Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sanchez-garcia-SSTP-v1r0-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 11:03:20 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Simple SCCP Tunneling Protocol (SSTP)
	Author(s)	: D. Sanchez, M. Garcia
	Filename	: draft-sanchez-garcia-SSTP-v1r0-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 18-Jan-99
	
This document describes SSTP (Simple SCCP Tunneling Protocol), a
protocol architecture that provides the support of SCCP and TCAP user
applications over an IP network. The purpose of SSTP is to provide a
standard tunneling protocol to convey SCCP messages over an IP based
network. Address mapping from PSTN signalling to IP is not in the scope
of this draft. Therefore SSTP only deals with IP addresses. TCP or UDP
is used for SCCP class 0 messages. TCP is used for SCCP class 1, 2 or 3.
SSTP provides seamless connection between nodes implementing SSTP and
classical SS7 nodes by means of an SSTP gateway. The design of SSTP is
oriented to fulfill the requirements of TCAP user applications running
on a WAN.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sanchez-garcia-SSTP-v1r0-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-sanchez-garcia-SSTP-v1r0-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sanchez-garcia-SSTP-v1r0-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.