Subject: RFC 2485 on DCHP Option for the Open Group's UAP

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 18:59:21 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2485:

        Title:	    DHCP Option for The Open Group's User
		    Authentication Protocol
	Author(s):  S. Drach
	Status:     Proposed Standard
	Date:       January 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
	Pages:      4
        Characters: 7205
        Updates/Obsoletes/See Also: None    
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dhc-options-uap-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2485.txt

This document defines a DHCP [1] option that contains a list of
pointers to User Authentication Protocol servers that provide user
authentication services for clients that conform to The Open Group
Network Computing Client Technical Standard [2].
 
This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document is a product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working
Group of the IETF.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.