Subject: RFC 2490 on IP Multicast with RSVP

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 14:21:26 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2490:

        Title:	    A Simulation Model for IP Multicast with RSVP
	Author(s):  M. Pullen, R. Malghan, L. Lavu, G. Duan, J. Ma,
		    H. Nah
	Status:     Informational
	Date:       January 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked], 
		    [email-masked], [email-masked],
		    [email-masked], [email-masked]
	Pages:      31
        Characters: 74936
        Updates/Obsoletes/See Also: None    
        I-D Tag:    draft-pullen-ipv4-rsvp-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2490.txt

This document describes a detailed model of IPv4 multicast with RSVP
that has been developed using the OPNET simulation package [4], with
protocol procedures defined in the C language.  The model was
developed to allow investigation of performance constraints on routing
but should have wide applicability in the Internet multicast/resource
reservation community.  We are making this model publicly available
with the intention that it can be used to provide expanded studies of
resource-reserved multicasting.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.
 
This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.