Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-snmpv3-intro-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 11:20:53 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the SNMP Version 3 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Introduction to Version 3 of the Internet-standard 
                          Network Management Framework
	Author(s)	: J. Case, R. Mundy, D. Partain, B. Stewart
	Filename	: draft-ietf-snmpv3-intro-03.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 25-Jan-99
	
    The purpose of this document is to provide an  overview  of  the
    third  version  of  the  Internet-standard Management Framework,
    termed the SNMP version 3 Framework (SNMPv3).  This Framework is
    derived from and builds upon both the original Internet-standard
    Management Framework (SNMPv1) and the  second  Internet-standard
    Management Framework (SNMPv2).

    The architecture is designed to be modular to allow  the  evolu-
    tion of the Framework over time.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-snmpv3-intro-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-snmpv3-intro-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-snmpv3-intro-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.