author(s)	: S. Bradner
	Filename	: draft-bradner-handshake-03.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 18-Jan-99
	
   There is confusion over how to get an RFC published in the IETF.
   Recently a long time IETF participant asked me what 'secret
   handshake' was need to get documents published as RFCs since he had
   been trying unsuccessfully to get that done.  This memo is the result
   of that query and describes the procedures required, gives the proper
   references and the required email addresses.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bradner-handshake-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-bradner-handshake-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bradner-handshake-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.