Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rosen-vpn-mpls-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 10:13:31 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: BGP/MPLS VPNs
	Author(s)	: E. Rosen, Y. Rekhter
	Filename	: draft-rosen-vpn-mpls-01.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 06-Jan-99
	
   This document describes a method by which a Service Provider with an
   IP backbone may provide VPNs for its customers.  MPLS is used for
   forwarding packets over the backbone, and BGP is used for
   distributing routes over the backbone.  The primary goal of this
   method is to support the outsourcing of IP backbone services for
   enterprise networks. It does so in a manner which is simple for the
   enterprise, while still scalable and flexible for the Service
   Provider, and while allowing the Service Provider to add value. These
   techniques can also be used to provide a VPN which itself provides IP
   service to customers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosen-vpn-mpls-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rosen-vpn-mpls-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rosen-vpn-mpls-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.