Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-vandenameele-tiphon-arch-gway-decomp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 12:05:50 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Requirements for a Protocol between Media 
                          Gateway Controller and Media Gateway 
                          (Reference Point 'N')
	Author(s)	: J. Vandenameele
	Filename	: draft-vandenameele-tiphon-arch-gway-decomp-01.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 25-Jan-99
	
This Internet-Draft contains an update of ETSI-TIPHON's work
on requirements for a protocol at the reference point N (in TIPHON
parlance) of the TIPHON reference configuration. Reference point N
designates the information flows required for control of a Media
Gateway in a decomposed Gateway [0].

This Internet-Draft supercedes the one submitted in November 1998
and represents consensus of working group 2 in TIPHON.

ETSI-TIPHON is working on standards to connect VoIP (Voice over IP)
networks and phone networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vandenameele-tiphon-arch-gway-decomp-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-vandenameele-tiphon-arch-gway-decomp-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-vandenameele-tiphon-arch-gway-decomp-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.