Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hopps-ecmp-algo-analysis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 10:11:08 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Analysis of an ECMP Algorithm
	Author(s)	: C. Hopps
	Filename	: draft-hopps-ecmp-algo-analysis-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 06-Jan-99
	
   Equal cost multipath (ECMP) is a routing technique for routing
   packets along multiple paths of equal cost.  The forwarding engine
   identifies paths by next-hop.  When forwarding a packet the router
   must decide which next hop (path) to use. This document gives an
   analysis of one popular method for making that decision.  The
   analysis includes the performance of the algorithm and the disruption
   caused by changes to the set of next-hops.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hopps-ecmp-algo-analysis-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hopps-ecmp-algo-analysis-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hopps-ecmp-algo-analysis-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.