Subject: Protocol Action: Accounting Information for ATM Networks to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 12:07:02 -0500

The IESG has approved the following Internet-Drafts for publication as
Proposed Standards:

 o Accounting Information for ATM Networks
   <draft-ietf-atommib-atmacct-03.txt>

 o Managed Objects for Controlling the Collection and Storage of
   Accounting Information for Connection-Oriented Networks
   <draft-ietf-atommib-acct-06.txt>

These documents are the product of the AToM MIB Working Group.
The IESG contact person Jeffrey Burgan and Thomas Narten.

 
Technical Summary
 
  The document "Managed Objects for Controlling the Collection and
  Storage of Accounting Information for Connection-Oriented Networks"
  describes managed objects used for controlling the collection and
  storage of accounting information for connection-oriented networks
  such as ATM.  Objects are defined in a manner that is independent of
  the specific type of network. The accounting data is collected into
  files for later retrieval via a file transfer protocol.

  The document "Accounting Information for ATM Networks" defines a set
  of ATM-specific accounting information which can be collected for
  connections on ATM networks.

Working Group Summary

  The Working Group came to consensus and there were no significant
  changes as the result of the working group last call.

Protocol Quality

  These documents were reviewed for the IESG by Kaj Tesink. They have
  been further been reviewed by Bert Wijnen, Jeffrey Burgan and Thomas
  Narten of the IESG.