Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-fax-eifax-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 08:13:04 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.  This draft is a work item of the Internet Fax Working
Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Extended Facsimile Using Internet Mail
	Author(s)	: L. Masinter, D. Wing
	Filename	: draft-ietf-fax-eifax-12.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 28-Jan-99
	
This document describes extensions to 'Simple Mode of Facsimile Using
Internet Mail' [RFC2305] and describes additional features, including
transmission of enhanced document characteristics (higher resolution,
color) and confirmation of delivery and processing.

These additional features are designed to provide the highest level of
interoperability with the existing and future standards-compliant email
infrastructure and mail user agents, while providing a level of service
that approximates the level currently enjoyed by fax users.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fax-eifax-12.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-fax-eifax-12.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fax-eifax-12.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.