Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipsec-dhcp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 10:16:38 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Security Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Dynamic configuration of IPSEC VPN host using DHCP
	Author(s)	: B. Patel
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipsec-dhcp-01.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 06-Jan-99
	
   IPSEC [2] is a protocol suite defined by IETF working group on IP
   security to secure communication at the network layer between
   communicating peers. Among many applications enabled by IPSEC, an
   interesting and useful application is connect a remote host (e.g.,
   roaming user) to the intranet through SNG (or secure network
   gateway) using IPSEC tunnels. A remote host on the public internet
   would connect to a secure network gateway and then establish an
   IPSEC tunnel between itself and SNG. All the traffic between the
   remote host and the intranet will be carried over the IPSEC tunnel
   via SNG as shown in the figure.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-dhcp-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipsec-dhcp-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-dhcp-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.