Subject: Protocol Action: Media Feature Tag Registration Procedure to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 12:41:04 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Media Feature Tag
Registration Procedure' <draft-ietf-conneg-feature-reg-03.txt> as a
BCP.  This document is the product of the Content Negotiation Working
Group.  The IESG contact persons are Keith Moore and Patrik Faltstrom.

Note the following in appendix A (which should be removed upon creation of
the RFC):

   This document refers to the feature tags mailing list
   [email-masked].  This list does not exist at the
   present time and needs to be created.

   The ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/iana/assignments/media-feature-tags/
   area does not exist at the present time and needs to be created.

Technical Summary
 
This BCP describes the registration procedures with IANA regarding
registration of new Media Feature Tags. Each tag is defined to be
able to have certain values, and the tags together with the
tag-specific values can be used for describing capabilities of
certain software and equipment on the net.

Working Group Summary

The working group have been looking at the problem of negotiating
capabilites such as paper size, color handling and such for HTTP/HTML
and Fax. Especially the fax community have come with input to this
working group.

Protocol Quality

This document have been reviewed by Patrik Faltstrom.